Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

My thought on UK

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2013, 08:36 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My thought on UK

So I've just came back from czech last Monday,bit of a hold up in Brussels at 4pm,nothing major though,gets on the 8pm ferry at Calais to Dover.walks to the cafe bar and orders a beer,sits down and relax and chill,group of people sit opposite me,and start talking cockney,I thought here we go.
Now I've been driving working and back in the UK since Tuesday night,and all its been is jnc closures,delays,road closures,and congestion,too many speed cameras.
I spent a few days in her village and it was like a weekend in the week day,people out on bicycles,out with friends and family enjoying the afternoon summer.she said yes we start work at 6am and finish at 4pm,I thought how great,I knew this already,but too just see it again,it kind of opens yours eyes to things,to how **** we have it here.we work and we work all hours,and for what,can anyone tell me what for.we must be absolute ******* idiots,I can buy a cottage in her village for 80k,I can rent a big studio apartment for 200 pound a month including utilities,and you would pay 800 to a grand here,for a little shoe box of a flat.
I'm already looking for property out there,soon as I'm more up on the language,I'm gonna stick two fingers up to this country and **** off.....
Old 13 July 2013, 09:21 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

If the Czechs are anything like the Russians I bet there is loads of slutty women there
Old 13 July 2013, 09:36 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DYK
So I've just came back from czech last Monday,bit of a hold up in Brussels at 4pm,nothing major though,gets on the 8pm ferry at Calais to Dover.walks to the cafe bar and orders a beer,sits down and relax and chill,group of people sit opposite me,and start talking cockney,I thought here we go.
Now I've been driving working and back in the UK since Tuesday night,and all its been is jnc closures,delays,road closures,and congestion,too many speed cameras.
I spent a few days in her village and it was like a weekend in the week day,people out on bicycles,out with friends and family enjoying the afternoon summer.she said yes we start work at 6am and finish at 4pm,I thought how great,I knew this already,but too just see it again,it kind of opens yours eyes to things,to how **** we have it here.we work and we work all hours,and for what,can anyone tell me what for.we must be absolute ******* idiots,I can buy a cottage in her village for 80k,I can rent a big studio apartment for 200 pound a month including utilities,and you would pay 800 to a grand here,for a little shoe box of a flat.
I'm already looking for property out there,soon as I'm more up on the language,I'm gonna stick two fingers up to this country and **** off.....
Grass and greener. But I get your point about us work,work,work.
Old 13 July 2013, 10:00 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
If the Czechs are anything like the Russians I bet there is loads of slutty women there
..........searching cheapflights.com
Old 13 July 2013, 10:14 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

If the path works out for you then good luck!
Old 14 July 2013, 12:06 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Sadly your not the first to see the country for what it is.. If i had the chance i would go.
Old 14 July 2013, 06:33 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Sadly your not the first to see the country for what it is.. If i had the chance i would go.

I had to laugh after getting off the ferry at Folkestone and headed for the M20,the sign board flashing M20 closed jnc 5 to 4.
I thought i've just drove from the south of Czech almost down by the Slovak border,across Germany and Belgium,little bit of France road problem free,Some parts of the motorway in Germany have got road works at the moment,been back in the country ten mins and already i'm getting road closures in my face.
We are wayyyyyy to over crowded in this country Robs,you can see it everywhere you go.
Old 14 July 2013, 06:42 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Lol, your a bit slow, I saw it 9yrs ago and fcuked off, i'm in Croatia, they work 7am till 3pm and just joined the EU so no problems with papers now.

Nice stone farm house on a hill for £25k all in.

**** working for a living, it's over rated.

The UK is a **** hole and has been for years and it will only get worse.
Old 14 July 2013, 07:02 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Lol, your a bit slow, I saw it 9yrs ago and fcuked off, i'm in Croatia, they work 7am till 3pm and just joined the EU so no problems with papers now.

To be honest i did see it back in 2005 when i first went to Czech,but being only about 24 at the time,it didn't really bother me much about having a place outside the UK etc,although it did cross my mind.Now i'm older and you start thinking about life more it suddenly hits you.Got to get more proficient on the language though,just nipping across to Czech over the last few year i can get by ok with what i know,but i would like to be more fluent in the language.She don't help much though,because she always speaks English to me...
Old 14 July 2013, 07:42 AM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

If it's so bad, why do so many foreign people aspire to come here? I'm genuinely puzzled.
Old 14 July 2013, 07:51 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK

Are you the guy who was meant to meet some Czech woman and it turned out she was taking it up the gary glitter from a couple of Italians?
Old 14 July 2013, 07:58 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Hi there

I've work in Czech Republic for few years and I'm personally from Slovakia(near Ukrainian borders).

