Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pi$$ed off, just really pi$$ed off.....

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2002, 08:47 AM
kimera
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gutted for you m8, but sleep sound in the knowledge that the guy who did it has large green eyes and drives a modded corsa with peco big bore
Old 10 June 2002, 09:26 AM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

i say calm down and dont be pissed mate coz pissing makes u **** and makes u really pissed mad so cheer up and gies A SMILE
Old 10 June 2002, 10:30 AM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Moses

Old 10 June 2002, 10:37 AM
RICH WILD
Scooby Regular

W@nkers! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I really hate vandalism, it's the most senseless and pointless of crimes. Like those pea brains that smash up bus shelters. WHY?
Does it make them feel big?

I'd love to catch someone doing that to a car, I'd give them a right tw@ting!

Saw your car the other week m8 at the Ladybarn and it was lovely. (mine was the white 96)

Really winds me up this sort of thing. As Kimera says though, it's a crime of jealousy, so just be happy that you've got it and they haven't. (he probably has small genitals too - hence his insecurity)

Rich
Old 10 June 2002, 10:38 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Steve,
I've just had my car in to sort out a minor scratch on the passengers door.It was around 1 inch long and had took part of the paint off with it.The guy who sorted it told me the best way to fix minor scratches and is as follows:

Use clear lacquer to mask the scratch (And fill it!) and leave to dry for a couple of days.He used a stanley knife blade to apply it with a STEADY hand.Then T-Cut it and it should be un-noticeable.Not sure if this will work on yours though.You sure it's down to the metal??????

Good luck anyway! (£60 sounds reasonable anyway)

Nick
Old 10 June 2002, 10:44 AM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Rich

Thanks for the kind words. I remember your motor....Sweeet

When do you appear on M&M? Got to be soon now

Nick

Thx for advice and yes it was unfortunately down to the metal. Chipped to boot I think I will take the hit and leave it to the professionals. I'm kack handed at anything like this

Steve (look, still squeezing out a forced grin)
Old 10 June 2002, 12:12 PM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

Angry

Steve,
Sorry to hear that there are some real t0$$ers about.

£60 sounds reasonable I presume VAT is on top. I paid £80 plus VAT to have a bad scratch done on my rear bumper.

Is yours WR Blue? Mine is, and the company my local dealer got to do my bumper just did a local respay. I was not happy with it as the paintwork did not blend in with the original very well (it was dull where the rest is glossy), so it has gone in today to be done again properly in a paintshop.

They told me they hadnt done a WR blue before and some paints are better than others for matching when touching-up. WR Blue being bad!

Its cost me £169 for this now. although they have refunded me the original £80.

Hope this helps
Mark

Trending Topics

Old 10 June 2002, 12:24 PM
woodster1
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that m8. WHY do people do this sort of thing? No respect!

Who are dent wizard
Old 10 June 2002, 12:31 PM
MRK
Scooby Regular

Talking

Stevie bad, bad news man. These people should be put down along with the rest of their family, to stop the inherent defective genetics infecting the human race further [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I was thinking don't Tesco's have CCTV, and if they do you maybe able to get a good look at them and possibly even follow them to their car and get there reg. Just an idea.

Good luck with the repair. I often find that the repair saga is the most stressfull bit.

M
Old 10 June 2002, 12:47 PM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Thanks again for comments.

MRK....good call, I shall try giving them a call and see if this is the case. Must admit, never crossed my mind. Particularly like your genocide idea re these scumbags Bring it on...

Thx

Steve
Old 14 June 2002, 02:14 PM
robert27
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I know how you feel I have had two imprezas turbos now, my first was a two year old 1998 model, it was immaculate, so I like you ensured that I parked with plenty of space but somehow still managed to get loads of small'sharp dents in my rear nearside door, this probably wasn't intentional but then again there are some jealous dicks out there, I now have a new age WRX with quite a few mods ( I will post photo's if anyone would like to see it) it's just a year old I have had it from new so I am even more paranoid, sure enough I was cleaning my pride and joy the other week and yes there it was this ******* of a dent, some divvy inconsiderate numty **** had opened there door on my rear nearside door, these people should be shot at dawn. I think a lot of it is probably women loading/unloading there kids from fully open car doors. so the moral is try not to park next to any cars with child seats in them, unless it is another impreza. (at least you know it should be safe then)sorry for the rant but I thought it was a conspiracy against me. until I joined scooby net today 14/06/02
Old 14 June 2002, 03:09 PM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Robert,

My heart bleeds Doesn't it just Pi$$ you off though.

Steve
Old 14 June 2002, 03:34 PM
Trumble
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Gutted - same thing happed to me - I've just had bonnet / wings / bumper resprayed and some b*****D has done the rear wing with a key !

