Sponsored by:

A pleasant insurance story

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2000, 12:43 AM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well, as some of you may or may not know, I totalled a perfectely good GSR not long ago. A ghastly feeling that I hope nobody else has to go through. Luckily, I wasn't too hurt so I was able to walk out. What is the next thing you think about?

Insurance.

I am SOOOOO glad that I had my insurance with Rum (Tom at Schofield). Having recently waited 7 months for a £350 cheque from Admiral, I was a bit apprehensive about how long I would have to wait for a decision.

2 days after the accident, the assessor declared the car as a right off. 2 weeks after that, I had my cheque in my hand and I was driving in a brand new Mak, I have to say, all thanks to Tom and the supremely impressive Independent insurance he deals with.

I am a firm believer that the service sector in the UK sucks. Plainly and simply. It makes such a pleasant change to deal with your broker not from a statistical standpoint but from a personal. I sincerely hope that Tom continues his success story and is able to cater for more of the Subaru fraternity, for if anybody else gets half the good service that i have received, then you wont be disapointed.

Cheers Tom

Cem
Old 06 December 2000, 02:06 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Smile

Blow Dog (Cem)

Always a pleasure

Thanks for your kind words...as you have said, I, my partner, and all our staff pride ourselves with our personal service - long may it continue.

Once again thanks for your comments.

All the best

Rum (Tom)

[This message has been edited by Rum* (edited 07 December 2000).]
Old 06 December 2000, 05:56 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Cem (may I call you Cem, I've never met you so maybe I should address you as Mr Blowdog )

I'm with you on this one. Tom is a top, top man.

I'm not with Schofields (yet!) but Tom has been great at putting up with me sending him emails about policy quotes, suprised he's not told me to bugger off really.

As you say, makes a nice change to talk to someone who actually cares and is not just a telephone jockey (no offence to tele jocks out there, I guess i'm one myself)
Old 06 December 2000, 06:04 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cem,

I agree with you, it has been so refreshing to deal with people like Tom @ Schofields and Mark Underwood @ WaxWizzard, they pride themselves of quality of service and it shows.

Thnaks to both Tom and Mark for the various help they've given me,

Cheers,

Alex
Old 06 December 2000, 09:51 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Smile

Markus & Dr Evil...

As I said above...and speaking for Mark in his absence (guessing that he won't mind )...it is always a pleasure and rewarding when we manage to "come up trumps" (as the old dear used to say ).

Cheers

Rum
Old 06 December 2000, 10:34 PM
buddy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Rum,
Would your firm give me a quote please,tel. 07971575456 (jason)
thanks,
Buddy
Old 06 December 2000, 10:42 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Smile

Buddy,

Mail me at work on tom@schofieldinsurance.co.uk and I will send you a form.

As I have mentioned previously, the best price I can get for Scoobs is circa £800.00...and thats only if Trackstar or Telematics eGuard is fitted and presuming the postcode etc is ok, no claims, convictions and over 30.

Basically if the vehicle is an STi (STi1-5, P1 etc) or similar I might be able to come in with the goods.

If not I will be more than hapy to try and help by pointing you in the right direction.

As I said, best thing to do is mail me tomorrow and I will send you a form on Friday (I'm out all day tomorrow).

Cheers

Tom
Old 07 December 2000, 11:51 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Talking

Blowdog, Rum, DrEvil & Other

Thanks for the kind comments.

My idea of running a business and caring for its customers is to treat them the way I expect to be treated...that is to treat each customer on a personal basis and as a friend, and to give each customer the time of day be evening out of hours, daytime during hours etc etc. This also extends to emails.

Emails as we all know are super efficient and very quick and very cheap way of communicating over any length of distance.

Nothing infuriates me more when communicating with company's is the bland, stock standard reply/response apart from the lenghty delays!!!

The success of any business, small, medium or large, apart from profit, is its customer database. Without customers NO BUSINESS CAN SURVIVE!

A business can survive if it has crap products but excellent customer service and a business with brilliant products will find difficulty in surviving if its customer orientation is crap.

Far too often I come across business that treat with contempt as though you are taking up their valuable time/resources..they invariably answer the phone or email enquiry in a hurry and are just after your money..lets get the money and run scenario.

I echo Tom's (Rum) sentiments....long may our personal service remain intact for years to come.

Thank you everbody for your support.
Old 07 December 2000, 05:00 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Question

Rum,
Sorry to ask the same questions you have probably answered a thousand times but is it only the two tracking systems you mention that you are interested in....'Tracker' no good then?
Rich.
Old 07 December 2000, 06:38 PM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

RichB,

The underwriters have requested either of those 2...I have previously been able to get cover where the Tracker 24 Hour Guard & Recover is in place...sorry...just the way it is on the scheme.

Blame it on the P1's coming with Trackstar fitted as standard