ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

re-mapping!

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2014, 12:08 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re-mapping!

afternoon,are there any recomendations for re-mapping in the east anglia area?thanks,ryan.
Old 15 June 2014, 04:15 PM
PhilWrx100
Scooby Regular

Hi, Racedynamix on here aka Duncan Graham is mobile and can travel to you. Did a great job to mine. Runs perfect
Phil
Old 15 June 2014, 07:17 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply mate.did you get your car on the dyno after?what were your mods and results?cheers,ryan.
Old 15 June 2014, 08:02 PM
300gnspitzer
Scooby Regular

He's done mine twice now, excellent results.
Old 15 June 2014, 08:54 PM
Inviroman
Scooby Regular

+1 for Duncan
Top man.
Old 15 June 2014, 09:49 PM
wardle88
BANNED

This any good to you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1814383276...84.m1586.l2649
Old 15 June 2014, 10:26 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

What work have you done??
Old 15 June 2014, 10:43 PM
PhilWrx100
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ryan51
thanks for the reply mate.did you get your car on the dyno after?what were your mods and results?cheers,ryan.
Hi Ryan.
Got an 05 Wrx. Was totally std. Put a full Sti ppp exhaust kit on including the Prodrive sports cat and decat Sti uppipe. 255 fuel pump/green filter panel and 3 port solenoid. Result on dyno(checked later as originally road mapped by Duncan) was 286bhp on std turbo. Pulls great
Phil
Old 16 June 2014, 06:17 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replys and link.yeh they both could be good options.i dont mind travelling,within reason to get the best option availible.thanks for your replys,ryan.
Old 16 June 2014, 09:54 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

racedynamix has mapped 2 of mine and I've been impressed with the results, both had pink injectors, full decat, vf35 turbo, big top mount. I didn't want to max everything out, so I told Dunc I was happy with 325/330 ish and that's what he gave me

this is a vid of my first one about 3 years ago, it was mapped by racedynamix and was on the rollers at Scooby clinic and made 325 bhp

my latest was mapped on the road and checked on the rollers at GR Performance, it made 330bhp
Old 17 June 2014, 05:56 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

thank you mate,positive comments about racedynamix.i understand a full decat is better but where does the law stand with them in the uk?in cyprus i had a cobra race on my vxr but had to take it off for the mot.is it the same in the uk?i imagine the police are a lot strictor back there aswell,cheers,ryan.
Old 17 June 2014, 02:07 PM
kontkret
Scooby Regular

Duncan, perhaps is very good at his work (looking at all the comments I can't really find unsatisfied people) but I have been disappointed when never come back to me answering to my quote request.
I send an e-mail (actually 2) around month ago asking for quote of mapping and coming to my place, I as well attached the list of the modifications and my expectations. Never heard any feedback.
Similar situation with for example GODSPEED, or the forum main wheel supplier, all those companies seems to have great feedback, but it is not necessary coming with the proper customer service.
I am just thinking if you have the problem to contact with them when you are trying to buy something from them or pay them I just think it might be even bigger problem when something will go wrong.
To be clear I am not saying those companies are bad or god either, but with such approach they are loosing lots of customers.
Old 17 June 2014, 02:14 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

funny you should say that,i actually emailed him yesterday i think,not heard back yet.i know he will be busy but a reply takes 30 seconds.sounds like he has a good reputation but if im being honest i would like somewhere that if it does go wrong i can take it back too with out chasing all over the uk.i agree with some of your points,are you talking about the same godspeed that supply brakes as there also on my to buy list,thanks,ryan.
Old 17 June 2014, 02:23 PM
kontkret
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ryan51
funny you should say that,i actually emailed him yesterday i think,not heard back yet.i know he will be busy but a reply takes 30 seconds.sounds like he has a good reputation but if im being honest i would like somewhere that if it does go wrong i can take it back too with out chasing all over the uk.i agree with some of your points,are you talking about the same godspeed that supply brakes as there also on my to buy list,thanks,ryan.
Yes it is the same provider.

You see the point I am trying to make here is basically if you don't have the time, to answer the email (which lets face it is the most common and convenient way of communicating) don't share it. I know everyone say, "you can phone him" but it is way more convenient to email and secure as well. If anything will go wrong you always have some evidence or proof of conversation.
Old 17 June 2014, 05:48 PM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

i agree,im not in a position to make phone calls as i work in the middle east so email is much better.
Old 17 June 2014, 06:05 PM
GONZO01
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently looking for a mapper to map my car aswell and I'm in conversation with Duncan also by email at the moment and I must say yes it takes a while for him to reply by email but I know for a fact he's extremely busy and from what I have heard his mapping is spot on and if there is ever a issue he will sort it and in my emails he's more than happy to answer my questions and offer advice so just that along with him being recommended is good enough for me and I'm not that bothered how long he takes to reply to my email as long as the job he does is spot on. I have had dealings/conversations with other mappers who have not replied to any of my emails or been willing to offer advice either and some of them come with so called excellent feedback!!!
Old 17 June 2014, 07:10 PM
wardle88
BANNED

any mapper that has the time to answer phone calls/emails quickly is spending too much time sitting around and not enough time with det cans on or meeting customers.