Almost everyone who I know worked in Czech republic,just due our languages are very similar,but mainly there you are paid there much better than in Slovakia(yes if you are live near bigger cities,you can get better paid work,but still in Czech Republic is work paid better or this has been case few years back,not sure now)

I'm thinking go back to Czech republic and start there new life,I've still there few friends which will help me if I need.

Not sure what I can say on yours,but if you can have good paid work,go there and start live there for few months

Those few days doesn't show true colour of the living there,try and you will see if this life there is worth or not

Good luck there

Jura
Old 14 July 2013, 08:02 AM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

As a well experienced glibal traveler... ex-navalli...

There entire world is a shti hole.... The goal is to find a small part of it that makes you happy...

The simple and most useful fact about the uk is what you get that other countries do not have....

Walk in healthcare
excellence in education
technological normality.
Safe society..
Freedom of travel
freedom of speech

the list is long.... and open to interpetation and citisism....
Old 14 July 2013, 08:03 AM
nyscooby
Scooby Regular

Just go to india.. china.. iran.. siria.. to name a few to draw comparison.
Old 14 July 2013, 08:05 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Osimabu
If it's so bad, why do so many foreign people aspire to come here? I'm genuinely puzzled.
Many foreigner over here are just due better paid work,but when you are comparing life in Czech republic,there life is not so bad as in other post communist countries

I would ask you,if you will get better paid job in Australia or somewhere else,would you be prepare go there and start there?

Jura
Old 14 July 2013, 08:16 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The uk is the best country in the world, especially bringing up a familly - for all the reasons NYscooby has identified

You just need a 6 figure income to enjoy it
Old 14 July 2013, 08:24 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Indeed, being poor in the UK has always looked a pretty grim proposition, but if you are well off, it ticks a good few boxes.
Old 14 July 2013, 08:36 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

I've work in Czech Republic for few years and I'm personally from Slovakia(near Ukrainian borders).

Almost everyone who I know worked in Czech republic,just due our languages are very similar,but mainly there you are paid there much better than in Slovakia(yes if you are live near bigger cities,you can get better paid work,but still in Czech Republic is work paid better or this has been case few years back,not sure now)

I'm thinking go back to Czech republic and start there new life,I've still there few friends which will help me if I need.

Not sure what I can say on yours,but if you can have good paid work,go there and start live there for few months

Those few days doesn't show true colour of the living there,try and you will see if this life there is worth or not

Good luck there

Jura

Hi

i've been to Czech many times over the last eight years,and i also have few Czech friends who i have stayed with at their home in village.
But i take your point about working and living.
Old 14 July 2013, 08:39 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Are you the guy who was meant to meet some Czech woman and it turned out she was taking it up the gary glitter from a couple of Italians?

Yes my ex,but you're the one who came up with the thought of her taking in both holes from Italians..
Old 14 July 2013, 08:48 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

One brother in law lives in USA and the other one in Canada
Amazing lives they lead
The boy moved to Australia nearly 2 years ago
25k in the UK 85k ++ in Adelaide as a mental health nurse 36 hours per week
His girlfriend left a £100 a week job in the uk and get £500 working ona shop part time too
They aren't coming back as they spend half the week surfing and cycling

We have a place in Cebu which we can live for £50 a week ok ,the locals get £20 for working so no point in me working over there

Yes UK is a great county
You just have to be well paid to live here and not sure how many people could survive when they give up work or lost their jobs

I guess the immigrants come here for the benefits though
Old 14 July 2013, 09:10 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
One brother in law lives in USA and the other one in Canada
Amazing lives they lead
The boy moved to Australia nearly 2 years ago
25k in the UK 85k ++ in Adelaide as a mental health nurse 36 hours per week
His girlfriend left a £100 a week job in the uk and get £500 working ona shop part time too
They aren't coming back as they spend half the week surfing and cycling

We have a place in Cebu which we can live for £50 a week ok ,the locals get £20 for working so no point in me working over there

Yes UK is a great county
You just have to be well paid to live here and not sure how many people could survive when they give up work or lost their jobs

I guess the immigrants come here for the benefits though

I got a cousin who moved to Canada some years ago,but he works in Detroit,said would not even consider moving back to UK,and he has been in Canada got to be at least fourteen years now.My mate moved out to Canada in 2007 and has said same thing about not coming back to UK.He bought some land and now built a house,he said you know i could only dream of a house like this back in the UK.All his kids now drive and have cars,they couldn't afford car insurance in the UK and are all doing well in college.Christmas time he said we all get together with family and friends,go out on the quad bikes,do a bit of hunting and fishing and have a big party.
I got cousin out in New Zealand but don't really get to talk with them,Oklahoma got family.Non of them have ever came back to UK.
Old 14 July 2013, 09:21 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cster
Indeed, being poor in the UK has always looked a pretty grim proposition, but if you are well off, it ticks a good few boxes.
being poor in this country must be one of the worst experiences in the world
not only in monetary terms but culturally too, our poor are culturally and intellectually deficient in just about every measure, food, art, architecture, the list is endless – and to cap it all, in the final Coup de grâce -- sh1te weather

