Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sooooo disapointed

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2003, 02:30 PM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
before i start, i'm not stating that the P1 is 'better' than a 355 spider, however...

i test drove the 355 on sat as i'm hiring it out for my wedding next month. to be fair, the guy wasn't hammering it, but he was giving it a bit of welly. the thing is, it didn't fling my head back or anything. even when i drove it, it just didn't do anything for me. that has always been my dream ferrari and i did still hire it for the wedding. i'm just not sure whether i was expecting too much

it just made me even happier when i got back in my scoob.

the funny thing is that whilst i was drooling over the 355 in the showroom, he was outside walking around the scoob and wanted to get in it. i should have taken him for a spin after. lol
Old 15 September 2003, 04:00 PM
jimr
Scooby Regular

OOOOHHHHH come on the 355 is the dogs chodders

Me and a mate drove Colin Macrae's EX F1 355 xmas before last (we were asked by a good friend of ours if we minded dropping it off after its service- let me think for 0.5 of a nano second if I mind or not EEEEeeeerrr NO) so we had approx 130 miles of pure driving bliss, & I have to say that when you give it SOME (I'm not saying how much on here but lets just say NOTHING and I mean NOTHING apart from one of those cop coppers was going to stick with us) then it had my head firmly planted to the headrest. The engine howled (I don't think we had the radio on for one minute) we were both happy enough listening to the V8 sing its merry tune.

I'm sure that when you pick it up next month and you have the oppertunity to give the loud pedal what for, then you'll agree - have fun, I'm sure you will......
Old 15 September 2003, 04:02 PM
cfoster
Scooby Regular

dont mean to be nosey but what sort of money does it cost to hire one for the weekend?? Was looking at doing exactly the same! You can mail me direct if you dont want to post.

Cheers
Chris
Old 15 September 2003, 06:01 PM
Gary C
Scooby Regular

I drove an F355 at silverstone.

Upto about ~80 it did not feel any quicker than my then EVO, but it just kept going, don't quite know how fast but it was still pulling as I changed into 6th halfway down the hanger straight and reached about 6000rpm (anyone know the gearing of the F355 and know how fast that was ?)

The thing that got me was how relativly poor the handling was, grip was very high, but I started to understeer a touch under power, lifted and I could feel the yaw due to the weight of the engine moving the back ed out of line. Would take ages to learn to use the full potential of one of these cars. The track prep'ed Elise was a much better car to drive.

Still would love one though.

Old 16 September 2003, 09:08 AM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

jimr

i'm sure u r right in what u r saying - once you really give it some, it will impress, but i think its gonna have to be on a track. it only started to pick up over 4000rpm, but yes, i will be having fun in it.

Chris, it cost 1500 for the weekend, i.e. friday to monday. but that is limited to 300 miles. any more and u get charged per mile, (cant remember how much now). if u want further details let me know.
Old 16 September 2003, 09:30 AM
RichardPON
Scooby Regular

Come on -= be realistic.

The 355 is a 13 second quarter car, but who cares. You don't really think you buy a car like that as a straight line performance car........

Little disappointed to hear it doesn't handle....... apparently. I will reserve judgement till I drive one..........
Old 16 September 2003, 09:47 AM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

I did a Ferrari day at Elvington a few months back. They have a 355 as their main car. What a let down! It rattled its head off inside, even more than my Scoob, and didnt seem that fast! My Scoob deffo gives me more thrills than the VERY expensive red car!
Dunno what all the fuss is about, well, apart from that glorious noise they make.
Old 16 September 2003, 10:13 AM
Tim66
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

A word of warning, if you decide to hire 1 out check it out good & proper before you get in it. I had a 55AMG did't notice small scratch on the rear the *@*"!* tried 2 keep the deposit + wanted extra £s!!!!!
Old 16 September 2003, 11:28 AM
P1-day
Scooby Regular

richard,

all i'm saying is that being my all time dream ferrari, perhaps i expected too much or maybe the scoob is just too good, i dont know. but what i do know is that when the time comes to sell the scoob, (not for at least a few years), its gonna have to be one mean motor to impress i think.

Tim 66, thanks for the advice mate, im gonna inspect with the magnifying glass before i drive it away.
Old 16 September 2003, 11:35 AM
jimr
Scooby Regular

P1-day

All the best for the future and I'm sure that when the big day comes along next month you'll be smiling even if the 355 didn't meet your expectations.

Old 16 September 2003, 12:48 PM
RichardPON
Scooby Regular

P1,

Don't get me wrong, I completely sympathise. It's also my dream car, but I suppose I am the same, and hold the car in such high regard, that I too would be disappointed.

When I get to 25, off I go to hire one anyway!