Search this Thread

Old 24 February 2004, 08:33 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Bloody VW Dealers!

Hi Guys

Just want your opinions on this please

12 weeks ago my girlfriend orderd a new 1.4 petrol polo twist. Now the dealer has not contacted us with delivery dates etc and have there customer service has been sh*t then today they have phoned up out of the blue and said we have the car but made a mistake and its the 1.4TD not petrol. Now they are searching for a petrol but I think my missus should take the TD as long as there is no price increase. (List is about £500 more expensive than the petrol). The problem is she does not do many miles and wants something a bit nippy. Has anyone been in a similar situation and did they manage to renegotiate foe something they didnt really want in the first place.
Any one driven a polo diesel?

Cheers
Sorry to be a pain but this has been the most painfull experience of buying a car I have ever had!
Old 24 February 2004, 09:34 PM
Simon S3
Scooby Regular

Hello mate,

I`ve had a car come through with the wrong options (I wanted A/C, it had climate) but not the wrong car in total.

I`d go to the dealer and tell them that you`ll take the TDI (It`s a better car) but for the price of the petrol. If they agree fine, if they don`t, ask for your deposit (I take it you still have a copy of the order form?) and walk away.

The Polo TDI is OK, the engine is a bit gruff (3 cylinder as used in the Audi A2) but it goes well enough and will be easy to sell in the future. VW dealers are **** poor but don`t let them mess you around (They`ll be too busy trying to shift Mk5 Golfs, which are selling as well as dog turds, to have a fight with you).

Good luck!
Old 24 February 2004, 09:54 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

as above but also mention you might submit your story to What Car Magazine etc - that'll get them sweating LOL
Old 24 February 2004, 09:55 PM
scoobymanWRC
Scooby Regular

Wink

Id agree and say the Polo TD will actually be the better car, if you're happy with it then take it for the same cost as a petrol and if this is not possible just cancel and get your deposit refunded.

Ive got to say, as someone who works for a main dealer ive never come across a wrong car ordered and cant see how it is possible. Cant speak for this dealer, but our computer systems would spot if wrong car was input as the prices and and road taxs wouldnt tally for example.

I suspect it DIDNT get ordered rather than wrongly ordered...

I think the best solution is to get your money back and buy a Honda Jazz from me, much better car

sanj.
Old 24 February 2004, 10:50 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

I have a feeling that it was never ordered too. If they dont play ball I will get the deposit back and go straight to the toyota garage I think. (Rav4 looks very favourable)
Old 25 February 2004, 06:02 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Ive got to say, as someone who works for a main dealer ive never come across a wrong car ordered and cant see how it is possible. Cant speak for this dealer, but our computer systems would spot if wrong car was input as the prices and and road taxs wouldnt tally for example.
At a local VW dealer, the overall Brand Manager is responsible for ALL orders. He managed to order completely the wrong car!

This is how he earns his £60K a year!
Old 25 February 2004, 06:16 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

I think the best solution is to get your money back and buy a Honda Jazz from me, much better car
Nothing wrong with a bit of sales pitch is there??
dave
Old 25 February 2004, 06:47 PM
Allan
Scooby Regular

I had a new polo as a courtesy car last time, was convinced by the noises it was making it was a diesel, was stunned to find out it was a petrol. Nicely screwed together though.

If you haven't already I would suggest you drive both.

Allan
Old 25 February 2004, 07:08 PM
T-1000
Scooby Regular

My girlfriend has just got a call from the manager of the garage he said he is deal with it from now on and he is trying hard to locate the ordered car. He apologised for there incompetence! about time too! Still going to try and get some extra goodies!
Old 25 February 2004, 07:35 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

Go for carpet mats, mud-flaps, alloys (if it hasnt already) multi changer cd.

Make em squirm
Old 25 February 2004, 10:59 PM
Ian D
Scooby Regular

Plus a full tank of fuel, plus extra warranty if they do them...