Sponsored by:

Need Some Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2004, 12:27 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Assistance

As mentioned elsewhere i am off on a mission to LeMans before selling my lovely Type R.

see here:- http://jamesbelbin8976.fotopic.net/

I would like to get some stuff to help with the journey, however two of the items i would like to buy i have always struggled with finding:-

Defi Gauges (standard range, white dials 52mm and control box)
NF Octane Boost.

As the trip is in two months, can anyone help with supplying the above within that time?

also would like a radar for the trip, anyone recommend a good one, not too expensive? Do they all work on the continent?

any advice people can offer, very mcu appreciated.

james
Old 13 April 2004, 12:36 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

oh and i also need to know someone who can make some letters and numbers for sale etc for the back window, does anyone on here do that?
Old 13 April 2004, 12:48 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

also would like a radar for the trip, anyone recommend a good one, not too expensive? Do they all work on the continent?
Be very careful with this as they are illegal in certain countries
Old 13 April 2004, 01:05 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
Be very careful with this as they are illegal in certain countries
thats why i thought i would post, isnt france one of them?
Old 13 April 2004, 01:06 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

yup.....

someone on here will know the full list of countries
Old 13 April 2004, 04:37 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 13 April 2004, 04:41 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

The French police will fine you heavily and destroy your radar detector should they find you using one. Not worth it. They will be looking for fast British cars with them fitted around the Le Mans 24hrs. BTW the Gendarmerie are scum.

Trending Topics

Old 13 April 2004, 04:49 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

cool, this is exactly what i want to hear, so is it illegal to use them, or is it the french just being arsey when we rape and pillage LeMans?
Old 13 April 2004, 04:54 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

No it's illegal and they are arsey 100% of the time it's their job. A bunch of jumped up, officious little Hitlers. I usually give them a 100 Euro note for their 90 euro fine and tell them to keep the change while smirking. P1sses them off no end and of course they can't give me any points here

Watch out though too much over the speed limit and they will confiscate your car and licence as well as a short jail term. I stick to 160khp cruising on the autoroutes and 30% above the speed limit everywhere else other than towns. In town I drive at 50kph (the limit) which p1sses the French off no end as they all like to do 70 or 80, especially around schools full of their vile offspring. Can't understand it myself.
Old 13 April 2004, 05:01 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

are you in france? go there a lot? you seem to have a strategy for driving over there.

i have heard from some people that lemans is a great road trip where everyone speeds and from others its a waste of time as the police are lined up, cannonball run style.

maybe i shoudl join the outrun crew? http://www.out-run.co.uk/LEMANS24HOURS.htm

i was also planning to run a video camera on the outside of my car, is that illegal (or stupid) too?
Old 13 April 2004, 05:07 PM
NACRO
BANNED

I live here (France) and can advise that it's a good bet to get caught around Le Mans at the 24hrs. On the other hand there will also be lots of other people abusing the speed limits so perhaps they'll be too busy with others to do you.

I had a great time at Le Mans the other week, watched some Porsche testing (for free) and drove at some high speeds on the roads around the circuit (including the Mulsanne straight- or the public part of it at least). I also got to wander round the track by myself looking at whatever I pleased, a real privilege.

As for the video camera I don't think it's illegal but it's bound to draw attention to you.

Like I said beware of going OTT speed wise, they will lock you up and take away your licence until you leave the country.

Just looked at the link- might be a good idea to do it with some seasoned campaigners. As they said some of the roads leading down to Le Mans (from Le Havre/Dieppe) are good fun.

Last edited by NACRO; 13 April 2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 13 April 2004, 07:11 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

nice one nacro, good advice, i am off to look on my european map for some roads to head for and take a round about way around to lemans.

i have found the nf octane boost now too. cheers.

now its just some gauges to make sure i dont blow my baby. anyone selling any defi's or perhaps know anyone who stocks them in the UK. most of the usual suspects seem to want to order them in and i cant take the risk they wont turn up in time.

any ideas?
Old 14 April 2004, 09:42 AM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

come on, anyone know anywhere with defi gauges in stock?

perhaps this should be in wanted or dealer queries?
Old 14 April 2004, 10:52 PM
cactus jim
Scooby Regular

bttt