and they have the ever noring, gut wrenching feeling that the top 10% are just pulling away from “ordinary life”

and even with a job it is surviving, not living

that is why I never demonise our poor tbh

the only solace must be the cheapness of enormous flat screen TV's and reasonably reliable broadband – for the consumption of ****, and the above mention TV’s, all delivered by companies that have zero commitment to the country

and unholy sh1tstorm for the poor I am afraid

anyway, on this glorious day I am going to take the wife and all 5 kids to the yacht club for a sail and then a spot of lunch at the club
Old 14 July 2013, 09:52 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Really? As far I can see, the UK is a great place to be. If you are an idiot with no real prospects in life then you would be looked after, be that be benefits system or other means, trying comparing that to people from other parts of the world and the slums they end up in.

Exactly, its what you make of your time to be honest and what you do when youre not working. If youre working too hard and not enjoying the fruits of life then I'm afraid thats your problem not the countries.

There are very few countries I'd want my children to grow up in, the UK would be one of them. So many more opportunities and choices to be whatever you wanted to if you came from here. That people is a true fact.
Old 14 July 2013, 10:08 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

not only in monetary terms but culturally too, our poor are culturally and intellectually deficient in just about every measure, food, art, architecture, the list is endless – and to cap it all, in the final Coup de grâce -- sh1te weather

and they have the ever noring, gut wrenching feeling that the top 10% are just pulling away from “ordinary life”

One of the worst things about our country is the absolute contempt from anyone middle class or above to anyone they see as 'below them', i.e., the working poor or people on benefits. They are almost seen as sub-human, riddled with all sorts of moral failings, so much 'useless flesh'. They are robbed of dignity and loaded with blame.

The poor must obey different rules, the must be motivated by low pay and grateful for it. Nobody middle class would obey this rule.

I suppose this ties in with the British 'class system' to some extent, although most of it is tacit and subtle. I still find it very noticeable, more so after having traveled in other English speaking places like the US, and having lived in Oz.

Last edited by tony de wonderful; 14 July 2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 14 July 2013, 11:52 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Oh btw.

Are you looking for a farm labourer,I'll work from 7am till 3pm and in return for food and booze.just slip us a few kunas now and then,so can take my woman out
Old 14 July 2013, 12:23 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry chap I've only got just over half an acre (on purpose) I can buy 10kg of potatoes for about £1.50 and all other veg for similar level of cost, so pointless buying £10k worth of machines to work the land, although I do have tomatoes, chillies, peppers, corriander, parsley, rosemary and a bit of salad, i'll be buying a couple or three hundred kilos of grapes this year though to make wine and rakija, I might need a hand with that, not the making part, the drinking.

All I can say is it's a bloody hard life out here, just got back from the seaside and I might cut the grass later, after lunch and an afternoon napp.
Old 14 July 2013, 12:30 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
One of the worst things about our country is the absolute contempt from anyone middle class or above to anyone they see as 'below them', i.e., the working poor or people on benefits. They are almost seen as sub-human, riddled with all sorts of moral failings, so much 'useless flesh'. They are robbed of dignity and loaded with blame.

The poor must obey different rules, the must be motivated by low pay and grateful for it. Nobody middle class would obey this rule.

I suppose this ties in with the British 'class system' to some extent, although most of it is tacit and subtle. I still find it very noticeable, more so after having traveled in other English speaking places like the US, and having lived in Oz.
I'd suggest you didn't encounter any actual poor people on your travels

,but anyway let me swipe that walkers off your shoulder for now
Old 14 July 2013, 12:44 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Sorry chap I've only got just over half an acre (on purpose) I can buy 10kg of potatoes for about £1.50 and all other veg for similar level of cost, so pointless buying £10k worth of machines to work the land, although I do have tomatoes, chillies, peppers, corriander, parsley, rosemary and a bit of salad, i'll be buying a couple or three hundred kilos of grapes this year though to make wine and rakija, I might need a hand with that, not the making part, the drinking.

All I can say is it's a bloody hard life out here, just got back from the seaside and I might cut the grass later, after lunch and an afternoon napp.

I could deffo help with the drinking part,i do have to watch my figure though,but all of that probably won't matter after a couple jars .When her and me met up in Czech,she said i've put on weight since working in Italy,i said i can see you better control yourself.I've still got the bruise on my arm from where she slapped me.
Well at least the sun is out here in Blighty,and enjoying a nice salad and a few beers in the garden...
Old 14 July 2013, 04:54 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

You're a complete f*&^%$g moron
Old 14 July 2013, 05:04 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

You have obviously not travelled much then. Look up World Poverty and then tell me we have poor in the UK. The definition of poverty here is a joke.

Quick Reply: My thought on UK