Sponsored by:

A word of warning...

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2000, 02:18 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

..if you are in West London. On my way to Heathrow yesterday morning (5:45 AM) - got pulled by an unmarked police Astra (W reg, Dark Red). Wanted a word because of my speed on the dual carrigeway (ahem.... ). Knew I wasn't in serious trouble, because he was on his own, no calibration equipment or video etc, but he did warn me that there have been a number of thefts of Impreza's in and around West London.

They are keeping a look out for the Turbo's (especially if they are being driven at unusal times) - so if your're in the area or live there, keep an eye out.

Cheers

Chris

PS - Hello to the two young ladies in the blue S reg Turbo, who waved and smiled at the traffic lights in West Ewell - made a cr*ppy day much better
Old 09 September 2000, 04:31 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Wink

....why didnt you pull the young ladies over, get some phone numbers and take this whole scooby thing to the next level ...possibly a horizontal level?!
Old 09 September 2000, 05:51 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Smile

Knew I could trust you to lower the tone Sunil....

If it wasn't for the fact that my day had started at 5:00 AM and finished at 10:00 PM I might have been more alert...

Chris
Old 10 September 2000, 09:29 AM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Cool

......could have finished a lot later had you got the digits my man
Old 10 September 2000, 08:05 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Old 10 September 2000, 09:26 PM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Yes, I've been getting a lot more attention recently from police.
Had a traffic unit behind me all the way back from my mate's house a few weeks ago. This is about 6 miles with lots of turns. He was also driving too close and for a marked up traffic car then that is a very bad example to be setting. I turned in to the bottom of my road with him right up my **** and proceeded to drive at 20mph, I turned in to my drive and sat in the car. They both had a good look and then drove by.
Well thanks for seeing me home boys! Maybe I will return the favour and needlessly follow you all over the place one evening.
If I had done something stupid then I don't mind being stopped and pointed out on what I did wrong, but if I had stolen the car and got a tail then I would have just booted it straight away - no point in hanging around?!
What were they thinking?

Q
Old 10 September 2000, 09:42 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

The bar stewards!
Old 10 September 2000, 09:54 PM
Tim
Scooby Regular

It must have something to do with that breakout from the court in Slough.

I was followed by a local area car just the other night, from my door all the way to my local chinese (I was on my way to get a takeaway and return home, honestly officer). I saw them following so took them for a nice drive around all the houses and back doubles I could think of, when I pulled up at the chinese they just gave me a stare and drove off. Have they nothing better to do... just pull me over dispense with the paranoia and let me get my food in peace!

Old 11 September 2000, 08:12 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Angry

I think Fullonloon has a point here. The guy who eventually stopped me had to floor it to first catch up , cut up another motorist and go through a set of traffic lights on red.

I'd been watching this guy in my rear view mirror thinking he was somekind of a*sehole out for a morning burnup. When he was level with me doing his nut with his horn, my first reaction was to think this was some kind of road rage incident.

I know these guys do a difficult job etc, but their driving style can at times be construed as intimidatory. What if I had refused to stop on the grounds that I thought he was just an agressive driver? I suspect I would be sitting here ranting about having 3 (or more) points on my licence.

Chris
Old 11 September 2000, 01:08 PM
MorayMackenzie
Scooby Senior

Cool

Fullonloon,

I've been followed around several turns by a local panda car in Bristol, 2 WPC's on board, 2am, very sparse traffic... I proved they were following me by making one safe change of lane, having led them into another lane first. ( ) When they switched lane to follow me I led them to the first place I could safely pull over and not be ticketed for a parking offence... by the time they had pulled into the side road I was practically out of the car.

I went over to the drivers side of the car and asked, politely, why they were following me... Apparently, it is suspicious to change lane in front of a police car! I was given a producer for my troubles. They didn't like being asked to justify what they were doing. I made sure I took their collar numbers and station ID so I could raise a complaint... they didn't like that at all.

To add insult to injury, the driver then backed the panda car out of the sideroad into a main road rather than turning around in the sideroad... very good example of driving, I don't think. Maybe the highway code doesn't apply to lazy panda car drivers?

If it was a stolen car, why would I have pulled over and approached them on foot?

I know that it's only a few police-persons
that behave in this way, but, as these are generally the only ones you actually meet, it doesn't do the forces image any good at all.

Moray
Old 11 September 2000, 04:07 PM
Fullonloon
Scooby Regular

This was in the evening (11.30) and I was concentrating as so I wouldn't do something wrong - but the more you concentrate on not mucking up the more likely you are to make an error. I wrote that last night and this morning I was going a bit quick down a country lane (60mph limit) I was acclerating coming out of a slightly tight corner and it kicked out slightly right infront of a police car coming the other way. He braked and and turned into the gravel area on the opposite side of the road doing a quick u-turn. I thought great just my luck and weighed the situation up - so I just kept my foot down not exceeding 60mph but not going slow either. To cut a short story even shorter after a couple of miles of twisties I think they gave up as I got stuck in a traffic jam with cars trying to turn in to a petrol station. He never caught up so either it was just coincidence that they turned round or they gave up

Old 11 September 2000, 10:58 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Angry

GODDAMN THOSE CHEEKY MONKEYS!!