Sponsored by:

cardata

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2005, 11:21 PM
PhilA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry cardata

Some of you may have heard about "cardata". They put buyers and sellers together using an online database, for a fee of course!

I advertised my car on the autotrader last week. The next day I got a phone call from them offering their services. They are VERY pushing but I said I wasn't interested. I then had 11 phone calls from them over the next 3 days, all unanswered except the last one. They kept ringing me every few hours, from similar phone numbers (only last 3 digits changed). They then started ringing from WITHHELD numbers. I then told then I do not want to do anything for 2 weeks till my autotrader ad was finished. 2 days later and yet more phone calls, 6 in one day!

I answered their call today and had a very heated argument with the same person I have spoken to previously. What a bunch of *****.

Just thought I would let you know. If you are in this situation be VERY VERY blunt with them, do not let them ramble on and on. Tell them you want your phone number removed from the database NOW and you do not wish to be contacted in the future.

Rant over.
Old 01 March 2005, 11:24 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

to$$ers - who actually works for them, and can live with themselves (Idea for new Horlicks advert!)
Old 01 March 2005, 11:27 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

I normally state in my adverts
no cardata muppets
Then if they call up I don't even bother arguing because it's a total waste of time because they don't listen so I just put the phone down!

They really are a bunch of w4nkers How they are still going is beyond me Surely the world can't have that many muppets to keep them in business
Old 02 March 2005, 12:16 AM
scoobimax
Scooby Regular

They were very abusive back to me when i asked them to come and have a look at the car before they put an offer to buy it!

Not very professional. Bunch of w**kers.

Max

Last edited by scoobimax; 02 March 2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02 March 2005, 08:31 AM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They rob you - NEVER use these canvassers !!!
Old 02 March 2005, 08:40 AM
livinindevon
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by DanTheMan
They rob you - NEVER use these canvassers !!!
I agree.

Even if you put NC on your advert, thye still rang you.

On one car i sold they kept ringing me so i asked to speak to the supervisor. I then told them that i was a lawyer and that i will sue the supervisor personnally for harassment. They stopped ringing after that.

With anyone ringing cold calling, if i amswer and thye do their speel. i put the phone next to the tele and put the volume up or ask them to hold on as someone is at the door and then just leave the phone. They soon realise they are wasting their time.
Try the lawyer speel and they will stop calling.

Regards.
Old 02 March 2005, 09:48 AM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

I think I actually used this lot many years ago! Very helpful, professional and quick they were too. I paid something like £65 for 3 months of advertising with them and all I had to do was ring them in 3 months, if the car hadn't sold and they would push it for another 3 months free! Fantastic deal.

Oh yes, I remember what happened next. Never heard another word from them, no prospective buyers and then I realised they don't actually advertise your car anywhere, so you're not likely to get any buyers! Complete scam, but unfortunately a legal one and some very stupid idiots actually go for it.

Still I'll live and learn!