Sponsored by:

Anyone sold their Scooby on here recently

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2005, 10:21 PM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone sold their Scooby on here recently

I notice that there are quite a few unsold Scoobs in the for Sale forum. Many of them have been for sale for many weeks (including mine). Has anyone actually sold (not part exchanged) their Scooby in the last 3 months?
Old 14 June 2005, 10:58 PM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

No luck selling mine either - looks like it's Autotrader now
Old 14 June 2005, 11:19 PM
Scratch
Scooby Senior

Didn't manage to sell mine (MY98 PPP Wagon in DGM) through here earlier in the year either. Only got 2 enquiries even, and 1 person who actually came and had a look.

As for recently, no, not sold, but bought one....
Old 14 June 2005, 11:20 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its very quiet isn't it??

I've seen cars for sale for 6 months now ....... still unsold

Pete

ps. most of them are modified, or have been, and no-one wants a foooked about car do they?? Whether we like it, or not, we all crave that 1 Owner STANDARD car to do what WE want to do with it!!
Old 14 June 2005, 11:42 PM
scoobnoob05
Scooby Regular

Its not just scoobs tho

i've had my bog standard 2001 VW golf 1.6, one owner from new, 32000miles, full vw service history, lotsa extras (reversing sensors,cruise control, multifunction steering wheel etc) for sale for more than 4 months in autotrader and the like and the best ....(if it can be called that) offer i've had is 5 grand

i'd rather report it stolen and write it off myself than sell it for that!!!!!

the car manufacturers have made an niche market for themselves.........buy a car from us and it'll be worth so little in 2/3 years time that we are the only people that will offer you reasonable (reads 'stitch up') trade in for...guess what ....another depreciating piece of carp!!!!!

Guess who wins again

My bro has just 'given back' his 1.4 clio... 53 plate with 11000miles to renault for £4500 (not even enough to cover the finance left on it...but they will put it on his next car) !!!!!!!!!!!! HEY HO

At least he's getting a 182 and i wont have to wait so much for him to keep up with the Scoob

Legal Robbery!!!

J

Originally Posted by pslewis
Its very quiet isn't it??

I've seen cars for sale for 6 months now ....... still unsold

Pete

ps. most of them are modified, or have been, and no-one wants a foooked about car do they?? Whether we like it, or not, we all crave that 1 Owner STANDARD car to do what WE want to do with it!!
Old 15 June 2005, 12:04 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Smile

sold my minto p1 with some nice mods to my bro for £15,500
Old 15 June 2005, 04:46 AM
VAL113R
Scooby Regular

do you not think though, that the majority of people on here already own a subaru, hence why they are a member of this fourm ?
Old 15 June 2005, 07:59 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

My old scooby took 4 weeks to sell and eventually went to someone through SIDC; you could try advertising there if you haven't already.

Pete has a point, though - mods are a pretty individual thing, and there are a lot of cars for sale that I wouldn't buy, at least not without insisting they were returned to standard first. Fortunately for me, my car was indeed an immaculate 1 owner classic fitted with a few non-controversial upgrades from the Prodrive catalogue.

I'm not saying that's your problem, but it might be worth at least offering to return the car to standard - maybe not everyone's insurance company is as understanding as yours?
Old 15 June 2005, 08:27 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

My first scoob,i advertised on here for months...not one offer.., put it in the autotrader,and 1st person who came bought it for full money!!!My second scoob,went to the 1st man who looked of Scoobynet,but that was OCT last year.Got £5500 for nicely modded 93 WRX.
Old 15 June 2005, 08:42 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Sold mine in 3 days on this forum at the end of February.

Unmolested, 1 owner, 30k miles, WRX 03 wagon. Under 13k. Be realistic with the price and you'll find a buyer. I was being offered 10k trade, so I was happy to get what I got.
Old 15 June 2005, 08:45 AM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

My STi has been for sale for 10 weeks on here and SIDC and also for sale in Autotrader, with only one enquiry. No one has been to see it! It is modded but this has been professionally done (Ecutek remap by Bob Rawle and suspension by PowerStation).

About a year ago I sold my girlfriends modded Turbo through Autotrader in 2 weeks. Only had one enquiry though, who luckily for us bought it.

Alan
Old 15 June 2005, 10:54 AM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Have just sold mine, although sale was agreed 4 weeks ago. I had to drop my price by a grand.
People just arent snapping scoobies up like they did a year ago, and a lot do not like buying private. Unless its something special or in VERY good nick and LOW miles, you rarely get a second glance unless its cheap. And if looks too cheap people will ask why so cheap, so you cant win.
Old 15 June 2005, 11:01 AM
RLE
Scooby Regular

had mine on here for a month with some enquiries. Put it in Autotrader and it was gone within two weeks. Still getting calls about it now which is starting to get on my nerves.

It was modified but was lucky to find a buyer who knew what the mods were and wanted to save further expense by buying standard and going down the same route.

Got a decent price as well.
Old 15 June 2005, 11:44 AM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

I hate selling cars - the whole process is such a pain in the ****. I have to say though i often wonder why i bother looking after a car, as you always end up giving it away.

I was lucky with a Range Rover 2.5 DHSE i recently sold. It was perfect, old shape 51 reg 37000 miles FLRSH every extra inc sat nav / wood package / tints in blue with beige leather. 3 years old and i wanted £20000 for it - and nobody wanted it So i went on autotrader with £21995 and a bloke came to view it, loved it and left a deposit. He wanted to wait for the log book [just transfered the no. plate] so he could put his on plate on it. So i agreed and waited for the log book which took about a week from when he agreed the sale @ £21250 btw. So i called him to let him know the log book had arrived, but it sounded like he was driving, and he aasked to call me back. I waited all day and called him that evening, then the following day and the day after that - nothing !?!?

So i re-advertised the car on trader again - and as i recieved an e-mail saying your advert is now live the phone went. Some bloke on the other end of the phone saying he wanted to view it today - when i asked - in an hour he said.....

Within 2 hours i had £21000 in my account !!!!!!

Happy days

I had no problems selling my E30 M3 and E30 325, both for strong money - however i couldn't sell my T5, Saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 16v, Omega 2.5 TD Elite estate etc etc.

My advise is hold out for the money, or bite the bullet and take a massive dipper without thinking about it...............

Or keep it until it breaks beyond economical repair ????

PCP does seem an attractive proposition from time to time though !
Old 15 June 2005, 11:48 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Had my old wagon on here for 8 weeks, a few Pm's but no views. Put it in Auto trader the following week, as soon as it went to print I had 3 genuine calls, to which the 1st viewer bought it - for the money I wanted.

It was standard and low miles, but also a dreaded import
Old 15 June 2005, 01:13 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

Like Nick, I sold mine on here within 3 days, again an unmolested one owner car in fantastic condition. I've always thought that taking care of a car doesn't always guarantee a premium when you come to sell, but it sure does make it easier.

Allan