Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 09 September 2015, 09:07 PM
Jordan27
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel help

Hi guys, I know I haven't posted a lot (that will change once work and the project is underway). I need some help with wheels and sizes to get, I have a wrx hawkeye with the standard 17's at the minute. I have a full set of 235/40/R18 tyres hanging around so would like to get wheels to fit these if I can. Ive been looking at getting some rotas with a 9.5j width and an et35 offset. Now my question is will these fit onto the Scooby? Also I want to get coilovers eventually so will this size wheel cause me problems at a later date? If anyone could give me some advise that would be great

Cheers
Jordan
Old 09 September 2015, 09:15 PM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jordan27
Hi guys, I know I haven't posted a lot (that will change once work and the project is underway). I need some help with wheels and sizes to get, I have a wrx hawkeye with the standard 17's at the minute. I have a full set of 235/40/R18 tyres hanging around so would like to get wheels to fit these if I can. Ive been looking at getting some rotas with a 9.5j width and an et35 offset. Now my question is will these fit onto the Scooby? Also I want to get coilovers eventually so will this size wheel cause me problems at a later date? If anyone could give me some advise that would be great

Cheers
Jordan
Hello buddy,

Coilovers will help the set up, just depends how low you want to go. I had 245/40/18 on 18x9.5 rotas on my hatch and managed to get away with just 30mm lowering springs. You may get rubbing on the rears but for sake of the tyres/rim could just get them rolled. If you go stupidly low then you can expect fitement issues

Hope this helps
Old 09 September 2015, 10:03 PM
Jordan27
Scooby Newbie

Jamie your a saint that's a massive help! I wont be going for a massive drop as Ive got a large kerb going up onto my drive but that's exactly what I needed to hear rotas here we come haha

Thanks fella
Old 10 September 2015, 07:26 AM
JamieJerkovic
Scooby Regular

No worries buddy.. Theres plenty of info and pics regarding rotas on here just knowing what to search for lol

Be sure to put some photos up once done!
Old 12 September 2015, 07:45 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jordan27

Cheers
Jordan
Hi Jordan

As above Jamie said,you want to run coilovers as on springs or stock suspension those wheels will looks bit odd

Yes those wheels fit on yours,we are run Rota 9.55×18 ET38 with 245/40 R 18 on our wagon,but we are run 9J×17 ET20 with 255/40 R17.

With those wheels you will need to run more camber at front and at rear,somewhere over here I've posted my wheel alignment setup which should help you to setup,i would add camber bolts at front and rear,you will see how far you can go..

Yes as above I would roll arches at back mostly,please speak with Arch enemy,they're best

Depends on setup and how you want to have car lowered,but you will need raise at rear/back more than front,sometimes you don't need to run this,if you don't have rubbing at rear in very tight corners,if you will have rubbing at back then you will need raise back I would say 1 inch should be OK,we are run that and weare been OK.

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura