Sponsored by:

Subaru Assistance, where are you ?

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2001, 12:12 AM
Phantom_Flan_Flinger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I drive a MY98, but my assistance card has the 0800 777127 on it.

What number were you using Tony?
Old 23 April 2001, 12:39 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Question

PS - Tony - have you moved house since you bought the car????
Old 23 April 2001, 10:21 AM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Got a problem with my MY98 at the moment, and need Subaru Assistance to come out, have a look, and transport it to the dealership (who close down at the end of this week by the way !)

Phoned the number for Subaru Assistance and was advised that that they don't look after Subarus anymore, and I should contact the RAC. Phoned the RAC who advised they don't cover Subarus anymore either (!) and that I should contact Green Flag (!). Phoned Green Flag and (surprise, surprise) they've never heard of me, my car, my address, or have any knowledge of covering Subaru Assistance.

I have eventually got it sorted under my own insurance, but I am less than pleased at the passing around from pillar to post. It is now obvious to me why Subaru figured so badly in the JD Power survey.

The worst bit is that Subary (UK) or Mondial Assistance have never bothered to even inform me of the change in cover - no letters, no phone calls, nothing.

I intend writing a stern letter to IM, has anyone got the address and a name to send it to ? I want to complain about the lack of info concerning the change in Subaru Assistance cover, not to mention the complete lack of local dealers.

Cheers,

Tony
Old 23 April 2001, 10:37 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

You mean I'm carrying this card in my wallet for nothing?

Thanks for the info.
Please advise as and when you reach an outcome..

Rich
Old 23 April 2001, 10:43 AM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

I've got the address of IMG Subaru UK head office at home.........will post it later if no one else does before me.
Good luck,

Gastro
Old 23 April 2001, 11:39 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Well thats just bl00dy great!!

So? this card I have is of no use whatsoever?

I am starting to believe that rumour that Subaru are pulling out of the UK market now!! IM/Subaru UK seem to have flushed themselves down the toilet????????

HELP

Pete
Old 23 April 2001, 11:46 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

For what it is worth
I have just called Subaru UK on 0121 522 2000
Spoke with the Subaru Assistance dept. They assure me that it is still up and running as Subaru Assistance as before.

They seemed puzzled when i asked the question.

Paul
Old 23 April 2001, 11:49 AM
simon_prickett
Scooby Regular

Wierd, I used them at Christmas, and they sorted me out immediately, very nice people on the phone, local garage came out and sorted it, dealer fixed the problem next visit, and I got a customer survey in the post afterwards.

Hope I don't need to use them again though!

In case it's of interest, the car wouldn't start, temp cure was to floor the accelerator when starting, dealer cure as diagnosed by the man who came out was throttle position sensor.

Simon.
Old 23 April 2001, 11:57 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Ok, before this possibly gets out of hand.......the current numbers for Subaru Assistance are 0800 777127 or 020 8666 9229. This is what is on my Subaru Assistance card for a MY00 bought in July last year.

I just telephoned the numbers and was met with an automated message menu system which I did not go through but it started with the words "this is Subaru Assistance" so it is possibly safe to assume it is the correct number.

I suspect that the Scheme has changed since the MY98 info was given out and the numbers are out of date for old cards......
Old 23 April 2001, 01:01 PM
SeanG
Scooby Regular

Question

Tony,

If your MY98 is over 36 months old the Subaru Assistance will have expired. Maybe this is the problem?

Sean
Old 23 April 2001, 01:07 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Angry

At least you lot got a card. I've been trying to get them to send me mine ever since I bought the car (last March). I've since given up trying and joined the AA instead. Considering I've had this much trouble just getting the membership info from them, I don't think I'd like to trust them in a real emergency situation.
Old 23 April 2001, 02:03 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Subaru (UK) Ltd.,
Ryder Street,
West Bromwich,
West Midlands,
B70 OEJ

Hope you get it sorted.

Gastro
Old 23 April 2001, 05:12 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for all the responses guys, I'm sorted now. My car is still under warranty, runs out in July.

I've been ringing the same number the rest of you have got, but apparently that only covers you if you break down away from home. If you need 'Home start', the call used to get passed to the RAC to deal - this has now passed on to Green Flag.

I think this has only happened recently because Green Flag had no record of me, my car, or the Subaru Assistance service. I still think all customers should have been notified in the change of provision of cover - I had to get it sorted under my own insurance.

I put the car on a low-loader, and got it shipped to the dealer, Intermoto. They were fantastic, and attempted to get me a courtesy car through Subaru Assistance if the car would be in for a while. Luckily, they found a power steering pipe had come off a joint somewhere and all the fluid had leaked out. They replaced it, refilled it, and washed the engine bay FOR FREE !!!

My issue is not with the dealership, who have always been excellent, but with IM about the change in Subaru Assistance cover which has led to much confusion.

Here endeth the lesson !

T
Old 23 April 2001, 05:46 PM
DeerHunter
Scooby Regular

Tony, have you been give details on change of warranty from intermoto, i have heard Jaguar house?? Is this right,only had the scoob 1 mth. You may see me flying round Crosby, Maghull & L.Pool

If i have just bought the car do i need to ring subaru assistance if i changed the reg, although it is a 97 i was told i had another years cover by the dealer?? - any clues?

Regards
Old 23 April 2001, 10:23 PM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

I have had a letter from Intermoto saying they're closing, and that the staff are moving to Jaguar House down by the docks.

If the car's a 97, I would assume the warranty is from Intermoto and not from Subaru (UK), in which case you should check that it will still be honoured. I suppose its possible the car has additional warranty from Subaru (UK), you could check this by phoning Subaru Assistance to see if its still on their records. If you've changed the reg, you should notify them (if its still covered) so they can keep their records up to date.

I would like to clarify my earlier post about what Subaru Assistance actually covers, as I understand it......

If you break down away from home, the car is covered by Subaru Assistance (Mondial I think) in the normal way. If the car breaks down at home, you still phone the same number, but they will now transfer you to Green Flag for their Home recovery service.

Assuming Green Flag have your records (ahem!).

In theory.

Anyone care to try it out and report back ?

[This message has been edited by TonyNesta (edited 23 April 2001).]