VTS question...

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2005, 10:01 AM
dogboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation VTS question...

Hello,

Thought id ask the great welath of knowledge on here rather than the saxo sports forum...

My digi read out in the car keeps telling me that theres no oil in the car however the dipstick shows thats its filled to the max level.

Perhaps a sensor is playing up somewhere ...does anyone have any helpfull info about this.

Thnaks all,

DOg.
Old 03 August 2005, 11:13 AM
Cupramax
Scooby Regular

I have zero Saxo knowledge but you need a new oil level sensor by the sounds of it...
Old 03 August 2005, 09:28 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Does the gauge flit around when you're pushing on a bit? You'll probably find it's the electronics at the display end rather than the sensor end because it has no effect on the ecu at all.

I know. I have a VTS and the oil level/temp gauge is erratic at best, often flying off the top of the display and right out of sight but I've had everything checked and the problem is at the dash end.
Old 04 August 2005, 11:38 AM
dogboy1
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Jap2Scrap
Does the gauge flit around when you're pushing on a bit? You'll probably find it's the electronics at the display end rather than the sensor end because it has no effect on the ecu at all.

I know. I have a VTS and the oil level/temp gauge is erratic at best, often flying off the top of the display and right out of sight but I've had everything checked and the problem is at the dash end.
Thanks for that Jap 2 scrap... it was just a bit un-nerving seeing the guage show no oil at all, but the old trusty dip stick shows its ok. Seeing as the warranty is ue to run out soon is there anything else that commonly goes wrong that i should look out for? edited to add....ive still got to say thats its one of the best car ive ever driven, with superb handling so i'd hate to part with it really.

Cheers,

Dog.
Old 04 August 2005, 10:14 PM
Mike123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dogboy1
Thanks for that Jap 2 scrap... it was just a bit un-nerving seeing the guage show no oil at all, but the old trusty dip stick shows its ok. Seeing as the warranty is ue to run out soon is there anything else that commonly goes wrong that i should look out for? edited to add....ive still got to say thats its one of the best car ive ever driven, with superb handling so i'd hate to part with it really.

Cheers,

Dog.
My wife and I had a Saxo VTS from brand new. It was a T-reg and one of the first delivered with the 15" wheels ( although we didn't like them and so got the dealer to swap a set of 14" ones off a VTR - the lad picking up his new VTR was over the moon! )

It was a cracking car and unlike some people we didn't have any big probs with it.
The 2 problems we had with it were
1. Lambda sensor failed after 2 years causing poor power delivery and stalling
2. Oil temp sender failed ( also fixed under warranty )

On our T-reg car the oil temp/ oil level gauge was a shared facility i.e. when you started the car the gauge would light up and shooot to the top to show the oil level. After a few seconds the light would go out and the gauge reverted back to it's main function as an oil temp gauge (e.g if car was cold needle would dropback to bottom of scale but if warm gauge would only drop to appropriate place on gauge ).

We had some great drives in it and my wife still misses the car.
Old 09 August 2005, 08:04 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dogboy1

Cheers,

Dog.
Can't really think of anything specific. The coil packs are known to go but you'd know if that was on its way out. Other than that they either work or they don't generally.

A minor issue seems to be the wiring under the driver's seat for the Airbag warning light. I've heard of a few with dodgy connections causing the warning to light up (an MOT failure) and mine does it if I fiddle about under the seat enough.