Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bloody immigrants!

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2013, 11:53 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody immigrants!

Have been trying to get two very large evergreens removed from my garden as last year with the wet summr they both partially fell over and my efforts to rescue them have been fruitless.

Called 4 local tree outfits. 3 didn't turn up to give an estimate and the 4th did and quoted £300 for the job including removing everything and tidying up a few other bits and pieces.

We shook hands and he duly turned up 3 days later and partially cut down one tree before leaving saying he'd be back the next day.... he never returned and didn't reply to my phone message. I didn't pay him a bean so no worries there, but I now had a wrecked tree all over the place.

In the supermarket on the weekend I saw an ad for gardening servies so called them. Geordie lad with a East European workforce. Spoke to him at 11am yesterday. He said did I mind them working in the evening? Of course not I said so after working on another job until 4:30pm yesterday they all turned up here at 5pm... 4 of them and the Geordie manging the procedure. Job done and perfect by 8:30pm. All rubbish removed ... £280!!!

The lad told me he has never been so busy and these bloody useless workshy sponging immigrants are happy to work any time. He pays them £9-£10 an hour and they are happy to work 50/60 hours a week. When he had a group of Brits working for him he said it was nothing but trouble!

This is the second time I have encountered this sort of story recently. Makes you wonder really!
Old 11 June 2013, 12:03 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Mmmmmm wonder how much tax they’re paying or what kind of health and safety they adhere to. I wonder if Geordie boy has public and employers liability insurance. Fair enough you got an efficient job done but what if they had damaged you or your property?
Old 11 June 2013, 12:04 PM
Ed-EG
Scooby Regular

It's the sad truth these days mate, too many Brits won't get off their asses and work! Everyone complains about their jobs being taken, but when the immigrants have a better work ethic it's no surprise really.
Old 11 June 2013, 12:11 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobeenut
Mmmmmm wonder how much tax they’re paying or what kind of health and safety they adhere to. I wonder if Geordie boy has public and employers liability insurance. Fair enough you got an efficient job done but what if they had damaged you or your property?
LOL, well I have a VAT invoice and he is a limited company so you can hope.
Old 11 June 2013, 12:12 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ed-EG
It's the sad truth these days mate, too many Brits won't get off their asses and work! Everyone complains about their jobs being taken, but when the immigrants have a better work ethic it's no surprise really.
It does seem to be the case for some that's for sure. All I can say is the job was done well and they were all polite and seemed happy to be busy! I think it's called a work ethic
Old 11 June 2013, 12:23 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Unfortunately your home grown will miss out on Jeremy kyle reruns so it's no go

Unless it's easy money no questions asked
Old 11 June 2013, 12:27 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
He pays them £9-£10 an hour and they are happy to work 50/60 hours a week.
Are you happy to do that F1? Is it good that we have a society full of transient workers who care little for civic responsibilities and their community (because they will go home in a few years)? Is it good for social stability and well being?
Old 11 June 2013, 12:33 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Are you happy to do that F1?
Do what? Work 50/60 hours a week? Already do thanks!

Is it good that we have a society full of transient workers who care little for civic responsibilities and their community (because they will go home in a few years)?
How do you know whether they care or not? Anyway from what I have seen there is a growing proportion of the natives that care just as little! Like the natives some immigramnts will be good, some will be bad, some will stay, some won't.

IIs it good for social stability and well being?
What socail stability and wellbeing? From here you can drive to Burnley, Bolton, Oldham and Blackburn and see whole areas in decline, some are populated by immigrants and some by natives... some are good some are bad.... it's not a case of all the natives are bad or all the immigrants are bad... some people just don't give a **** no matter what their race!
Old 11 June 2013, 12:33 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Are you happy to do that F1? Is it good that we have a society full of transient workers who care little for civic responsibilities and their community (because they will go home in a few years)? Is it good for social stability and well being?
Hopefully they'll stay, perhaps even engender some self repec into the local work force, you never know
Old 11 June 2013, 12:35 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Unfortunately your home grown will miss out on Jeremy kyle reruns so it's no go

Unless it's easy money no questions asked
Without trying to be racist, the stats shows that one major immigrant group is the least 'economically active'.
Old 11 June 2013, 12:37 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Oh really, which one would that be
Old 11 June 2013, 12:37 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Whenever I go to my local supermarkets I feel like I'm on holiday
But go to Meadowhall, Trafford Park, Chesire Oaks etc and you'll be lucky to hear the non english !! Why do you suppose that is ?
Old 11 June 2013, 12:38 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

How do you know whether they care or not? Anyway from what I have seen there is a growing proportion of the natives that care just as little! Like the natives some immigramnts will be good, some will be bad, some will stay, some won't.
The eastern euros who earn peanuts and work long hours are happy to do this because they send money home to a place where living is cheap. There don't plan on being here permanently.

