Sponsored by:

I am bloddy pi55ed off!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2003, 10:12 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Went out side on Sunday morning to take my daughter to feed the ducks in our village. I noticed a mark on my front wing and was shocked to see that someone had keyyed a long scratch down the side of my car [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

It goes from half way along the rear n/s door, across the front n/s door and along the n/s front wing [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]. I later found another scratch along the o/s front wing. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Now I'm not a violent man, but if I had found the low-life tow-rag mindless morons who had done this, they would have gotten a right beating, no matter how many there were or how big they are. They obviouly have no respect for peoples propery and the laws that protect them, so I don't see why they should be protected either. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

It's a quite part of the village and there's never been any trouble like this before. I'm really glad we're moving out [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I've reported it to the police, but there's not much they can do. I was going to get it fixed on my own expence, but the repair bill is approx £600, so it will have to be an insurance job

Old 15 September 2003, 10:13 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

See... I'm so mad I even messed up the title to the thread....
Old 15 September 2003, 10:36 AM
Andy Mid.
Scooby Regular

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I went mountain biking in the Peak District. I left my car in a tiny, picturesque village in the middle of nowhere and when I came back a few hours later I had a scratch all the way down three panels

No idea why someone would do something like that. I reported it to the police but they said they aren't going to do anything about it.

I got a quote of £225 from Chipsaway to fix it and a respray would be double that. A mate then recommended that I try and polish it out using some stuff he swore by. I figured I had nothing to lose (as it was being resprayed anyway) so I gave it a go and it really worked well. You can still see the scratch if you look very closely but it's 90% gone

I sound like a cheesy advert off satellite TV or something but the stuff was called "Scratch X" and it's made by an American company called Maguiar's. Probably worth a go ?
Old 15 September 2003, 10:43 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I don't know. It's pretty deep in places. The b******s really scratched it hard. I don't think anything other than a re-spay is going to fix it.
Old 15 September 2003, 11:26 AM
L19ESA
Scooby Regular

That happened to my car a few weeks ago too they scratched it so deep that it was through to the car shell in places. It cost me £400 to get fixed. Some people just have no respect for other peoples property.
Old 15 September 2003, 11:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sorry about it Nimbus, make me mad to hear about it.

Les
Old 15 September 2003, 11:28 AM
newbie_scoobie
Scooby Regular

That type of thing was happening in a village in Scotland recently.
Turned out it was a 75 year old woman needing some TLC, wanted some attention or something.
So if you see any old ladies toddling along to the local papershop, give her a smack in the mouth just in case
Gutted for you mate, hope it comes out OK. Hang the b@stards ~I say.

Col
Old 15 September 2003, 11:50 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

This sort of thing really p!sses me off and I can never work out what they gain from doing this the w@nkers need to have a good kicking and don't deserve anything of their own if they go around wrecking strangers property.

W@nkers [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 15 September 2003, 12:01 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Angry

This is one of the reasons as why when I get my next car, I'm not bothered if it has any dents or scrapes etc.

As after having a perfectly immaculate scoob for 3 years, and trying to keep it like that is a nightmare

I figure buying my next car in not so good condition, I will pay less and won't be so bothered about leaving it anywhere as my attitude will be "that door/wing is full of dents or scratches, it's does'nt matter if it gets another one." Sod's law would probably mean that the good panels on the car get vandalised!

My uncle has got his Jag (1997 XJ6)in the repair shop for basically a full re-spray and new glass, after if was keyed very heavily on every panal and even the glass - almost wrote the car off! This may have been a more personal attack rather than mindless vandalism... but it still sucks!

[Edited by ALi-B - 9/15/2003 12:01:39 PM]
Old 15 September 2003, 12:17 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I've had the car for nearly 5 years, and nothing like this has happend before I'm going to wait until we move before I get it fixed.
Old 15 September 2003, 12:34 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Thats sensible Nimbus, the little ***** would love to do it again once its fixed no doubt

Feel for you m8, what goes around ect
Old 15 September 2003, 12:45 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Jesus, that makes me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 15 September 2003, 12:58 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Has recently happened to three cars on my street, and we have an idea who is doing it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Just bought 2 cars, one for me, one for the missus. If either of them are keyed I will be very angry [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Feel for you Nimbus
Old 15 September 2003, 01:13 PM
Mad Gypsy
Scooby Regular

I know this is an after thought, but, B&Q are selling a surveillance system for next to nothing. I'm going to have one fitted. I think this could prove to be a good deterrent.
Old 15 September 2003, 02:34 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the words chaps.

I'm swinging between sadness and anger at the moment. I don't hold any hope of them being caught.

Can't wait to move into the new place (when ever that will be - don't think that first time buyers are a blessing when selling your house, cos they aint.. but that's a different story).
Old 15 September 2003, 03:09 PM
AK47
Scooby Regular

Angry

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 15 September 2003, 03:29 PM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

theres someone down my inlaws road thats a serial vandal. 15 cars have been done in a couple of weeks. ******* are slashing the tyres as well. and thats in posh wilmslow

Simon