Sponsored by:

Had a run in with the Police this morning

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2005, 06:03 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a run in with the Police this morning

Was driving along minding my own buisness this morning going round a roundabout when a silver unmarked Skoda Octavia cuts me up, I am heading up the same sliproad as him anyway when another Silver Octavia cuts me up again pulling out in fronto of me, I say F this and blast past it and go to pass the other one as he was driving like a complete and utter tit (the copper as im just about to find out!) still accelerating quite hard and am getting toward 85 when he pulls out and straddles both lanes and sticks his little police light things on.
We pull over but cant get into the layby becaus the woman in front of him was thinking he was signaling to her...lol so were both parked on the inside lane of a 70mph dual carriageway!!!
I can see him jumping about in his car trying to get me to go in front of him but I stay put so he gets out his car and shouts (and I quote) "Your a F***ing arsehole", runs round to the woman to tell he she can go and strides over to my car so i winde down the passenger window so he can speak to me, but he throws open the door of my NEW CAR and shouts "next time I'll have your F***ing licence now bugger off" then he slammes my door closed as hard as he can!!!!!!!!!!! and gets back into his car, the **** then gets off at the next junction.

I almost blew a fuse, just as well he did not have me in the back of the car or I would have read the riot act with him so when I got home I went round to my local Police Station and spoke to the inspector to complain about this guys attitude. The Inspector at the Renfrew station was appauled at the way I was treated (I even told him what speeds I was doing) and if it were one of his officers he would be having a stern word with them, he could not appologise enough.
Half an hor after leaving the Police station I receive a phone call from the Inspector telling me that he has been in contact with the Inspector down in Ayr and he was pretty sure he knew who I was talking about but was very supprised with my statement but would be having a word with the orrafice in question when he gets off shift and would contact me to let me know what happens.

So if a copper gives you lip report the Bas***d!!!!!

Graeme
Old 11 July 2005, 06:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure he will get a right telling off!!

I can just see it now, "Yes, I stopped a Subaru Sir - he was driving recklessly and I wanted to fire a broadside to get him to behave sensibly .... I let him off, actually!"

"OK Officer, this is the telephone number of the complaintent, this is his Reg.no. feel free to pull him over any chance you get!"

You're in for a rough old few months now!! Ha Ha Ha Ha!!

Pete
Old 11 July 2005, 06:42 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

ive complained twice about orrificers in my time

got me nowhere

one ******* gave me 3 points
he was going up a steep 30mph hill and i was following him, he was in a fiesta with no speed equpiment, he just decieded i was speeding from his mirrors

when we got to the top of this hill (was very very steep)
he was swearing all over the place and being a total dick, if he had no badge in would have stamped on his fukcing head.

complained about him and was assured that the orrificer was very, very sorry, speeding ticket would have to be contested in court, well there was no feckin chance i was going to do that so i just had to bite my tounge and get on with it

if i was speeding it was maybe 5 mph max, but to be honest i dont known weather or not i was.

i was pulled over regulary for "routine checks" for months afterwards
would put money on this tosser having his mates giveing me grief on the sly
Old 11 July 2005, 06:43 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

lol i posted that without reading petes, scarey coincidences in the story
Old 11 July 2005, 07:40 PM
smithy81
Scooby Newbie

If they give you bother, you're legally allowed to stop them and ask for their name and badge number ...makes it all the more humilating for them

If I ever get pulled over in future, I'll quickly try and stick my phone camera on, perch it somewhere pointing towards the drivers window and keep it rolling. You don't legally have to get out of your vehicle!
Old 11 July 2005, 07:54 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Im sure one policeman in a car with no cameras cant do you for speeding

I was driving home from a club at about half past four in the morning when i got pulled up, the copper said i was doing 80mph in a 50mph zone, i said prove it with no cameras and he called me the c word and said if he ever saw me again he would find something to do me for, i complained to the local cop shop but never heard anything
Old 11 July 2005, 08:39 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

good job for you standing up to them!!

