Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please read (didt know where to put this)

Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2005, 08:14 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please read (didt know where to put this)

please read attached
The time has come to stand and be counted. Enough is enough!

I’m guessing that there are many people who are getting kinda fed up with the ridiculous amounts of gatso’s kicking about and laser vans etc. etc. etc who are operating under the veil of being for safety when actually they are there to generate revenue – pure and simple.

It’s seems that the humble motorist weather it be someone who has a performance car – or classic car, or just a bog standard car is being penalised due to the over zealous speed enforcement that occurs in this country.

We all enjoy driving and we are being taxed to pieces do to petrol tax, road tax and now the speeding tax. So I propose we protest about it. Cause a bit of a commotion. Get noticed. Prove a point. Kick Off!

Basically the argument is that the speed camera is now not being used as a safety, life saving device – but a revenue device for the government – instead of being used in areas where these installations (weather fixed of mobile) would reduce accidents – they are being more commonly used in areas where it’s dead easy to catch someone slightly straying over an unrealistically low speed limit . It’s not ok any more – d

riving used to be a pleasurable experience – now it’s ruined due to having to spend each and every moment checking you speedometer.

I’m proposing that on the 1st August we do something.

Namely a mass protest by narked motorists who are prepared to get on the road to make a stand AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Starting at Carlisle in the early hours as many of us as possible will drive down through the country – on mass – without breaking a single speed limit – or any law. But our route (which will be decided nearer the time – for obvious reasons) will cause a great deal of congestion and disruption – but hopefully we will be backed by the majority of the motoring public, who too feel aggrieved by how the roads are now policed.

I know there are many arguments about road safety and correct driving – I’m not proposing we should protest about any reasonable law – but a law that is broken by so many, so often, is surly a law that should be changed.

If you know of other people in other car clubs, or know of other car club forums where it would be a good idea to post a link to our revolution get on there and do it.

Let me know where else this is being posted so I can get stuck in and get this co-ordinated.

NOW IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!!!!

email me john@themusiccellar.fsnet.co.uk

and I'll count you in and put you on a list so that you get all the developments!

Thanks folks,
Old 24 February 2005, 08:19 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

this is gonna work...
Originally Posted by gotmashed
please read attached
The time has come to stand and be counted. Enough is enough!

I’m guessing that there are many people who are getting kinda fed up with the ridiculous amounts of gatso’s kicking about and laser vans etc. etc. etc who are operating under the veil of being for safety when actually they are there to generate revenue – pure and simple.

It’s seems that the humble motorist weather it be someone who has a performance car – or classic car, or just a bog standard car is being penalised due to the over zealous speed enforcement that occurs in this country.

We all enjoy driving and we are being taxed to pieces do to petrol tax, road tax and now the speeding tax. So I propose we protest about it. Cause a bit of a commotion. Get noticed. Prove a point. Kick Off!

Basically the argument is that the speed camera is now not being used as a safety, life saving device – but a revenue device for the government – instead of being used in areas where these installations (weather fixed of mobile) would reduce accidents – they are being more commonly used in areas where it’s dead easy to catch someone slightly straying over an unrealistically low speed limit . It’s not ok any more – d

riving used to be a pleasurable experience – now it’s ruined due to having to spend each and every moment checking you speedometer.

I’m proposing that on the 1st August we do something.

Namely a mass protest by narked motorists who are prepared to get on the road to make a stand AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Starting at Carlisle in the early hours as many of us as possible will drive down through the country – on mass – without breaking a single speed limit – or any law. But our route (which will be decided nearer the time – for obvious reasons) will cause a great deal of congestion and disruption – but hopefully we will be backed by the majority of the motoring public, who too feel aggrieved by how the roads are now policed.

I know there are many arguments about road safety and correct driving – I’m not proposing we should protest about any reasonable law – but a law that is broken by so many, so often, is surly a law that should be changed.

If you know of other people in other car clubs, or know of other car club forums where it would be a good idea to post a link to our revolution get on there and do it.

Let me know where else this is being posted so I can get stuck in and get this co-ordinated.

NOW IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!!!!

email me john@themusiccellar.fsnet.co.uk

and I'll count you in and put you on a list so that you get all the developments!

Thanks folks,
Old 24 February 2005, 09:01 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Methinks I might join this. I wonder, in all seriousness, whether that nice Mr. Clarke will be able to define anyone who joins in as "an enemy of the State".
And put them under "house arrest".
Old 25 February 2005, 09:00 AM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by gotmashed
Namely a mass protest by narked motorists
There isn't an r in naked
Old 25 February 2005, 10:56 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Hmmm wonder how many times this is going to be posted over the next few weeks. I've seen it twice already

Shall I start taking bets?
Old 25 February 2005, 04:19 PM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

Is PSLewis on holiday????

It's unusual for him not to have an opinion on this sort of thread!!