Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Worried! What should I do next?

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2003, 06:37 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Similar thing last night at the gf's place - midnight ish, big 4x4 pulls up and parks on the curb opposite my car. Lights left on for well over 15 minutes until I put the outside security lights on and step outside (rolling pin in hand!). Lights go off and 3 chaps exit the off-roader. I retreat inside fearing the worst but keep a watchful eye through the curtains having double bolted the front door and checked all the windows.

At approx 1am all 3 get back in and drive off rather hastily.

I must get that tracker subscription sorted tonight - I dont really want the car back after its been ragged but I aslo dont want to lose £1k or £2k as I know the ins co will stuff me on the value should it go walkies.

Edited to say:

Well at least I think it was a rolling pin - cant think why that was in the bedroom though?!?!?!

[Edited by Scooby96 - 9/8/2003 6:43:08 PM]
Old 09 August 2003, 09:07 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Just a thought, and hopefully a bit paranoid, but is it really sensible to broadcast to the world over the internet that your tracker subscription (etc.) has lapsed?

Seems that any clued up potential car thief could learn a lot from reading a forum like this. Admittedly they wouldn't know where to look for a specific car bar a generalised area, but OTOH somebody who reads this a lot might be able to put two and two together in a few cases.

Like I said, hopefully unnecessary, but worth saying nevertheless I feel.

[Edited by greasemonkey - 9/8/2003 9:09:17 PM]
Old 08 September 2003, 06:10 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Neighbour(works shifts) spooked a chap looking round my car at 4.30am in the morning on my drive, he took off on a motor bike.

Loads of high performance cars been nicked around here recently...houses burgled for keys in the middle of the night. I suspect he was scouting!

Will contact the police but worried as there is not a lot they can do IMHO.

Any suggestions!
Old 08 September 2003, 06:18 PM
scooby rat
Scooby Regular

Had a few similar experiences lately. I live in a small cul-de-sac area and have recently seen people pull up outside or near by and just have a look through their windows then drive off.

Next door has recently been up for sale so put a lot of it down to that , but it is now still happening.

I look at it like this - if they want to steal it they will, no matter what devices you got or how much of a fight you put up.

It s just the scumbag society that we live in !!

Hope things never happen though!!!

KEV
Old 08 September 2003, 07:07 PM
whiteknight
Scooby Regular

GET A BARRIER DEADLOCK! i have one and there a great piece of mind, i also have a trakker, i felt the same i thought i dont want the car back after it has been ragged!, so call me paranoid but the barrier dead lock was a must!
Old 08 September 2003, 07:09 PM
Franko
Scooby Regular

Its hapened to me twice now luckily i was awake and heard them talking.. phoned my bro who live just down the street and we both jumped out of our house and chased em.. Seemed like the same guys second time round when they got away again.. Aint hapened again since a while now hopefully they wont be back..

At first i'd stay up late keepin n eye on things but it made me realise that way they win..
I just relax if they take my car and i'm asleep ther's nothing i can do.. but if i'm awake at least one of em is gona feel some pain..

Thieving scum!

Try not to worry bout it.. keep things as secure as you can and remember your life is worth more than the car..

Hope its the last you see of anyone snifin around.
Old 08 September 2003, 07:13 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

i find a baseball bat and plenty of screaming normally puts the poopers up most scumbag teefs!!!
Old 08 September 2003, 07:24 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Unless they are drugged up. Possibly not worth the risk to yourself.

Barrier deadlock a very good idea! Coupled with a disc-lok!

Andy
Old 08 September 2003, 07:39 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the support folks!
Police advice dont get involved, ring 999 from your bedroom, watch out of your bedroom window, let them take the keys/car, your life is worth more than any car.

They will step up patrols im the area, about all they can do I suppose.

Old 08 September 2003, 07:42 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Hi

May sound silly,but buy a baby monitor and leave in the car or under the car,cheap,hear them comeing,cant suggest a weapon though !
Old 08 September 2003, 08:04 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

We have had a lot of crime round my way latley all in the wee small hours so staying up for the ******* is a stress, one of my neighbours drives a rally car he was working on it the other night 3am and heard a noise at the back of his garage he ran out to find a ****** with a crowbar in the rear door of his van! He gave chase and caught him!!!!! Bang chined him good and proper followed by a lovely volley as the ****** hit the deck!!! unfortunately he just lay there twitching so my now starting to panic neighbour called the cops who arrived with the ambulance the copper to his supprise was not to botherd with the way in which the ****** was caught, but told my m8 he was lucky he only knocked him out! so be carefull guys no bird is worth a feckwitt car theif!!!

virgin what a great cheap idea!!!! my scoob is garaged with a Disklock but that does not stop the ICE theif, but a baby monitor would let me hear em and I have power in the garage so loads of batteries would not be needed!!! wow that diserves it's own thread!

Old 08 September 2003, 08:08 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Smile

Like the baby monitor idea, you can get them with a built in alarm that will wake you or warn you if the 'baby' makes a noise and some also have a talk back system, a bit like an intercom, so you can **** the theifing scumbags up you if they do enter your car

You can't beat a disk-lok and decent alarm system for keeping this type of scum away from your scoob.

Special X, your mate deserves a good pat on the back, think i'd have done the same but the little crap may not have walked again[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by BigRed - 9/8/2003 8:12:31 PM]
Old 08 September 2003, 08:11 PM
wanted
Scooby Regular

Angry

Get a disklock and keep the keys seperate from the car keys, so that if they do get the car keys, they are already back outside by the time they realise they can't get the lock off.
Old 08 September 2003, 08:11 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Advice I got a couple of years ago from M'cr CID (who visited after seeing the P1 outside my house) was to park up the street, outside someone else's house (then they won't break into your house for the keys....)
Old 08 September 2003, 08:30 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

sorry gordo im not keen on that idea,but i must say i agree wiv big red and special x's m8,cause after breaking the little scumbags legs wiv me bat i'd take him for a drive (in the back of the van) and leave him in the woods....sod the old bill they aint no ****** good anways!!!
Old 08 September 2003, 08:43 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Gordo
Been there! Did this before.

Result passenger door damaged window smashed for my snooper cds etc...never leave road angels etc on display, they are very sort after! So lost cds, snooper, expensive, multitool and other bits and bobs and as my insurance insists your car is on your own property or not insured , no cover! Great!

Dont fib as if you report the incident to the police they want to know exactly where the car was before they give you a crime number.
They look where the glass is smashed for a likely object!

Repairs and lost CDS Snopper etc cost me about £600.00 in total!
Old 08 September 2003, 09:00 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

The baby monitor idea is an old bike trick; Ive heard of so many bikes that were saved using one. Turn it up to full and you will hear them before they even get into the garage.