Sponsored by:

Sunday drivers, the sun is out, please fill the roads up 4us

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2003, 04:18 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Went down to PC World today(and may I add it was a waste of time, crap selection, rip off prices - should have known better I know) I digress........

So on my way home from Hedge End near Southampton I decide to take the country roads back. Jeepers, they were just rammed with people pootling along(on nice open derestricted roads, you know the type )

The worst one was coming up behind an Astra estate, this guy had all the toys on it - mud flaps, anti static danglys, window stickers, 3 aerials, stick on sun blinds - you know the type. Anyway were going through a series of 2 or 3 villages, speed limit is 40 and Im in no rush so I sit in behind him - however I know that there is a nice straight open section(60) ahead so I move towards middle of road just to have a look. He decides he needs to block my view ??? like I didnt even cross the line or anything. This goes on everytime I try and look.

Eventually we get onto the straight section, the speed limit changes and I waste him. So I overtake and hes flashing his lights and waving at me.

My words to you astra driver are F11CK OFF and dont try and be the road judge. Im old enuff and sensible enuff to be the one who decides these things now. What a waster, I couldnt believe his mentality and driving.

Rant over, nice sunny day anyway

Oh, would have love to have spoken to him at some lights to find out what his problem was!

Andy

[Edited by ADP - 3/16/2003 4:20:25 PM]
Old 16 March 2003, 05:44 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah waving and flashing when ya overtake safely, what complete morons, then they wonder why they victims of road rage

[Edited by scoobynutta555 - 3/16/2003 5:45:20 PM]
Old 16 March 2003, 05:48 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Yeah.. People were flashing at me as I went past them at 165 mph on the M4... just dont understand it!
Old 16 March 2003, 06:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

lol
i used half a tank of juice with sum "spirited" driving round the north east coast today

nice day
brought the car home and gave it its 4th coat of diamond brite
its pretty shiney now lol
but not a patch on my vectra sitting on the drive with about 19 coats of diamond brite
Old 16 March 2003, 06:21 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SOME people are very easily upset by people driving behind them even very slightly too close(or they can be poor judges of distance)and SOME people see just about any overtaking manoeuvre as bordering on the wreckless,( [clause1]others are admittedly just c****,lets face it)but either way i feel confident that you were not in the wrong.Chances are, this guy probably was upset at how HE saw your driving (i would have done just the same overtake as you though mate)He may have seen your driving as pushy, or even taken it as a personal insult or....see [clause1].
Old 16 March 2003, 07:26 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

Dont understand his mentality to try & block you on a clear road.
That in itself is bl00dy dangerous.
I had something like that but in reverse.(no not going backwards)
Going home on the M3 southbound, usual line of traffic in outside lane.Myself one of them. This guy comes up behind me, flashing his lights. What am i supposed to do , I cant go any faster, i'd be up'n'over the boot in front. I just point to the car in front &
hold my hand up.. to say what d'you want me to do moron.
The guy pulls to the centre lane, undertakes me & two others,
he is now up the backside of someone in the centre lane; so
pulls out to the "fast lane" , no indication. We all have to brake cos of this tw@t.
Unfortunately no plod around. This guy had other people in with him as well. Nugget.
Old 16 March 2003, 07:49 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Talking

I was busy working on my garage this morning so at 12:30 when
i finished i decieded to go for a spin up to the peak district
The run up was not too bad Some nice clear roads and not too
many sunday drivers.
Comming back was a different story
Tailbacks from cars doing 35-40 on un-restricted roads[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
I know there is no minimum speed limit, but you would have thought
they would have the decency to pull over and let the traffic
behind pass.
But no, they just sit thereadmimiring the open road ahead[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Still the journey out was fun
Greg
Old 16 March 2003, 08:56 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I was flashed two times today by people who I overtook! (Safely I should add)
Old 16 March 2003, 09:34 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

I overtake really dangerously and they flash at that as well

I need a rear bumper sticker for the people I've just upset, to read: "What do you expect - I'm evil!"

F
Old 17 March 2003, 08:48 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

Saturday: Spent all day decorating and ripping carpet up in hallways/lounge and stairs.

Sunday: went down tip in the focus and spent rest of day cleaning it and fitting mudflaps.

Wife was out cruisin in the RB5

not fair
Old 17 March 2003, 08:54 AM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Sunday- 20+ degrees-mountain roads empty open and twisting. I saw about 7 other vehicles in a 100 mile round trip. I overtook them all safely and apart from one idiot coming the opposite way who decided that the road was wide enough for 2 cars (it wasn't)had a stress free drive in the countryside. My advice is move to France they have the same number of people and many times the space. There are no GATSO's (not that I've seen) and when stopped by the Gendarmes for 160KPH on an "A" type road I got a fine equivalent to about £80 a bargain- and I told them that had it been in England it would be a ban and much larger fine. Oh and the Shell SUL costs 70p(ish)a ltr!
Old 17 March 2003, 09:04 AM
GuyM
Scooby Regular

Greg, know what you mean, very infuriating, not being sexist, but it is usually an older female, even my missus agrees with that!
Its also usually a little old female who pulls out into the second lane of the dual carriageway doing 40 mph, causing you to slam the anchors on, they just cannot judge distance and speed, especially in a wing mirror!
Old 17 March 2003, 03:11 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Angry

Just had one today. Open road, national speed limit, the old duffer in front doing 40, i overtake safely and plenty of room, no oncoming traffic. what do i get? pi55-ant horn when i drive by and flashing of lights when im in front.

Come up to the next village i slow up considerably and drive through it at 20 mph (30 limit) with said duffer behind me. Petty i know, but at natioinal limit again i give the finger and floor it, adios Meldrew.
Old 17 March 2003, 05:13 PM
Scrappy2
Scooby Regular

Angry

I normally get stuck behind some muppet doing 40 in a de-restricted bit of road, and when the road changes down to a 30, they still proceed at 40!! MY god it makes my blood boil!! Not being ageist or anything, but they're usually old! Should have to re-take their test at 60-65!!
Old 17 March 2003, 05:18 PM
stellaFella
Scooby Regular

you just know he is saying to his missus ' he won't get there any quicker love driving like that'
well i am sorry but i can knock ten mins off my drive to work driving like that. oh yeah and about 10 gallon a week extra too.
Old 17 March 2003, 05:35 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Come up to the next village i slow up considerably and drive through it at 20 mph (30 limit) with said duffer behind me. Petty i know, but at natioinal limit again i give the finger and floor it, adios Meldrew.