Sponsored by:

Starting to twitch now...

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2006, 02:30 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting to twitch now...

My 3 week old STI is STILL off the road with a brake/DCCD fault.i think electricity confuses the 'monkeys'

Anyway im now starting to miss it!, im sure the petrol garage will phone me soon, wondering if im i'll or something.

6 days and counting....

Simon
Old 22 February 2006, 02:45 PM
NorthDownsScooby
Scooby Regular

I can see a HUGE apology coming from the garage when they eventually get it back to you.

Old 22 February 2006, 02:51 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

I doubt it, subaru assist made me take it to a garage i dont normally use, they seem as interested as dale winton is interested in breasts

'we are waiting on the random part that we thought 'might' be faulty to come from subaru'

Simon
Old 22 February 2006, 04:02 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

what was the problem with it?
Old 22 February 2006, 04:08 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Brake error lights (Main and abs) diff flashing 'open' green but is actually locked.

Simon
Old 22 February 2006, 05:15 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

To add to this, it would of been in the dealers a lot earlier if Subaru Assist had remembered to pick the car up (i got the hire car ok) that lost me 3 days effectivly (should of been in the dealers 1st thing saturday) but i had to ring them to remind them to send someone out on saturday mid morning, it didnt get to the dealers till saturday lunch time when the workshop shut, meaning any parts that could of been ordered then werent ordered untill they looked at it late monday afternoon.

I feel better after writing that down!

Simon
Old 22 February 2006, 05:27 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

It's ok m8 I had to wait 6 weeks to get my hands on my toy when I came back from Cyprus. To top it off they had a club run in Cyprus the week after I shipped it back to the UK. So belive me when you get your pride and joy back it will be like the first day you picked it up.
Old 22 February 2006, 10:10 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Hi guys,

Seeing as i didnt get a call from the dealer again today and will be the 7th day tommorow, i think it would be best to 'reject' the car, can anyone give me advice on what proceedures i need to go through this proccess?

The one complication i can see is the car is not at the supplying dealers its at the dealers that subaru assist insisted was closest (i later found out there even a closer one, ironically right next door to where i had to pick the hire car up from)

If i havnt got the car back tommorow or informed tommorow that i can pick it up friday also with a definate explanation of the fault (ie - not - we fiddled with the connectors and then it was allright) then the best bet is for me to get my money back or a replacement unit.

Simon

PS it will be 28 days on friday afternoon
Old 23 February 2006, 12:01 AM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlueSimon
Hi guys,

Seeing as i didnt get a call from the dealer again today and will be the 7th day tommorow, i think it would be best to 'reject' the car, can anyone give me advice on what proceedures i need to go through this proccess?

The one complication i can see is the car is not at the supplying dealers its at the dealers that subaru assist insisted was closest (i later found out there even a closer one, ironically right next door to where i had to pick the hire car up from)

If i havnt got the car back tommorow or informed tommorow that i can pick it up friday also with a definate explanation of the fault (ie - not - we fiddled with the connectors and then it was allright) then the best bet is for me to get my money back or a replacement unit.

Simon

PS it will be 28 days on friday afternoon
Yup, I'd try that. I'm no expert but faults so soon after purchase isn't acceptable. Contact your local Trading Standards Department for advice.
I think the danger is that if you accept a repair you are on shakier ground.
The dealer and probably International Motors will do all they can to get you to accept the car after repair.
I think you may be able to argue that the car was "not fit for purpose".
Old 23 February 2006, 08:27 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

You do need to be careful that the first thing that goes wrong on your car means a reason to reject it - they don't like that and you generally have to give them a chance to fix it. If it then continues to go wrong, you can reject the car, as you;ve given them the chance to resolve the issue.

If you turn around now and try to reject it, you'll likely get their backs up and lose out in the long run. I'm sure TS would support this and certainly from what I have seen in the past, you have tot show willing on your side. Trying to give them back a brand new car with a fault they have taken a while to fix is probably not enough to warrant a straight out refusal...
Old 23 February 2006, 09:29 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys,

It wasnt the fact that ive had a fault on a new car its everything that has followed, its in its 7th day now. if i hadnt rang the dealers mon/tues do i think they would of rang me?, no. i think its reaching 'unreasonable level', the car hire will need extending this lunchtime, whats the betting i have to ring them to remind them?

Best quote i had on my conversation on tuesday was 'is the car under warranty?'

Anyone know subaru uk cutomer care or technical phone numbers?

Simon
Old 24 February 2006, 09:53 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Yeah!!!!

Got my car back!

Forgot how powerfull the car is in 2nd gear and had a moment on a slushy roundabout, yippee!, life on the edge again (god though re70's are crap)

All wasnt smooth when picking my car up (dealer sorted my concerns out on the condition of the car tho)

All to do now is:

1) get supplying dealer to take the dent out they put in the wing while fitting the PPP
2) Get disks 'skimmed' (theve not cleaned up from new and subaru make you 'skim' them now)
3) Swap Boot with a WRX owner (yes everything went **** up with the person id arranged this with the day after i broke down)
4) Get some winter wheels
5) Fit Snooper back in
6) Get some decent Mats
7) Drive like a loon now and then

Anyway im now back in scooby kingdome

BTW the fault was traced to the whole ABS unit itself (apparently this has never gone wrong before on a 'new' car)

Simon
Old 24 February 2006, 10:10 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

god though re70's are crap
Yup as bout as crap as any other wide tyre in slushy weather.
I can personally vouch that you need to get these tyres scrubbed in, there is nothing wrong with them, they clear water better than some "wet weather" tyres and have fantastic grip, though your driving style has to adapt to them, i can say, hand on heart that ive left a hot hatch on a wet road on the twisties with these tyres on, highly amusing if you think they are crap

Tony
Old 24 February 2006, 10:40 AM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Yep their crap in the wet compared to Eagle F1's i normally run, but they have more grip in the wet than i expected.

Anyway by next winter i should have my winter tyres and wheels (avon or michelin winter tyres)

Simon
Old 24 February 2006, 01:11 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Yeah!!!!

All to do now is:

3) Swap Boot with a WRX owner (yes everything went **** up with the person id arranged this with the day after i broke down)

Simon
Simon.... could you get your dealer to sort the swapping of the boot, locks etc for a nominal sum due to the hassle you've had

Still haven't bought a DRM wing yet . Pick the car up this wednesday now, don't ask why it isn't tomorrow .

Tony.
Old 24 February 2006, 01:54 PM
BlueSimon
Scooby Regular

Hope its not because they stripped your abs and put it in my car

Are you picking your car up early wednesday?, would you want to swap wed/thurs or wait for saturday?

i'll ring em when you know when u can do it

Simon