Sponsored by:

dont know what to do

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2003, 07:41 PM
gaz62uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hi every one .first time on here .got a prob bought a my02 wrx last friday and when i was buying the car the insurance L&V asked if it was an import because they did not have it on they computer,so i said how can i tell,they said ask to look at the log book it will tell you on there.so i went back to the place where i was buying the car,direct cars (sheffield) and said is it an import .they said no and i asked to look at the log book which did not say it was an import.so happy with that i boght the car and tuck the insurance out.been and pick the car up today .v nice indeed, wrb wrx 02 with 13k on the clock 1 owner paid £15000 .it is my second scooby first was a turbo my99 i think.anyway got the car home only to look at the service book and saw it was a euro import .so stright away phoned direct cars up and said i want to return the car as you said it was a uk model.the manager has said come to see me wednesday morning and we can sort some thing out .so far they have been very good .i am happy with the car but do you think i have paid to much for an import,would you settle for some money back or would you take the car back for a full refund (if they will do that).will i have any probs with the insurance when i tell them L&V .hope you can advise me .thx gaz
Old 08 September 2003, 07:46 PM
Franko
Scooby Regular

i'm not sure about what the insurance comp will do if/when you tell them.. differnt companies seem to do different things..

As for keeping the car.. i dont know how much cheaper n import should be.. seein as you like the car i'd keep it,depending on how much of a discount the dealer offers.. if the discount isn't enough to cover the gap between a uk and n import i'd ask for a refund..

Hope you get it sorted..

P.s WELCOME to scoobynet
Old 08 September 2003, 09:10 PM
gaz62uk
Scooby Regular

will insurance has cost me an extra £166 a years.will let you know how a go on when i see them wednesday .