Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If I were to sell my track day car, should I put standard interior back?

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2020, 01:46 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts
Default If I were to sell my track day car, should I put standard interior back?

It's not up for sale, but I'm thinking of maybe getting rid in the new year, but it's a bit of a weirdo car tbh, so thinking if it's worth putting back to standardish interior-wise.

Currently it's got a weld in roll cage as it's my track day toy, with harnesses and "the lot" (no door cards , carpet etc). I also have most of a standard interior to put back in, except seats and headliner.

Does the scoobynet massive think it's worth putting it back to mainly standard interior-wise before selling? This would mean chopping the cage out, fitting carpets etc, or should I just leave it as it is?

The rest of the car is reasonable spec.. 2.1, PPG gearbox (the whiny one) , bigger brakes etc, so it's kind of track day ready as it is. I don't imagine anyone wants to drive around daily with a gearbox that whines more than the engine, so maybe that in combination with the cage makes it a better proposition than standard interior with the box only?

​​​​
Old 18 October 2020, 06:33 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

If its track focused like that then leave the interior mate. You said its a weirdo car, what is it lol
Old 18 October 2020, 09:05 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
If its track focused like that then leave the interior mate. You said its a weirdo car, what is it lol
Its not really weird as such, I guess, but it's grown organically as I've been playing with it.

It's currently best described as a caged/stripped 2003 WRX, 2.1 build, with a hybrid td04hl-19t and straight cut box. Probably running low 300s, but with excellent spool.

​​​​​​One "careful" owner, 46k miles
Old 18 October 2020, 11:06 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Not sure now is the time to be selling it based on spec mate, I'm sure you have seen some of the threads going on. But once all this covid stuff is over I'm sure you will have no issues selling it. Putting it back to standard might end up costing more than you would make. Get some pics up and lets see what others think
Old 19 October 2020, 09:03 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

Personally I think you should leave it as it is and sell it honestly. As a WRX, it will probably be worth more in its current spec anyway. I might even be tempted myself if I can sell a couple of my current hoard!
Old 19 October 2020, 09:26 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

@Henrik out of interest, why are you thinking of selling? Haven't you owned this from new, would be a shame to let it go as it must feel like a piece of the family now! I loved reading your project thread by the way.
Old 19 October 2020, 09:22 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Cheers guys - maybe I'll leave it as it is for now
Old 19 October 2020, 09:25 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by adam.pah
@Henrik out of interest, why are you thinking of selling? Haven't you owned this from new, would be a shame to let it go as it must feel like a piece of the family now! I loved reading your project thread by the way.
Thanks

I'm just not using it at the moment... To put it into perspective, Neil mapped the car last year around November / December, and then he mapped it again in June or July this year with THE SAME tank of fuel 😂

​​​​​​I'm thinking of either getting rid of it, and buying something more "family friendly, but fun" , or at least loosing half the cage so I can put normal seatbelts back in and take at least one kid to school occasionally.

You're right, though, it would be a shame... I've had it since July 2003..
The following users liked this post:
Old 19 October 2020, 09:31 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

But then family friendly and fun - is there such a thing for similar money? Don't think there is..
Old 20 October 2020, 09:58 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by Henrik
But then family friendly and fun - is there such a thing for similar money? Don't think there is..
Wagon.
Old 20 October 2020, 10:27 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Wagon.
I think he did that and his Mrs didn't like it lol. Keep it lol and make excuses to drive it loooooool
Old 20 October 2020, 07:02 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
I think he did that and his Mrs didn't like it lol. Keep it lol and make excuses to drive it loooooool
Haha yeah, the wagon didn't go down well the first time around, but now she'd have her own 7 seater 😁

A wagon wouldn't be so bad actually - maybe a blob onwards, with a blown engine and box so I could swap all the interesting bits over
Old 20 October 2020, 11:07 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Put interior back in and sell cage etc make extra cash. If its done low miles worth putting back to standard and selling off as many mods you can remove without too much effort. If your keeping it can't you get a cage that fits around the doors etc, so it can be used on a daily drive if needed?