Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Getting rid of Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2004, 02:30 PM
Sugardaddyluvin
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Getting rid of Boxster S

I'm thinking of trading in my boxster S for a new Impreza STI as the Porsche Dealer over here in N.Ireland is useless. Last year it went in for a service costing £1,000 and 2 days later got an oil leak. This year went in for a service and paid extra for a pre MOT check and last Thusday failed its MOT because the discs for the handbrake had worn out. Went into the delaer today to get the handbrake fixed and they have to order the parts. Are the subaru dealers any good? and do you get much problems with the cars? Other cars I'm considering are -

* Used M3 or 330CI clubsport (but worried they might look dated next year when the new 3 series comes out).
* Used Black CLK 320 ( people say i'm too young to drive one.Old mans car)
* EVO VIII ( cant be bothered getting it serviced every 4,000 miles)
Old 07 September 2004, 02:36 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Subaru dealers are like any other marque's - some good, some bad. The cars are generally quite reliable.
Old 07 September 2004, 05:27 PM
Andy M3
Scooby Regular

i was told a story by a guy that runs the BMW club locally -

He borrowed a BMW M3 CSL and he swears it is the best car he has ever driven (among others he drives a E30 Evo Sport - UK car) he couldn't believe how agressive it was when accelerating yet very sedate (although still quite noisy) when in the low revs - very well balanced, and best of all they haven't sold well and low millage bargins are out there to be had -

There are other cars for the money, but driver pleasure / £££ you can't beat it !!!

Awesome machine
Old 07 September 2004, 05:38 PM
Jiggerypokery
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Originally Posted by Sugardaddyluvin
I'm thinking of trading in my boxster S for a new Impreza STI as the Porsche Dealer over here in N.Ireland is useless. Last year it went in for a service costing £1,000 and 2 days later got an oil leak. This year went in for a service and paid extra for a pre MOT check and last Thusday failed its MOT because the discs for the handbrake had worn out. Went into the delaer today to get the handbrake fixed and they have to order the parts. Are the subaru dealers any good? and do you get much problems with the cars?
... and because they are the only one in the country they know they have you over a barrel. Get a second opinion on the work which the Porsche garage suggests and you may be surprised at what doesn't actually need doing. At least you'll have more choice when it comes to subaru dealers.
Old 07 September 2004, 07:15 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

shock - IA MB are just as bad