None Ulez Compliant Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2023, 09:45 AM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default None Ulez Compliant Help!

Good morning,

Just looking for a bit of advice. My 2003 WRX is apparently non Ulez compliant so need to sort it out before the extension comes in in August. I saw that a few people had successfully used EuroCerts to get theirs through so did the same. Paid the £170, sent the cert over to TFL and have had the following reply this morning:-

We can confirm that we are unable to accept your Independent Certificate of Conformity (ICoC) as proof of compliance of your vehicle. If providing a certificate of conformity (CoC), it must be provided by the manufacturer of your vehicle. Alternatively, we may accept a letter from the manufacturers Homologation Department, confirming the specifics of the vehicle registration mark and VIN and outlining the specific emissions data/Euro standard of the vehicle with a full copy of the Vehicle registration document. Letters provided by other departments, such as customer services, or obtained from the dealer network will not be accepted. Please note that any missing data is not recorded upon the vehicle registration document and will not be passed onto DVLA when trying to correct the vehicle emissions data they hold

So I'm wondering if anyone on here has argued this decision and got it overturned? I have been advised that sometime the main dealers will provide the information, but have been charging upto £400. I bought mine privately so dont have a dealer to go back to and would have no idea where to start.

Any help would be much appreciated as I cant afford to keep throwing money down the drain. Ideally I would like to argue their decision as there are clearly inconsistencies at TFL!

Thanks
Old 07 February 2023, 10:31 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

is it UK, UEDM or JDM spec??
Old 07 February 2023, 11:36 AM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Its JDM
Old 07 February 2023, 06:20 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

I work for a different manufacturer and can get Certificates of Conformity emailed to me from head office, they come in every vehicle these days from the factory.
Perhaps contact a decent Subaru dealer (maybe Proven Subaru in Haslemere in Surrey) could possibly help you out. Graham Hollidge there is very decent, or Jack is cool too.
Logic would say that any Subaru dealer can get a CoC for you, perhaps with proof of you having a V5 log book for it maybe.

The ones I see at work are branded with the logo.

I'm unsure though with yours being a JDM, but any main dealer may be able to help.
The following users liked this post:
Old 08 February 2023, 08:58 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

looking at previous posts on here it seems you need the NOx emissions confirmed from factory/subaru for your specific car/model

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...compliant.html
The following users liked this post:
Old 08 February 2023, 09:10 AM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Thanks so much. I'll give them a go.
Old 16 February 2023, 10:04 PM
Chuckieb
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, interesting that you’ve received this. I used Eurocert a while back and had my car approved for the ULEZ zone (2003 JDM Spec C) but they’ve now just sent me a letter saying that they are removing this approval and will start charging me. I’ve written to them asking what’s changed and am waiting for a reply.

Wondering if this is happening to anyone else as I think there may be a few of us who have used Eurocert?
Old 16 February 2023, 10:14 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a Certificate of Conformity today direct from Subaru, for free. I have a UK Forester, but it was emailed over from Japan, despite not being an import. So maybe it works with imports. Worth a try.

Details here: https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...l#post12129521

Last edited by joey_turbo; 16 February 2023 at 10:22 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by joey_turbo:
Old 17 February 2023, 10:29 AM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Thank you so much. I'll give this a go now. Wish I'd known about this before spending £170 for the independent one. Still arguing the point with TFL out of principle. Ive also now been advised that as soon as they update DVLA my road tax will double. *******s get you one way or another! Thanks again
Old 17 February 2023, 03:23 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No problem. Yes I was thinking that regarding mine, as its a year 2000 model, that if they did have the emissions listed, there would be a chance they want to charge me for emissions based tax.
Old 17 February 2023, 03:55 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

sampling 2x JDM cars with similar emission standards a MY04 Legacy has to pay whereas a MY06 FSTi doesn't...........

can guarantee the earlier Legacy is both more fuel efficient and offers better emissions in our experience

there again its so 'sensible' that I could use a V10 R8, V8 RR or whartever else that does sub 10mpg and happily comply.........
Old 17 February 2023, 04:05 PM
snakebite78
Scooby Newbie

Exactly. Ive got a 2004 WRX JDM and atm im paying around £210 per annum. If I look at the omissions quoted on my Independent COC which states 290 g/km it will push me into category K, which is £680pa or there abouts. Just cant win.
Old 17 February 2023, 06:58 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by snakebite78
Exactly. Ive got a 2004 WRX JDM and atm im paying around £210 per annum. If I look at the omissions quoted on my Independent COC which states 290 g/km it will push me into category K, which is £680pa or there abouts. Just cant win.
What for, road fund license? Shouldn’t be £680, anything category k is around £360pa unless it was registered after 21st march 2006, then it goes into the high tax after that date.