ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

how to not look embarrased

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2003, 09:11 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Unhappy

was in tesco's car park putting the weekly shop in the car with my lass and me daughter, sat in the car when i noticed 3 men aged about 25 plus looking at my car they were only about 20ft away so i was pretending i couldnt notice them next thing another impreza the exact same colour pulled in the car park just behind me and the three men changed position they moved to in front of my bumper and started to eye both cars up to see which was the best, meanwhile im in the car looking directly into the eyes of these men trying to behave like nothing is wrong. cmon i know i have a nice looking car but if i strolled up to a table in the bar and starred at some bloke cause he had a nice shirt he's is going to want to come out hitting, on top of that i just felt like a right idiot and just tried to look the other way.

is this the norm for people in impreza's
Old 27 April 2003, 10:02 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get used to it. I used to get people coming over to chat when I was filling up, girls dancing in front of the car etc, on the other hand, had someone spit on it, many w*nker signs and much road rage.

MB
Old 27 April 2003, 10:33 PM
j_p_h
Scooby Regular

I always get it and i love it lol. It's a nice feeling knowing there looking at something you've got and they like it. Had a bloke in a huge lorry pull up behind me when i pulled into a layby the other day and he was amazed at the diamater of my exhaust. He was on his knees lol ohhing and arring underneath the car lol.

Girls love it especially as well you gotta love that. Well your only young once so enjoy it. I no i do.
Old 27 April 2003, 10:34 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Agree with Dark Blue enjoy the good times

But do know what you mean, I normally start playing wth the Stereo or get something out the glove box to aviod eye contact

Funiest thing I was driving through the centre of Town very slowly in traffic. My wife and Daughter were watching some guy on the pavement. He keep staring and walking in the opposite direction walked straight into a Lampost it took them a good ten minutes to stop laughing before the could tell me what happened

Tony
Old 27 April 2003, 10:40 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

girls dancing in front of the car
Ooooh not had any of that yet!

Have seen a lad turn his head as i drove past, then walk into a lamp post, then had a good chuckle as his mates obviously started ribbing him about it.

John
Old 27 April 2003, 10:53 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes people do that all the time. I have an RB5 that quick and noisy, so people always tend to look. I've had dancing to the music and all sorts. Thats one of the reason why I got pimp tints fitted

Phill
Old 27 April 2003, 11:06 PM
m18use
Scooby Regular

Lol babber owner of the slowest wr in yate
Old 27 April 2003, 11:34 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I get a bit too much attention from birds It deffo ain't my face, so it must be the car.
My lass is always giving it the "she's looking at you" line.
I'm not sure if she trusts me alone in it
Old 27 April 2003, 11:49 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Hehe i had someone wolf whistle the car the other day - can't have been me i ming Also had the dancing to music etc, tends to be young lads though

I have the ultimate stealth colour though, Mica Red, so I dont get huge amounts of attention - until i get my SS straight-thru soon

Andy
Old 28 April 2003, 12:29 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

I've always been surprised at how much attention these things get.

When I was in the market for one I always thought it was the guys who simply knew what a good car they were. Even my girlfriend said they were ugly. Bought one which was slightly modified in the looks dept and must admit it is subtle but very eye catching. Turns heads every day. Girlfriend now loves them and pleads with me not to get rid whenever I buy a trader and think I fancy a change.

Feels like I have a £50k supercar way people ask you about them. Despite spending £4000.00 in mods in 18 months I'm beginning to think its money well spent.
Old 28 April 2003, 12:36 PM
ricco
Scooby Regular

Cool

It's got to the stage now where more people look at my car than don't Best one was some lads weere walking past it staring and one of them ran back and licked the bonnet

Only problem is i get wary of parking it someplaces... Unfortunatly there's always one jelous barsteward
Old 28 April 2003, 12:49 PM
darkblueturbo
Scooby Regular

if someone spat on my car I'd have to take it to the body shop to get the front bumper replaced after I killed them with the car!
Old 28 April 2003, 01:30 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

One of the big factors in selling mine was I didnt like the bad attention it got. I worried about where I parked it and it just attracted trouble. They are becoming common and any young ****** can afford a beat up old WRX now. Bad image might be on the increase....

I fancy a bug eye now as they are so ugly, no-one would spit on it Just got to find a nice one....

MB
Old 28 April 2003, 01:50 PM
wiltshire_boy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Buy a Wagon, they seem to be invisible
Old 28 April 2003, 01:57 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

If you want attention get 22 Scoobs (including two 22BBs) on the Isle of Wight and then try and find your hotel!

Remember one lad with a bike and a girl his head was snapping around so much it looked like he was going to trip.

Next thing that comes over the radio is "he has fallen over and she is not happy"... I did chortle.

Sometimes the attention is a pain, other times I don't notice it but passengers do and other times it is great like to two girls in Rickmansworth that decided to flash me...
Old 28 April 2003, 02:07 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

DBM.......

I don't think it really matters what model you have.

Being the owner of a WR Blue bugly (with a few mods) you still get lots of attention.......

Leaving the gym last night 2 (gorgeous) girls standing and chatting. I simply smiled and said a polite hello and they didn't even bat an eye-lid (might have been something to do with me drooling )

As you as they saw me climb into my baby and fire her up....they just stared at me like I was some kind of god ?!

....atleast they liked the car

Andy
Old 28 April 2003, 02:36 PM
magnet
Scooby Regular

If you dont want attention get a

LEGACY?

no-one looks twice at it, its
Old 28 April 2003, 02:56 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Talking

get looks all the time, missus hates it when birds come to talk at petrol stations!!!

best one was last week, was with me m8 at our local texaco filling up and two moist birds came over and said "who's is the subaru?" i say "mine" and one replies "will you take me out for a ride in it??" not usually one for quick thinking i said "depends on what kind of ride you mean??" at which she laughed and said "i'll keep my eyes out for you"

I LOVE OWNING A SUBARU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 April 2003, 02:57 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Mod it to look like a sport?

MB
Old 28 April 2003, 02:57 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Talking

get looks all the time, missus hates it when birds come to talk at petrol stations!!!

best one was last week, was with me m8 at our local texaco filling up and two moist birds came over and said "who's is the subaru?" i say "mine" and one replies "will you take me out for a ride in it??" not usually one for quick thinking i said "depends on what kind of ride you mean??" at which she laughed and said "i'll keep my eyes out for you"

I LOVE OWNING A SUBARU!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 April 2003, 02:58 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Talking

[Edited by scoobygav555 - 4/28/2003 3:03:24 PM]
Old 28 April 2003, 02:59 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

MATTel - you coming to the IOW this year? There should be another one...
Old 28 April 2003, 03:17 PM
SuperFlyGuy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Where the heck are these girls????????????

I got told to ditch my scooby (single bloke) as a recent survey suggested girls hate them!!!!

People do look but I just thought it was the distinctive noise they made.......the only age group that stop/wave/shout compliments are young boys.........I hear Gary Glitter is thinking of getting one.

Anyway....where are these girls????? I want some please.
Old 28 April 2003, 03:27 PM
Nexuas
Scooby Regular

I got flashed in my sport the other day by a girl walking down the side of the road, not sure if it was just me or whether she was doing it to all the cars? Nice pink bra!!!
Old 28 April 2003, 05:38 PM
The_Lizard
Scooby Regular

hey magnet - next step is, park the Legacy where the colors blend into the background