Sponsored by:

Subaruy assistance

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2005, 12:49 PM
zappa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subaruy assistance

Do you all know your 4 digit override code for your immobiliser off by heart? I went on holiday and came back to a flat battery. Called Subaru Assistance (SA) and was sent a mechanic with no specific Subaru knowledge. When the alarm sounded on boosting my dead battery, he called SA to be told that if you keep trying the key it will eventually override the alarm and immobiliser...bo**ox! Got another call out and was transported home, dug out number and hey presto it started but...the key fob no longer activates the locks / alarm / immobiliser

Is this right? How do I reset the fob?

btw although the technical knowledge was poor the SA response time was excellent especially for 4 am on a Sunday.

Guidance always greatly appreciated...
Old 30 August 2005, 12:56 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, 1007 ............. it's imprinted upon my memory

Pete

ps. ****, they fitted a new alarm under warranty .... will the PIN have changed??
Old 30 August 2005, 01:06 PM
zappa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Yes, 1007 ............. it's imprinted upon my memory

Pete

ps. ****, they fitted a new alarm under warranty .... will the PIN have changed??
I see...
Old 30 August 2005, 01:12 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

I've had Subaru assistance out 3 times with 2 further visits to the dealers all in the space of a week and a half, because of Alarm / Immobiliser problem and as you say they have NO specific knowlage of Subaru's, (may as well get my dog to look at it really)

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=452282

Dave
Old 30 August 2005, 01:41 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zappa
Do you all know your 4 digit override code for your immobiliser off by heart? I went on holiday and came back to a flat battery. Called Subaru Assistance (SA) and was sent a mechanic with no specific Subaru knowledge. When the alarm sounded on boosting my dead battery, he called SA to be told that if you keep trying the key it will eventually override the alarm and immobiliser...bo**ox! Got another call out and was transported home, dug out number and hey presto it started but...the key fob no longer activates the locks / alarm / immobiliser

Is this right? How do I reset the fob?

btw although the technical knowledge was poor the SA response time was excellent especially for 4 am on a Sunday.

Guidance always greatly appreciated...
I always reset code to PIN I remember, then abck to the factory provided code when i sell it.
Old 30 August 2005, 02:19 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

i have no idea what my pin is?

how can i find out?
Old 30 August 2005, 02:28 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can ring subaru, (if it hasnt been changed by a previous owner). But u can override the code with a new one without knowing the existing pin to.

Courtesy of Sigma Sam;

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can re-set the 4-digit PIN to one of your own choosing yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where abcd is your current PIN code and wxyz your new PIN code)
- You should now be able to arm and disarm the system using the new PIN code

Instructions on doing this can be found in the security systems Operating Instructions. If you do not have these, a link to a copy can be found in the post at::
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subar...opic.php?t=2476

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.
Old 30 August 2005, 03:52 PM
zappa
Scooby Regular

All good stuff, thanks but... any ideas why my original key fob doesn't work even though the manual override was achieved with the original code, Captain?
Old 30 August 2005, 04:34 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

/me shrugs Flat keyfob battery?
Old 30 August 2005, 04:50 PM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

its an MY04
Old 30 August 2005, 09:32 PM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

A flat battery or a jump start should not require your Radio Keys to be re-programmed. The encrypted codes of the Radio Keys (as all other system settings) are held within a non-volitile memory in the alarm ECU - this memory does not require a power supply.

Other than actively programming the Radio Keys out of a system, using a programmer or keypad (see note in programming info below). a Radio Key would need to be pressed many hundreds of times, out of range of the system, for the key to get "out of sync" in such a way.

Could this perhaps have been a case of "Radio Lock-Out" once the vehicle battery had been boosted? This is possible on pre-2001 models, particularly at airports etc, but this is another story that has been covered in some detail before!

Re-setting your PIN -
As bioforger has posted above, you can change this to a more memorable number at any time using the keypad.

