Purchasing an 06 WRX

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2006, 06:33 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchasing an 06 WRX

Hi All,

I am pleased to report that in the end we managed to dispose of the TVR back to the supplying dealer. In the end we didn't go for a Spec C, mainly because to try and put a deal together to handle the negative of the TVR would have resulted in a dreadfully expensive Spec C.

In the end the TVR dealer supplied us with a nicely discounted Vectra VXR, which is due to go into the VXR Performance Centre for some officially endorsed upgrades.

Despite this we are still great fans of Subaru and are considering replacing our Citroen C4 Coupe (an early car with a frustrating need for trips to the dealer for modified parts). My question is are there good deals to be had from UK dealers or is it best to go down the euro import route.

I am nervous about buying from an Official Dealer, the last time I did this I discovered afterwards that there were big savings on the Legacy Spec B, that were not forthcoming from the dealer and I don't believe for one reason they were mythical deals.

Any suggestions?
Old 02 April 2006, 07:39 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a look in the for sale section, a new Spec C for sale there for 24k, interested??

Tony
Old 02 April 2006, 08:29 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Hi Tony,

No I am looking for something cheaper and less powerful than the Spec C, the car will be a 2nd car.
Old 02 April 2006, 08:40 PM
zig
Scooby Newbie

Hi Catherine,

I am in the process of buying a 06 WRX. Personally the deals available from the UK dealers are rotten! and I am looking at a euro import from Allbrandnew in Hull, (has anyone in here dealt with them) I am being told that if the original euro dealer registers the warranty with Subaru UK that the UK dealers have to honour it!! this change has apparently happened in the last year, but I can't find anyone to substantiate it! Anyway even if they won't honour the warranty the car is £6k below list and I can't get our local dealer to budge from list price!

cheers Zig
Old 02 April 2006, 09:33 PM
Leeroy
Scooby Regular

Just be sure that the final OTR price is as advertised - I recently purchased a new Sti and looked at allbrandsnew etc and found that the advertised price was not exactly what you had to pay. Allbrandsnew also didn't return a number of my calls when enquiring, and offered me a poor p/ex.

In a lot of cases importers will charge to put on CAT1/Tracker.

Also, I personally don't have a great deal of confidence in their pdi process - how can an importer who supplies virtually all makes/models be expected to carry out a proper Subaru pdi (i.e tracking etc.) to the same standards as a main dealer?

In the end I bought an EU import from my local dealer at a price which was close to allbrandsnew, with a better p/ex and the added security of buying from a main dealer down the road...
Old 02 April 2006, 09:53 PM
Edward
Scooby Regular

These claim to be UK cars:
http://www.newregcars.co.uk/cardetai...za&capid=32935

If it's correct it's a superb price.

Otherwise I would fax or email every main dealer within a 100 miles and make it clear that your going to place an order that day.
Old 02 April 2006, 10:13 PM
zig
Scooby Newbie

thanks guys

i know what you mean leeroy, they want roadtax, cat 1 alarm, tracker as extra, although they have offered me a much better trrade in value, than most, which is what kept me interested! My local main dealer really prtoects his interests and won't touch imports, can't say I blame him, they would rupture his very lucrative business! but thats no help to little old me.

Hi Ed, I checked that site, see what you mean, I will be in touch with them tomorrow, thanks! I would agree with you about faxing the dealers but local dealers up here are limited and very protective, WRX prices up here are very inflated!
Old 02 April 2006, 11:17 PM
tim's wrx
Scooby Regular

Personally I'd go for Motorpoint at £14,995 for 4 dr WRX or £1,000 more for 5 dr plus about £300 for on the road charges plus about £350 for Cat 1 alarm and locking wheel nuts.

Bought from them back in Jan 05 and all very professional was my experience.

Newregcars looks very good too especially if UK car but I have my doubts about that even though they say in the spec it comes with Cat 1 alarm.

3 yr waranty was sorted out by Subaru Europe so there should be no problems with that either.
Old 03 April 2006, 12:42 PM
zig
Scooby Newbie

I have been in touch with motorpoint, so far so good, will keep you posted!
Old 03 April 2006, 12:51 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zig
I have been in touch with motorpoint, so far so good, will keep you posted!
Hi Zig

I know it's a bit further away from you but have you tried S&S in Ayr. Speak to John Spicer he will try his best to do a deal with you that benefits both the Customer and obviously himself. Previously, I used the dealer in Penicuik but found them unwilling to negotiate or even try to accomodate a deal.

Worth a try for the price of a phone call 01292 880080. Can't of course promise that it will meet your expectations but I've bought my last 2 STi's from them & they always went that bit further to close the deal.

Cheers

Den

PS Usual disclaimer - I do not work for or have an affiliation to S&S in Ayr, just a satisfied customer sharing the benefit of experience with fellow Scoobynetters
Old 03 April 2006, 01:22 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

newregcars are pre-registered, although with only delivery mileage.
Old 03 April 2006, 02:18 PM
zig
Scooby Newbie

I have spoken to newregcars as well, although they advertise with, the cars don't have a cat 1 alarm or side air bags! they are imported from spain.
Old 04 April 2006, 01:28 PM
smartbase
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by zig
Hi Catherine,

I am in the process of buying a 06 WRX. Personally the deals available from the UK dealers are rotten! and I am looking at a euro import from Allbrandnew in Hull, (has anyone in here dealt with them) I am being told that if the original euro dealer registers the warranty with Subaru UK that the UK dealers have to honour it!! this change has apparently happened in the last year, but I can't find anyone to substantiate it! Anyway even if they won't honour the warranty the car is £6k below list and I can't get our local dealer to budge from list price!

cheers Zig
I bought a 06 WRX off them, got a good price on my px 206 as well. Had some questions about the alarm they arranged to fit afterwards, and very hard to get hold of the guy. In the end contacted the alarm suppliers direct (Kingston car sound) and they couldn't have been more helpful.
Old 04 April 2006, 01:32 PM
smartbase
Scooby Newbie

Warranty wise, I got a nice letter from Subaru in Malta, confirming the warranty, and saying if any UK dealers wouldn't honour the warranty to get in touch with Subaru Malta who'll "Sort it out"