New member to the Forums.

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2017, 03:18 AM
KennyNZ
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member to the Forums.

Hey,
am new to scoobynet and thought i'd just introduce my self. Hope its okay and look forward to getting to know the scooby community.

Am from New Zealand and grew up loving rally, and mainly our Championship was made up of old Subaru Impreza and Evos, which are really prominent here. So slowly started to fall in love with the Subaru's. I'v just started a car painting apprenticeship which is coming along sweet. Would like to know if there are any Kiwis out there would be cool to know what your projects are.

Recently I brought and old Subaru Legacy GL, 1992. I will post updates of my progress on here soon. For some reason I love being really cheap mainly because im broke, butttttt will be going for an RS type look mainly because I don't have $5,000 at the moment.

Cheers for reading, Kenny. (sorry for english, not my strong point.)
Old 22 December 2017, 09:20 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Nice, the RS has a 2.5 non turbo engine? What about the lancer coupe?

Always wanted one, only seem to have them in Australia, guessing they must have some where you live too?

Am I right in saying you don't need insurance? And no mot's? So anything is road legal?
Old 23 December 2017, 09:48 AM
KennyNZ
Scooby Newbie

I have not purchased an RS Legacy just an GX. It's exactly like an RS body wise but FWD and non turbo. Yeah there are a lot of old Subarus around New Zealand and I bet Ausi. Not too sure on the lancer coupe.

You're correct no need for insurance its all on you, so if something happens its out of your own pocket! No, We need a W.O.F (warrant of fitness) and Rego (Registration.) for our cars to be road legal. Police are really strict on these if they are not up to date.
Old 23 December 2017, 11:54 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

I meant the RS Impreza? As you said you wanted one. We never got them in the UK all 2.0 non turbo or 2.0 turbo.

I have a 2.0 non turbo aswell as turbo. The non turbo isn't great to drive. But bullet proof and great for winter.
Old 23 December 2017, 08:45 PM
KennyNZ
Scooby Newbie

Oh right yeah I meant an RS legacy look on my old Legacy GX 92 I brought. Pretty sure the RS are around just haven't seen too many of them I don't think.

Yeah my project will be a long one hopefully turbo and 4WD. Definitely are bulletproof mine has done 450,000km/ 280,000mil. Still going strong!!
Old 24 December 2017, 10:15 AM
Reinhold
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by KennyNZ
Hey,
am new to scoobynet and thought i'd just introduce my self. Hope its okay and look forward to getting to know the scooby community.

Am from New Zealand and grew up loving rally, and mainly our Championship was made up of old Subaru Impreza and Evos, which are really prominent here. So slowly started to fall in love with the Subaru's. I'v just started a car painting apprenticeship which is coming along sweet. Would like to know if there are any Kiwis out there would be cool to know what your projects are.

Recently I brought and old Subaru Legacy GL, 1992. I will post updates of my progress on here soon. For some reason I love being really cheap mainly because im broke, butttttt will be going for an RS type look mainly because I don't have $5,000 at the moment.

Cheers for reading, Kenny. (sorry for english, not my strong point.)

Great line, can't think of a better reason! Nau Mai
Old 24 December 2017, 11:30 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Wow really that's impressive. Non turbos do tend to last longer as less stress on engine. So your looking to change engine, are you good with mechanics?

Oh right yeah I meant an RS legacy look on my old Legacy GX 92 I brought. Pretty sure the RS are around just haven't seen too many of them I don't think.

Yeah my project will be a long one hopefully turbo and 4WD. Definitely are bulletproof mine has done 450,000km/ 280,000mil. Still going strong!!
Old 25 December 2017, 09:33 AM
KennyNZ
Scooby Newbie

Haha yeah its very true. Kia ora!
Old 25 December 2017, 09:37 AM
KennyNZ
Scooby Newbie

Guessing they would and what kind of person would drive it, am looking to probably in the future. At the moment will just being doing looks wise. Nope not to good on the mechanical side do have some mates that are, one of the reasons I joined here though for some good info.
Old 25 December 2017, 10:30 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Sell it and buy a turbo model. Wouldn't bother with conversation, by time you spent all the money on parts etc pointless. Just enjoy what you have for now and save up.

There's so much stuff you need and Subaru parts aren't cheap.

Can't really advise on what to save for as don't know New Zealand prices.

Guessing they would and what kind of person would drive it, am looking to probably in the future. At the moment will just being doing looks wise. Nope not to good on the mechanical side do have some mates that are, one of the reasons I joined here though for some good info.