It would probably be useful to use the voice recording facility on your phone for this kind of thing, not while driving of course
Old 12 July 2005, 12:40 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

unfortunatly a single copper on his own in a car can get you convicted of speeding as the old myth that there needs to be two coppers to verify the speed is just that..... a myth...the single copper can state that his speedo reading indicated you were exceeding the limit and he was there to verify that fact,does not need another person to back him up and the law will take his word for it over yours every time,magistrates believe they would never tell any porkies and the police speedos are regulary calibrated so its heavily weighed in their favour not yours..... best policy i have always found is to eat humble pie,take all the scarcastic remarks offf him and hope hes in a good mood/just about to go off shift,and a talking to is given instead of a ticket......
Old 12 July 2005, 01:05 PM
st3ph3n
Scooby Regular

I believe the single copper only stands up south of the border. In Scotland I believe it is still 2 policemen that are required to verify you were speeding.
Old 12 July 2005, 01:21 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Have you considered reporting the incident as road rage and assault? If you had of behaved in that way towards someone then you would almost certainly be cautioned for at least road rage and, possibly, assault. Once you report it as a crime, and get a crime number, then that might put a little bit more pressure on the person involved.
Old 12 July 2005, 01:49 PM
Emzy
Scooby Regular

I would never give in to a copper who was on his own...hes got no one to back him up so for all you know hes probably bu!!sh!tin!
If they do catch you speedin then they have to prove it..they have to have a gun..so the first thing you do is ask the officer for a callibration report...as the guns have to be callibrated every morning...if he hasnt got one and cant show it to ya then he cant prove that you were speedin because his gun was not callibrated and in theory not accurate!
Old 12 July 2005, 02:20 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Personally if someone is driving like a complete tit anywhere near me I try not to let it wind me up and also back off and let them disappear into the distance. The further away I am from an accident waitng to happen the better! The only exception to this is if I have a very clear stretch of road or empty motorway to leave them in the distance and then only after holding back for a while so I have a better idea as to there next move, e.g. are they drunk / swerving about, is it an undercover cop car, etc.. Then drop a gear and blast by

Works well on busy motorways if you get some tit stuck to your bumper in the outside lane, pull over, then drop back in behind them and follow at a sensible distance, letting them risk their license to clear a path through the traffic in front
Old 12 July 2005, 03:51 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

In the last 8 years of driving, i have admittedly drove like a **** in my younger days of driving. Leading to being pulled probably hundreds of times. Not prosecuted once, why? As mentioned earlier eat humble pie, say "sorry" although you may not think they believe you, it works.

Was very unlucky once and got pulled, at a tax check stop after just picking up new car, unfortunatly had not insured it as was selling it that eve . recieved points for no insurance.

Have been caught speeding a few times by speed guns, and yes if you look sorry enough you can walk/drive away with a warning.

Whatever people say about police, the majority are actually human (but not all ) and humans react well to nice people.

my 2p

Cookie
Old 12 July 2005, 04:11 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz
Personally if someone is driving like a complete tit anywhere near me I try not to let it wind me up and also back off and let them disappear into the distance. The further away I am from an accident waitng to happen the better! The only exception to this is if I have a very clear stretch of road or empty motorway to leave them in the distance and then only after holding back for a while so I have a better idea as to there next move, e.g. are they drunk / swerving about, is it an undercover cop car, etc.. Then drop a gear and blast by

Works well on busy motorways if you get some tit stuck to your bumper in the outside lane, pull over, then drop back in behind them and follow at a sensible distance, letting them risk their license to clear a path through the traffic in front
Fully agree with your comments. I have nothing to prove out on the road, and those that think they do then I am happy to let them get past and out of the way. Much easier to watch someone from behind than have then sitting on your bumper.
Old 28 April 2006, 05:07 PM
ScoobyDawg
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up BETTER THINGS TO DO

Hi all

I am a little shocked by the incident you've discribed and as a tax payer you have the right to complain. I would also expect you and your car to be marked, for future unwarranted stops.

Like most people who drive with insurance, taxed and mot test, I feel the Police service single out performance cars drivers. Thier time would be better spent reducing real car crime such as theft & joy riding, ringing, no insurance, etc. Just remember to report all attempts of breakings and theft from your properties and cars to the Police, as an increase in statistics will ensure that the Chief Constable directs Police resources to those areas.

Did anyone watch the under cover Police program last night about the Leicester Bobbies, I hear it was a bit naughty. Heads are to role, ah theres a suprise.

In general I have appreciation for the Police service, however, theres always one or two in all walks of life.

Happy driving

Da Dawg
Old 28 April 2006, 05:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDawg
Hi all

Did anyone watch the under cover Police program last night about the Leicester Bobbies, I hear it was a bit naughty. Heads are to role, ah theres a suprise.

Happy driving

Da Dawg
Yes, discussed here
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=511341