Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could'nt believe what I was reading here!

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2005, 09:06 PM
wagonlover
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Could'nt believe what I was reading here!

Just read post from user here which had the title 'whats the point in owning an Impreza'. Now its not so much that but quite a few interesting replies regarding the Cupra beating an Impreza. I take it they're talking about the Seat Leon Cupra R and if it is are'nt they just the Seat equivelant of the Audi S3 from VAG. I've had 225 TT's and an S3 and they were slow compared to Impreza and recall thinking how amazing Subaru were at tuning/ tinkering to get extra power even though standard Impreza is 225 Bhp. I now know that the Impreza is far lighter than TT and S3. Also whats all this bout Audi V6 diesel's keeping up with Impreza's?

I've been trawling through posts here for past few days trying to get information on tuning a Sportwagon. I have been thinking about buying one 2- 3 years old with the Prodrive Performance Pack 265Bhp and wonder how owners have modified to get power upto 300Bhp if at all.

The whole petrol issue is a factor too. Anyone who thinks the price of fuel will go down in a few weeks is dillusional. The current high price is being blamed on the 'war on terror' and hurricanes. Once the hurricane season has passed the fuel price will remain at current levels with the war on terror being blamed when Iran is invaded next year. Nobody is blockading the oil refineries so the government will carry on with the status quo. Where are all the truckers who were complaining about the hike in fuel being the difference between their livelyhood. They were protesting 3 years ago when fuel was only 87p a litre. I'm a taxi driver and have been for 5 years and was having a chat with colleagues about the price of fuel 5 years ago. You could get unleaded for 68p a litre and diesel was 70p a litre. Thats a rise of 28p a litre in five years.Costs me £1,200 a year extra in fuel a year
Old 06 September 2005, 09:53 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

I've got a standard 03 wrx (non ppp)wagon and Mrs sticks has a TT (225) and yes you are correct the Scooby even in it's standard form is quicker than the TT but the TT does stick to the road a lot better than the Scooby because it's a lot lower than the wagon I guess. Go for it and get a ppp wagon and I'm sure you won't regret it , just get the insurance soted first

Dave
Old 06 September 2005, 11:52 PM
wagonlover
Scooby Newbie

I presume the PPP increases Bhp through remap/ chip and boost increase to get the extra 40Bhp so is there an affordable way to get a wagon upto 300Bhp (and I don't mean nitrous).
Old 07 September 2005, 12:19 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wagonlover
I presume the PPP increases Bhp through remap/ chip and boost increase to get the extra 40Bhp so is there an affordable way to get a wagon upto 300Bhp (and I don't mean nitrous).
You also get bigger exhaust upgraded hoses and a very useful sti beating torque of 348 nm.

from prodrive http://www.prodrive.com/uploads/03MY%20WRX%20PPP.pdf

You can out accelarate an sti to 60 (mostly due to the 6 speed box on the sti)
and you also blend in much more easily in a wagon with no wheel arches bulges and big rear wings

And you can have mine next year when i trade up to a spec B Legacy
tourer.

Last edited by mattstant; 07 September 2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07 September 2005, 12:35 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Used to like hunting TTs - especially on motorway slip roads Childish I know but it always made me smile.
Old 07 September 2005, 12:50 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

Originally Posted by Chris L
Used to like hunting TTs - especially on motorway slip roads Childish I know but it always made me smile.
Old 07 September 2005, 01:47 PM
chippy17
Scooby Regular

TT is just a Skoda in a party frock!
Old 07 September 2005, 02:08 PM
Scumbag
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chippy17
TT is just a Skoda in a party frock!
We need to get Trinny and Susannah in with frocks like that