Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Purchased a WRX today

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2003, 07:29 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After much deliberation I have bought a WRX with PPP (and side skirts colour coded).

I test drove both the WRX and the STi (2 drives of each) but chose the WRX as for me I felt it was the better car.

Financially both cars were an option but the WRX edged it due to

1) Ride was a little less harsh - though for some I would guess this is the appeal of the STi. If it was a second car then maybe I would gone for it.
2) I am a driver of 'average' ability and the STi is perhaps too quick for me. Its not the first quick car I have had, but it is much quicker than any car I have had.
3) I hated the scoop with a passion - it would not have stopped me getting the car if I had been happy with 1&2 above.
4) The insurance is quite a bit less for the WRX - not a major consideration but it is a plus point for the WRX.
5) I felt I could leave the car and it would not attract as much attention as the ST1.

None of the above is in anyway detrimental to the STi - both cars are superb and much better than I expected.

Hopefully get the car next Saturday.
Old 30 March 2003, 09:51 PM
r5obbo
Scooby Regular

very good evaluation, but i have not driven the sti,and to be honest don't want to. you are not first to say this. but i can add to this and say i was very imprezed about the ride comfort, it's so good you juyst bounce in the seats compared to the other sports cars iv'e owned.
Old 30 March 2003, 10:01 PM
kpm2
Scooby Regular

Well done CupraT, sounds like you did exactly the same as me. I've also had the WRX side skirts sprayed and had the PPP fitted.
What colour did you go for? The only regret is getting the WRX mats included in the deal - they look a bit cheap, I'll be getting some Delux mats next pay day. Sounds like you also got your's at RN Golden. They seem to be one of the best dealers for doing good deals.
Old 30 March 2003, 10:10 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Yep, I went to Golden's - good service with no pressure to buy and plenty of patience for the endless test drives I needed to make up my mind.
I bought Blue (would have had silver but my current car is silver and I fancied a change)

Old 30 March 2003, 10:28 PM
kpm2
Scooby Regular

My last car was blue so I swapped to Silver for the change. The WRX or STI looks great in any colour although with a limited colour range I don't know why they have white as an option. I guess it's to help encourage Police forces to buy it?
Probably a silly question but will you be changing your sign on name to ScoobyT next Saturday?
Old 30 March 2003, 10:43 PM
GLIM
Scooby Regular

Talking

Although it would be a great tool for the Traffic department it is not likely to be a patrol car for 2 main reasons-
1 Subaru dealers dont offer the police any discount even if they were buying in bulk.( alledgedly bmw offer up to 40% off)

2 the bosses believe that if the police use scoobys it will act against the job, in the way that it would be like a challenge to the thiefs and boy racers of the land.

Glim.
Old 30 March 2003, 10:50 PM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

i'm sure i read somewhere from one of the forces that have scoobs that most of the possible vehicle pursuits dont happen due to crims realising that a scoob can keep up with em, so no point running!
Old 31 March 2003, 12:28 AM
kenny.c
Scooby Regular

also I read somewhere that forces were starting to use silver instead of the traditional white to increase re-sale value whe the car comes for sale.
Old 31 March 2003, 07:20 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

GOod stuff - I'm getting my skirts colour coded on Wednesday, and am saving for the PPP

Police are using silver cars more and more. There's loads around now, and I guess that it's for resale purposes, particularly on the BMWs etc.