But you want local Britons who are expected to pay for families, pensions, houses, in an expensive country, to compete with them? It's manifestly unfair in some ways.
Old 11 June 2013, 12:49 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they only work evenings as they need to sign on in the daytime
Old 11 June 2013, 12:52 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

The eastern euros who earn peanuts and work long hours are happy to do this because they send money home to a place where living is cheap. There don't plan on being here permanently.

But you want local Britons who are expected to pay for families, pensions, houses, in an expensive country, to compete with them? It's manifestly unfair in some ways.
Sweeping generalisations there I think.

At the end of the day the guy is paying at least £3 over minimum wage (hardly peanuts) for relatively unskilled labour.... if a native Brit thinks that is grossly unfair then may I suggest he/she visits the planet's surface

Last edited by f1_fan; 11 June 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11 June 2013, 12:53 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
they only work evenings as they need to sign on in the daytime
LOL, na they're down t'mine 7 while 5
Old 11 June 2013, 12:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I've noticed supermarkets charge similar prices no matter where ever you are
Old 11 June 2013, 02:01 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Have been trying to get two very large evergreens removed from my garden as last year with the wet summr they both partially fell over and my efforts to rescue them have been fruitless.

Called 4 local tree outfits. 3 didn't turn up to give an estimate and the 4th did and quoted £300 for the job including removing everything and tidying up a few other bits and pieces.

We shook hands and he duly turned up 3 days later and partially cut down one tree before leaving saying he'd be back the next day.... he never returned and didn't reply to my phone message. I didn't pay him a bean so no worries there, but I now had a wrecked tree all over the place.

In the supermarket on the weekend I saw an ad for gardening servies so called them. Geordie lad with a East European workforce. Spoke to him at 11am yesterday. He said did I mind them working in the evening? Of course not I said so after working on another job until 4:30pm yesterday they all turned up here at 5pm... 4 of them and the Geordie manging the procedure. Job done and perfect by 8:30pm. All rubbish removed ... £280!!!

The lad told me he has never been so busy and these bloody useless workshy sponging immigrants are happy to work any time. He pays them £9-£10 an hour and they are happy to work 50/60 hours a week. When he had a group of Brits working for him he said it was nothing but trouble!

This is the second time I have encountered this sort of story recently. Makes you wonder really!
Three sides to every story.

Company needed a deep clean on some heavy machinery and signed up some Polish guys to do same. They didn't last until Lunch time and walked off site. Some local guys completed the job. I heard the Polish guys didn't realise it would be such dirty work.

At least you got some work done for free off the first outfit.
Old 11 June 2013, 02:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Perhap's people just want workers who can be trusted to do a good job for a fair price!

Les
Old 11 June 2013, 05:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mouser
Three sides to every story.

Company needed a deep clean on some heavy machinery and signed up some Polish guys to do same. They didn't last until Lunch time and walked off site
You didn't talk to them did you, if so I am not surprised they left?
Old 11 June 2013, 05:29 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

We get agency in at our place and most are terrible , don't like working and can't speak a word of English. They quickly get sent home .

We probably get through 10 before we find a decent one
Old 11 June 2013, 05:40 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Well I find them great and I think from now on I am only going to use immigrants. F**k the natives, most of them are scum anyway
Old 11 June 2013, 05:46 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Well I find them great because they are so cheap and I'm a miserable ******
EFA
Old 11 June 2013, 05:53 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

One day. We will own you
Old 11 June 2013, 05:57 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Face it, at least they don't sit around popping kids and watching JK all day. Furthermore at least the EU's are good mannered family type of people who have not been infected with the Chav virus.

Natives think they are worth too much simple as. They need to be stripped of some of their fancy rights and get back in the real world.
Old 11 June 2013, 05:58 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
Natives think they are worth too much simple as. They need to be stripped of some of their fancy rights and get back in the real world.
This ^^^^^^ Doesn't aply to all, but to a lot!
Old 11 June 2013, 06:17 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

One day. We will own you
And you'll still be a sack.
Old 11 June 2013, 06:20 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mouser
And you'll still be a sack.
And you will still take it standing up
Old 11 June 2013, 06:33 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

And I'll still take it standing up
Sorted
Old 11 June 2013, 07:16 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, well I have a VAT invoice and he is a limited company so you can hope.
9/10quid an hour you say and VAT registered. The sums in my opinion don't add up to be being in anyway profitable if done legit.

Quick Reply: Bloody immigrants!