Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fitting an 05 sti blob boot to a 06 wrx hawkeye?

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2015, 04:31 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fitting an 05 sti blob boot to a 06 wrx hawkeye?

Quick question

I thought id try and sti spoiler on my wrx as i dont like the wrx one. Ive manage to find a blob sti spoiler in 48w as ive been looking for one for a while but it doesnt seem to fit correct?

Ive swapped all the lock mech over etc but it seems to sit high, and doesnt lock properly i also cannot get th boot lever to work by the drivers seat.

Has anyone had a blob eye boot lid on a hawkeye? I did a little research before i bought it and was under the impression it was the same boot just different badging?

Just wondering weather to drill the wrx boot and fit the sti spoiler or spend more time trying to make the sti boot work

thanks
Old 02 September 2015, 04:46 PM
south_scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by McGoo
Quick question

I thought id try and sti spoiler on my wrx as i dont like the wrx one. Ive manage to find a blob sti spoiler in 48w as ive been looking for one for a while but it doesnt seem to fit correct?

Ive swapped all the lock mech over etc but it seems to sit high, and doesnt lock properly i also cannot get th boot lever to work by the drivers seat.

Has anyone had a blob eye boot lid on a hawkeye? I did a little research before i bought it and was under the impression it was the same boot just different badging?

Just wondering weather to drill the wrx boot and fit the sti spoiler or spend more time trying to make the sti boot work

thanks
Its def the way you fitted it the brackets. Ive had same problem in old cars its not an easy job imo. Alot of trial and error
Old 02 September 2015, 05:36 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by south_scoob
Its def the way you fitted it the brackets. Ive had same problem in old cars its not an easy job imo. Alot of trial and error
Ok thanks ill give it another go

Do you think its the brackets holding the boot on or do you think its the brackets holding the locking mechanism? Or a mixture of both?

Cheers
Old 02 September 2015, 05:41 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be just a straight swap over mate
Old 03 September 2015, 08:26 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by McGoo
Quick question

thanks

There is a small tab on the lock which when moved prevents the interior switch activating the boot lock. If you fit the STi Spoiler you will also need the beefier torsion bars that raise the boot.

The boot badges may be different but the hole for the boot lock is square and not round like the Blob. There is a Subaru supplied OE new Hawkeye boot lid on eBay for £36 - item number 201419630081.

Last edited by The Trooper 1815; 03 September 2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 03 September 2015, 03:31 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

I've got a 2005 sti bootlid in 48w with the square lock if need
Old 07 September 2015, 04:29 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
There is a small tab on the lock which when moved prevents the interior switch activating the boot lock. If you fit the STi Spoiler you will also need the beefier torsion bars that raise the boot.

The boot badges may be different but the hole for the boot lock is square and not round like the Blob. There is a Subaru supplied OE new Hawkeye boot lid on eBay for £36 - item number 201419630081.
i have found out about the tab on the lock and have made sure its in the right position but no joy..

I couldnt get the torsion bars as the seller said it was to hard to remove them and i didnt need them.. i did say i needed them but he said they were the same... the boot doesnt half slam shut now! i may have to try and get some.. how hard are they to remove?

I have the 05 blob boot with the square lock, i have swapped my lock over and it all fitted fine, i can open it with my key but not the interior boot lever and it just catches a little, im going to try and tweak it some more.
Old 07 September 2015, 04:30 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sarg400
I've got a 2005 sti bootlid in 48w with the square lock if need
i have an 05 blob boot with square lock already, but i may need the boot tension bars? do you have them?

thanks matty
Old 07 September 2015, 04:43 PM
Sarg400
Scooby Regular

sorry mcGoo I haven't
Old 08 September 2015, 09:45 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fitted an STI spoiler on my WRX, I replaced both of the torsion bars and the boot flew open, I now have 1 standard and 1 uprated bar fitted and the boot feels like it should
Old 10 September 2015, 07:44 AM
Markyscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BoozyDave
I fitted an STI spoiler on my WRX, I replaced both of the torsion bars and the boot flew open, I now have 1 standard and 1 uprated bar fitted and the boot feels like it should
Weird. yours is a genuine O.E. wing then? I swapped a 2005Blob rear boot onto my Hawk Spec D and it fitted perfectly. Both torsion bars fitted and it is sprightly lifting but with one of each I don't trust it to stay up.
Old 10 September 2015, 07:58 AM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it's a genuine blob sti spoiler.

when I pulled the boot release lever the boot flew open and nearly hit the back window. I was dubious fitting one of each at first, but I had to try it and it works well
Old 12 September 2015, 05:28 PM
McGoo
Scooby Regular

Its good to hear that you guys have got your blob boots to work on the hawk, i havmt had time to try and adjust my boot yet as ive been fitting my HSD's

I have spoken to the guy i got my boot of and hopefully he will be taking the torsion bars off and will send them to me so I will adjust the boot after that.