Where do these people get off - "if you can afford one then you can afford to repair it?" - give me a break a scoob is good value and not much money more than any reasonable family 4dr.

Sickening.

T.
Old 15 June 2002, 04:38 PM
WRX Baker
Scooby Regular

Angry

KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! WHILST PICKING UP MY BIRD IN TOWN ONE NIGHT SOME LITTLE PR$£K WITH ALL HIS MATES DECIDED TO KICK THE BACK PANEL OF MY CAR! NEARLY GOT MY HEAD KICKED IN WHEN I GOT OUT THE CAR BUT THE GUY WHO DID IT WASN'T SO BRAVE THE NEXT DAY WHEN I APPEARD AT HIS WORKS HIDE IN A STORE CUPBOARD WHAT A WAN£3R STILL HAVN'T FINISH WITH HIM YET! COST £300 QUID TO PUT MY SCOOBY RIGHT.
Old 15 June 2002, 09:47 PM
wolfey85
Scooby Newbie

YEAH I know exactly what you guys are talking about, I was at the local grocery store one day, made sure to park under the security camera, parked with one car on my drivers side and nothing on the passenger. Some d1ck came over and nicked my door, dented the metal, so i have to get it resprayed. I could kill the guy

Chris
2.5 RS
USA
Old 16 June 2002, 02:56 AM
Jay Impreza P1
Scooby Newbie

I know the feeling mate,
I had both sides keyed on my p1, all three panels.
New Bonnet where some tw@t fell on it, numerous dents where people open their doors without a care in the world.
It's gutting, more so coz who ends up having to pay for it to be fixed, us.
Old 17 June 2002, 10:36 AM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Jay,

I feel humble now complaining about a small scratch.

Well, the quote has come in. It is in such a position a 'simple' touch up won't do (or so I am being told).

Ready......................£320

Steve
Old 17 June 2002, 07:09 PM
Nate-old
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I have a theory about said Supermarkets ............ I ALWAYS park in the disabled or parent and child bays . Nice big bays with enough room either side to open doors fully without bashing my doors . Before anyone says ' you're taking a parking space away from a disabled person' .... My answer is this , either the supermarkets alot wider bays OR they WILL be held responsible for damage to my car whilst parked in their car park !!

Touch wood , I have not had any scrapes/dings from anyone else but myself being careless .....

Steve , I think it was a good thing you didn't catch whoever did it ... As you said, it could have ended up being your fault ..... Or worse still, if there was a gang , you could have been left injured !!
But unlucky mate with the bill

Nate.
Old 17 June 2002, 09:19 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

I've never had a car keyed but I just returned from holiday to find my car's boot parked in the back seat and empty space where it used to hang. A boy racer lost control and smashed into it while it was parked on the kerb side. Strange thing is I'm not even angry or upset, 18 days in Egypt have convinced me that apart from our standard of living, everything else has gone to the dogs. Our country is populated by ignorant, unpleasseant, selfish arseholes, though living in London you are statiscally more likely to meet the above.
Old 17 June 2002, 09:52 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

The other day I saw a police car and saw the words "Reducing crime, fear and disorder" written on it. I laughed out loud and the copper probably thought that I was crazy.

I wish the cops would start doing their job properly. Maybe the criminals would think twice of doing a crime if they thought the police had a chance of catching them. Instead, the crims know full well that all the police cares about is traffic offenses...
Old 17 June 2002, 10:03 PM
D Hill 555
Scooby Regular

Steve. Try Chips Away There Nationwide (I Think)Have Got My Locals No If U Want It.

Cheers David.
Old 06 October 2002, 08:05 AM
Steve 555
Scooby Regular

Angry

You won't believe how paranoid I am about where I park the car, who follows, who's around when I park etc.

On Saturday I parked my STi7 Prodrive on Tesco carpark in Bury with nothing on one side but a kerb and acres of space on the other. It was still like that when I returned and was well chuffed I had escaped the dreaded supermarket 'ding'

Later that day I decided to was the car (again) noticed with horror some tw@t had keyed my front nearside wing. This 'mark' is down to the metal and about 2 inches long. There is no mistaking it must have been malicous.
Why do these to$$ers get off by imparting such misery? Have they no respect for other peoples property. My car is just about one month old now and is going in for its 1000 mile on the 13th. I took it around to the dealers that afternoon to get a handle on how much. From all acounts they get a franchise company in similar to dent wizard but for scratces and stone chips and they 'repair' the mark. I have been told this will cost appx £60. Does this sound about right \ reasonable? Has anyone had any experience of such repairs? The only other option is a respray at £xxx.

Sorry to rant, they are lucky I did not catch them. I swear I would have killed them if I had cought them inflicting that pain on my pride and joy. I'm sure then the full weight of the law would have been on their side!

Steve

[Edited by Steve 555 - 6/10/2002 8:06:10 AM]