Dealt with Dunc for 5 years, never been quick to reply but never let me down either, and has mapped 10+ cars for us.
Old 17 June 2014, 07:29 PM
KP Nuts
Scooby Regular

+1 for Duncan top man
Old 17 June 2014, 09:23 PM
kontkret
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wardle88
any mapper that has the time to answer phone calls/emails quickly is spending too much time sitting around and not enough time with det cans on or meeting customers.

Dealt with Dunc for 5 years, never been quick to reply but never let me down either, and has mapped 10+ cars for us.
Not saying he isn't great mapper, but if you want to run a business would be good to communicate with customers.

IMHO what you said in no first place doesn't make whole lot of sense. If you running any business and treat your customer like with that approach, believe me they are frustrated. It taking usually just few minutes to answer. I am not asking for an poem, just few words. Especially that I sent him entire mods history, break in section, and so on, so on. I make as easy as possible and still newer heard anything from him.
The other so called recommended suppliers Godspeed - not only send enquirers through web email, I ve also sent PM to Ian here and additionally put the post in one of the threads he was active, that I had sent him PM.
What else I should do? Send a flare?
Old 18 June 2014, 08:00 AM
mikescooby
Scooby Regular

Ive used him many times. He is reliable and dont expect a email straight as he gets loads. He usually replies back in the evening as mostly travelling from place to place mapping during the day. If hes in the middle of mapping then he may not be able to answer his phone. I had it once were their was no answer but not realiseing he was on holiday.
Old 18 June 2014, 08:39 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi guys

really sorry just absolutely manic with work at the moment. Leaving home at 6am and not getting back til gone 11 a lot doesn't really leave much time for answering emails as mapping during the day means no access to emails and driving 70,000 miles a year doesnt mix well with writing 30 second replies

Ryan - saw your email come.in yesterday but was flat out and didn't get home til 11.30 pm and tbh was not going to reply at that time... Just wanted food and bed

text is by far and away the most convenient for me and these get the quickest responses as i can do these in between jobs during the day but there are days as a busy mapped when it is just not possible to answer all the texts (sometimes over 100 in a day), numerous phone calls (30+ missed calls yesterday alone), Facebook messages, emails, forum pms etc. I am sorry about that but would rather be mapping than sitting on laptop answering emails. These tend to be caught up on Saturday or Sunday when i don't generally map if the mrs hasn't got other plans

my mobile is 07540 185754 if you want to text or call.

Ryan - i will reply to yours late tonight after i get back from wales.
Old 18 June 2014, 09:28 AM
ryan51
Scooby Regular

mate thanks for the reply,will look forward to hearing from you,cheers,ryan.
Old 18 June 2014, 09:49 AM
kontkret
Scooby Regular

Hi Duncan,

Fair enough, although I ve sent you an e-mail around month ago If I re-send it today, any chance you could have a look on it (might be even on the weekend - I am up to map in August, but knowing you are very busy, some of my friends told me it is better to start talking with you way before)?

Anyway, I am glad you replay to this thread and explain the situation. Maybe it is a time to hire some scooby personal assistant?

Cheers,
Lucas
Old 18 June 2014, 11:28 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool no probs lucas

and yeah been looking at that if only to filter out the common questions like "what dump valve should i fit", "which oil is best", "what day of the week is the 24th" etc
Old 18 June 2014, 11:22 PM
kaine19
Scooby Regular

Before he replied i was gunna say. Best get him on his mobile. Replies to me no problems
Old 19 June 2014, 10:47 AM
imprezaworks
Scooby Regular

Just ring or txt him. Can never understand people moaning about not getting a reply via email. I've never met Duncan but my car was mapped by him. Asked him a couple of questions which he was more than happy to reply to.
Old 19 June 2014, 04:56 PM
kontkret
Scooby Regular

Ok, lets leave it. The most important thing is that Duncan, come back to me, and other clients, and give reason for delay in replaying. Lets move forward, and forget about it.
Duncan, as promised I've sent you an email again, will be more than grateful if you can have look on it and come back to me.

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Lucas
Old 19 June 2014, 09:17 PM
wardle88
BANNED

Duncan will be in the midlands on the 30th and theres still places available if anyone is interested.

http://midlandscoobyspares.freeforum...s-mapping-30th