Sponsored by:

FAO Chris L

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2003, 03:36 PM
richmilly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris

Just wondering if you recieved my email about the SWRT VIP passes, if not here it is below

"Chris

After reading your post on scoobynet about the VIP tickets for the SWRT service area me and my dad decided to buy some, so we now have two tickets for the service park at rally GB on friday.

As you say that you have done this in germany i was wondering if you could give us some advice, we dont know what time we should arrive, the cars first get into service at about 6.20 am.

What would you reccommend?? Getting there right at the start of the day or around 9.00 ish to see the cars come back after the first two stages?

How much is there to do in the day when the cars are out etc and when they come back do you get particularly close to the drivers or do they go off to a private area?"

Any help would be great.

Rich
Old 30 October 2003, 06:53 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hi Rich

It would be really up to you what time you get there. There isn't a huge amount to do - although the team will keep you going with food and drink We managed to blag a little look around the trucks and talk to a few guys, but they are working so it isn't always easy.

The weather in Germany made it a lot easier as it was well up in the 80s, so it was very nice to be sitting around the service area waiting for the cars to come in. Obviously servicing is the best time to be there and if you're lucky you can get to speak to the drivers and grab an autograph.

It is a great experience, but one I wouldn't necessarily repeat simply because we lost a days spectating and that's the reason I goto the rally!

Take a camera because you will get some great shots!

Cheers
Chris