Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2005, 05:21 PM
STI8PPP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie

Been visiting the forum for a while and just thought I'd send my first post saying hi having just bought a 53 STI with the PPP.
My last car was an evo VI (which I loved) but this feels so much better built yet has the same performance.
Anyway, top forum.

Keith
Old 10 February 2005, 05:29 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by STI8PPP
Been visiting the forum for a while and just thought I'd send my first post saying hi having just bought a 53 STI with the PPP.
My last car was an evo VI (which I loved) but this feels so much better built yet has the same performance.
Anyway, top forum.

Keith
Welcome aboard. Glad the Scooby is making you smile. Having owned an Evo, you won't be too surprised or bothered about the kick in the wallet -as well as the kidneys- every time you put your foot down a bit!

Enjoy the forum and Scooby ownership.
Old 10 February 2005, 05:39 PM
STI8PPP
Scooby Regular

True, but the evo was serviced every 4500 miles costing at least £260, so at 10,000 intervals with cheaper rates, this will feel like running a honda
Old 10 February 2005, 06:32 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome STI8PPP

I would be very interested in how you rate your scooby compared to your previous EVO.... especially as many EVO owners consider the VI to be the best ever made.

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 11 February 2005, 01:49 PM
alwong
Scooby Regular

Talking

Welcome mate!
Old 11 February 2005, 02:32 PM
STI8PPP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webmaster
Welcome STI8PPP

I would be very interested in how you rate your scooby compared to your previous EVO.... especially as many EVO owners consider the VI to be the best ever made.

Regards,
Shaun.
Hi Shaun,

I think this PPP STI 8 is better. In fact, for me it's way better, here's why:

It's just as quick (although in lower gears it feels quicker). The noise it makes. It feels alot more solid. The noise it makes. The ride is alot better. I'm no driving god so it handles just as good. The noise it makes. Fuel tank isn't the size of wine glass and I get better mpg. And did I mention the noise it makes?

I loved the evo but for me this is just better.

cheers

Keith
Old 11 February 2005, 03:22 PM
New_scooby_04

Hi Shaun,

It's just as quick (although in lower gears it feels quicker). The noise it makes. It feels alot more solid. The noise it makes. The ride is alot better. I'm no driving god so it handles just as good. The noise it makes. Fuel tank isn't the size of wine glass and I get better mpg. And did I mention the noise it makes?

cheers

Keith
LOL. I know exactly what you mean mate! The Flat four rumble is almost worth the admission alone. The fact that it happens to originate from an engine that happens be blooming quick is almost a bonus.

I have an MY99 (somewhat slower than yours) I also drove an Evo 6. As much as I giggled at the Evo's faintly daft acceleration, I just couldn't live with the ride quality and the lack of character. I had a go in the Scooby and was sold on the way it sounded alone. Ok, it's certainly not as quick as an Evo out of the box, but a decat and a Ecutek 3 map will largely rectify that. I'm also convinced that -for the kind of roads we have in the UK- the Scooby has far better resolved suspension to the extent that you find yourself backing off in the Evo for fear of leaving the road! Of course, the roles would be reversed in the track, but how much time could I spend there?

I'm not adding anything new to the debate, just iterating the reason for my personal choice. I still think the Evo 6 was great, so if anyone reading this has got one, please don't take offence. It's horses for courses afterall.
Old 11 February 2005, 07:24 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keith,

I have a feeling it was something to do with the noise it makes!!!

Of course you picked the better car Hope you enjoy your stay!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 11 February 2005, 07:26 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

welcome
I also love the noise
Old 11 February 2005, 07:35 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

Hi Shaun,

cheers

Keith
I did exactly the same thing I went from an Evo 6 to an STI8, but am going for the TEK3 remap with PPP Exhaust and pump (so it looks standard ....... until you put yer foot down