Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Stag Do 'day' ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 21 May 2002, 08:43 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help. Have got a stag do to organise.

Am pretty much OK for the evening/night (bars, lap dancing, night club and finishing off with an 'abduction team' that will strip him to his trolleys and dump him seemingly miles from nowhere but will actually be some very sheltered woodland 300 yds from where I live ).

Problem is the day time. It has to be on a Friday (end July) and most of the Go-carting/Paintballing/Outdoor pursuits places are either not open, or booked up with corporate functions. Anyone got any classic tales or great ideas of daytime events? otherwise we'll have to sit in the pub all day
Old 21 May 2002, 08:53 AM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jonathon Palmer driving day at Bedford mate, hell of a day, but expect to pay around £500 per head. IMHO well worth it mate

Cheers Phill C
Old 21 May 2002, 09:09 AM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Yamaha Off-Road school. Don't have to have a bike licence, or even have ridden much before. All clothing/helmets provided.

You'll all be TOTALLY knackered but will have enjoyed it.

http://www.yamaha-schools.co.uk/experience.htm

Bros
Old 21 May 2002, 09:10 AM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Gary,
If the Lakes isn't too far, a few years ago a mate of mine had a stag do up there and we ended up karting at a place just of the M6. Not your normal kart track but through cow sheds, mud, tarmac etc. V. dirty/smelly but great fun. If you're interested I'll try and find details/numbers etc.
Old 21 May 2002, 10:02 AM
Toerag
Scooby Regular

On my hols last week I went to alton towers on a thursday, then billgwynne rallyschool in brackley on the friday, then quad bike safari near exeter on the saturday, followed by clubbing in plymouth. Boy was I knackered, but they were great fun!
Old 21 May 2002, 12:51 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Why not sky-diving/parachuting lessons? Dunno if his other half would like him doing that few days before the big day though
Old 21 May 2002, 01:00 PM
3times
Scooby Regular

Best to go away for a weekend to somewhere exotic like Hamburg or Amsterdam.

Have been to Amsterdam last year and this and am returning to Hamburg at the beginning of June.

Looking at around £160 for 2 nights accom and flight plus beer money and extras.

Not everyones cup of tea but I am a perverted pi**head.

Also looking to go to Spain for a stag weekend in September. Should cost about the same.
Old 21 May 2002, 01:29 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I took a bunch of budget conscious 'stags' for a day out on a f'ing big yacht (Maiden) around the Solent. None of them had been on boats before and really enjoyed it, wentr for lunch in Cowes on the IOW, then went pub crawling after that. Cost of the boat was about £50 each.
Problem is that the north west is possibly not the ideal place to arrange that sort of thing...
It was different though.
Old 21 May 2002, 01:37 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Quad biking?
Micro-lighting? (excellent, but might be hard to find)
A day at the races?
Canoeing?

just some ideas...

Rich

Old 21 May 2002, 03:37 PM
Jodster
Scooby Regular

Grab a tent and some sleeping bags and drive down to Le Mans for the 24hr race in three weeks time. Cars, beer and flatulence in a confined space. Ticket to watch warm-up and race is normally about 35 squid.

[Edited by Jodster - 5/21/2002 3:39:13 PM]
Old 21 May 2002, 04:14 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

We went on a stag do last Saturday which was basically an all day and all night pish up - fantastic! Whilst we were in the first pub a group of 'pirates' & 'vikings' came in also on a stag do (loads of manly blokes wearing skirts...oh yes ) They'd hired two narrowboats for the weekend and were boating up river stopping at all the pubs for drinking games They left us and continued up river stealing a damsel from the next lock and taking her with them (they let her go eventually!)

We thought it looked like a laugh so went and got my mates two narrowboats and followed them to the next pub. Unfortunately we never got any further due to total inebriation but as far as I know the vikings and pirates continued up river. The next day they were planning to moor up near a golf course for a round or two.

Sal
Old 21 May 2002, 04:21 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Motorsport events for a stag day!?! Are u lot insane? they'll all be paralytic lol, or should be
Old 21 May 2002, 04:46 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

A couple of years ago I did an afternoon in off-shore rigid inflatables for a stag-do (actually from Lowestoft on the north sea)

Very Very good fun - until we shredded one of the gearboxes - Full forward to full reverse

Got full dry suits so perfectly dry and warm. Stopped for a pint at Southwold as well.

Deano

[Edited by dsmith - 5/21/2002 4:55:31 PM]
Old 21 May 2002, 08:59 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys - keep them coming!

Had planned to go to Hamburg, but most of the guys have limited financial means so any major outlay would preclude most from coming. Don't mind funding an amount, but 10-15 return flights is a bit much

Have been to the outdoor place off the M6, its called Rooking House Farm (IIRC) been a few times, and is an idea, but it is 80 miles away so a bit far when we have a night on the ale etc to get back for!!

Paintballing and Quadbiking are a great ideas - I did that for my Stag do, but for that reason want to do something a bit different.

Thought I had it with 80mph twin engined carts at 3 sisters (mile long outdoor course), but they don't do 'days' during the week