Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remember ME!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2002, 12:13 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She won't be asked to produce any documentation for the car she was driving if she gets a court summons. Basically, she admits she was driving, they then do bugger all for 3 months making you wait, then you get the court summons. She goes to court, they give her a fine, and in this case probably a 12 month ban (12 months being the norm for a ban resulting from points being accumulated up). The fact that she has no insurance will not come to light. The only way she will get caught for not having insurance is if she receives a 'producer', or if she needs to tax the car herself.

[Edited by Dave_A - 10/1/2002 12:14:39 PM]
Old 01 October 2002, 08:34 AM
Columbia300man
Scooby Regular

Hi Guys and Gals,

Firstly I just thought i would let you know that i now have a scooby, a lovely 1999 2.0T from 22BUK, thanks 22BUK.

ok back to business, you all know about my Ex, the one that is really stupid!! well i have just had a speeding ticket come through the door it appears that she got caught on a mobile unit. I already know that she had 9 points on her license before this so i think her license is gone.

Also i know as she told me that she has not got any insurance, is this going to be found out, do the police ask you to produce if it goes to court etc?

Or is there a way of making it so that they find out she hasnt got insurance and send her a producer?

sorry but i am a little bit bitter, but she screwed me over and i know it seems like she is doing a good job of screwing her own life up but she needs to get found out as she hasnt had insurance for months.

any ideas?

Old 01 October 2002, 08:39 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I wouldn't have thought she would get away without produceing her docs. If/when she does, shes screwed. No Insurance usually provides 6-8 points alone. When she does get her licence back she will find it very hard to get a decent quote. Having driven with no insurance is regarded as a right sin by Insurance companies.
You have the last laugh.
Old 01 October 2002, 09:00 AM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Justice is served.....

And yes I do remember you! Glad to see you are more cheerful!

Paul
Old 01 October 2002, 10:11 AM
Columbia300man
Scooby Regular

Yes i am much happier now, learnt to be a little more independentso i am told) which is a good thing!
Old 01 October 2002, 11:08 AM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

Another stevenage lad! ME: Black, loud, 93WRX. I think I've seen your parked up in your drive. DBM T reg????

Did that "leisure park meet" ever happen?
Old 01 October 2002, 11:16 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

Of course, the sad thing here is that when she gets the inevitable ban/large fine, and then does get her license back, she'll find it hard to get insurance. Having driven once without, won't she just go out and do it again?
WHY don't government get on top of this insurance business, and force people to SHOW they're insured, say, on the screen? Then Police/traffic wardens could pick up on it?
Cinical mode ON: Is it because government/police get very little/nothing from insurance, so aren't bothered either way?
Cynical mode OFF
Alcazar
Old 01 October 2002, 11:30 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
She's screwed!! She will lose her licence and get a heafty fine. If she doesn't produce then i'm pretty sure she will be arrested and charged. Sit back and enjoy if you must but believe me, although complete satisfaction may be felt by you, it's not worth carrying on being bitter. Life's too short!! Chin up mate
Old 01 October 2002, 11:36 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Just re read your post. Unless someone grasses her up, they won't find out bout her lack of insurance. Maybe an anonymous tip off to the local bobby's may help?!?! Looking at it, she's gonna lose her license anyway and she deserves to if she's been speeding and driving with no insurance. We all go legit (I think!!), I hope these dodgers get everything that's coming to them!!.... I will now dismount from my soap box!!