Re-programming Radio Keys -
Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can program Radio Keys into your alarm system yourself, using the keypad, at any time.
Note: All Radio keys required to operate the system must be present during this procedure otherwise will no-longer operate the system - this allows lost or stolen Radio Keys to be "programmed out".

- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key or PIN.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad *17856*91*n# (where n is the total number of Radio Keys required to operate the system)
- Briefly press the button on a Radio Key to be programmed to the system (the siren will bleep/dashboard LED will flash once)
- Briefly press the button of the next Radio Key to be programmed.
- Repeat the above for all (n) Radio Keys (the siren should bleep twice when the last Radio Key has been taught - maximum 4 Radio Keys)
- You should now be able to disarm the system using all the programmed Radio Keys (any Radio keys not present/pressed during the procedure will no longer operate the system)

Hope this is of some help.
SS
Old 30 August 2005, 10:26 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

or theres also the code where you don't need the original pin no. but better not post that one up!
makes you wonder though that with so many ways to recode the system is it really that safe?
Old 31 August 2005, 12:50 AM
Sigma Sam
BANNED

With regard the information posted, none is of a security sensitive nature. The system's PIN and Radio Keys can only be changed/programmed within 30 seconds of disarming a system - this ensures that the programmer already holds the existing PIN or a valid Radio Key.

Rest assured I will not disclose any specific information relating to programming or immobilisation wiring details that could compromise security on this site, or even in PM's.
SS
Old 31 August 2005, 02:41 PM
zappa
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys, you make me feel warm and glowy inside..it is an MY05 btw...
Old 04 September 2005, 10:59 AM
kgt
Scooby Regular

First experience of Scooby Assist will be in about 20 mins as he arrives to my dead as a door nail Impreza

will keep you posted.
Old 04 September 2005, 11:05 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Always look at a sellers feedback first and look at what he or she has sold in the past,he or she may have bought and sold loads of small value items(1p) to get a good feedback rating and then go for the kill with a big priced item rip off.. And dont forget the golden rule Ebay is only a method of putting buyers and sellers together and you should treat every transaction as though you are at a car boot sale here today gone tomorow powerman
Old 04 September 2005, 12:03 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=bioforger]
If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code
QUOTE]

Excellent work Watson, (Sherlock Homes), I wasn't given the PIN when I bought my WRX because the private seller didn't know it.

I'll give it a go after I've "soaped her up and washed her down".
Old 04 September 2005, 12:15 PM
kgt
Scooby Regular

I realise I'm knew to Scoobs, but I realised this morning that Ive never actually had a car that wouldnt start, so I was v surprised / disappointed when mine turned out to be dead as.....this morning.
And as I'm new and naive I was actually expecting a guy in Subaru overalls in a Subaru truck wearing a Subaru bb cap with specific knowledge of Subarus - I thought thats why it was called SUBARU assistance.
Actually the guy who came out works at a local garage and has specific knowledge of Sierra Cossies and Westfields. Lucky for me his best mate is a Scooby nut and was on the other end of the mobile.
To be fair he got it sorted no time and gave me some paperwork to take into my local stealership.
So I guess I can say I was impressed that he got out to me in 25 mins and that he fixed the car for me, which Ive just booted around for 30 mins (with the side lights on!!!! as instructed by the learned) but he was not what I expected.
Still not convinced that the answer to a problem on a £20k+++ car is to drive round with the lights on, but as I know bugger all about them, I'll take you words for it.
Lets see if we get off the line tomorrow first time of asking.
Old 04 September 2005, 12:40 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

Why drive around with the lights on? I must've missed that conversation......
Old 04 September 2005, 12:51 PM
kgt
Scooby Regular

Check out a few of the other posts on the subject of battery problems and this is quoted many times. Something to do with the "smart" alternator not charging the battery unless you are using things like lights, which I guess I havent done recently, light nights etc. Dont quote me on this, like I said I know FA about things like this. Check out a few of the other threads. I searched for "battery problems" when the motor didnt spring into life this morning.