ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bloody immigrants! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/977269-bloody-immigrants.html)

f1_fan 11 June 2013 11:53 AM

Bloody immigrants!

Have been trying to get two very large evergreens removed from my garden as last year with the wet summr they both partially fell over and my efforts to rescue them have been fruitless.

Called 4 local tree outfits. 3 didn't turn up to give an estimate and the 4th did and quoted £300 for the job including removing everything and tidying up a few other bits and pieces.

We shook hands and he duly turned up 3 days later and partially cut down one tree before leaving saying he'd be back the next day.... he never returned and didn't reply to my phone message. I didn't pay him a bean so no worries there, but I now had a wrecked tree all over the place.

In the supermarket on the weekend I saw an ad for gardening servies so called them. Geordie lad with a East European workforce. Spoke to him at 11am yesterday. He said did I mind them working in the evening? Of course not I said so after working on another job until 4:30pm yesterday they all turned up here at 5pm... 4 of them and the Geordie manging the procedure. Job done and perfect by 8:30pm. All rubbish removed ... £280!!!

The lad told me he has never been so busy and these bloody useless workshy sponging immigrants are happy to work any time. He pays them £9-£10 an hour and they are happy to work 50/60 hours a week. When he had a group of Brits working for him he said it was nothing but trouble!

This is the second time I have encountered this sort of story recently. Makes you wonder really!

scoobeenut 11 June 2013 12:03 PM

Mmmmmm wonder how much tax they’re paying or what kind of health and safety they adhere to. I wonder if Geordie boy has public and employers liability insurance. Fair enough you got an efficient job done but what if they had damaged you or your property?

Ed-EG 11 June 2013 12:04 PM

It's the sad truth these days mate, too many Brits won't get off their asses and work! Everyone complains about their jobs being taken, but when the immigrants have a better work ethic it's no surprise really.

f1_fan 11 June 2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by scoobeenut (Post 11117013)
Mmmmmm wonder how much tax they’re paying or what kind of health and safety they adhere to. I wonder if Geordie boy has public and employers liability insurance. Fair enough you got an efficient job done but what if they had damaged you or your property?

LOL, well I have a VAT invoice and he is a limited company so you can hope.

f1_fan 11 June 2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Ed-EG (Post 11117015)
It's the sad truth these days mate, too many Brits won't get off their asses and work! Everyone complains about their jobs being taken, but when the immigrants have a better work ethic it's no surprise really.

It does seem to be the case for some that's for sure. All I can say is the job was done well and they were all polite and seemed happy to be busy! I think it's called a work ethic :thumb:

dpb 11 June 2013 12:23 PM

Unfortunately your home grown will miss out on Jeremy kyle reruns so it's no go

Unless it's easy money no questions asked

tony de wonderful 11 June 2013 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11117006)
He pays them £9-£10 an hour and they are happy to work 50/60 hours a week.

Are you happy to do that F1? Is it good that we have a society full of transient workers who care little for civic responsibilities and their community (because they will go home in a few years)? Is it good for social stability and well being?

f1_fan 11 June 2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11117046)
Are you happy to do that F1?

Do what? Work 50/60 hours a week? Already do thanks!

Is it good that we have a society full of transient workers who care little for civic responsibilities and their community (because they will go home in a few years)?

How do you know whether they care or not? Anyway from what I have seen there is a growing proportion of the natives that care just as little! Like the natives some immigramnts will be good, some will be bad, some will stay, some won't.

IIs it good for social stability and well being?

What socail stability and wellbeing? From here you can drive to Burnley, Bolton, Oldham and Blackburn and see whole areas in decline, some are populated by immigrants and some by natives... some are good some are bad.... it's not a case of all the natives are bad or all the immigrants are bad... some people just don't give a sh1t no matter what their race!

dpb 11 June 2013 12:33 PM

Are you happy to do that F1? Is it good that we have a society full of transient workers who care little for civic responsibilities and their community (because they will go home in a few years)? Is it good for social stability and well being?

Hopefully they'll stay, perhaps even engender some self repec into the local work force, you never know

tony de wonderful 11 June 2013 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11117037)
Unfortunately your home grown will miss out on Jeremy kyle reruns so it's no go

Unless it's easy money no questions asked

Without trying to be racist, the stats shows that one major immigrant group is the least 'economically active'.

dpb 11 June 2013 12:37 PM

Oh really, which one would that be

DARB 11 June 2013 12:37 PM

Whenever I go to my local supermarkets I feel like I'm on holiday :)
But go to Meadowhall, Trafford Park, Chesire Oaks etc and you'll be lucky to hear the non english !! Why do you suppose that is ? :wonder:

tony de wonderful 11 June 2013 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11117054)
How do you know whether they care or not? Anyway from what I have seen there is a growing proportion of the natives that care just as little! Like the natives some immigramnts will be good, some will be bad, some will stay, some won't.

The eastern euros who earn peanuts and work long hours are happy to do this because they send money home to a place where living is cheap. There don't plan on being here permanently.

But you want local Britons who are expected to pay for families, pensions, houses, in an expensive country, to compete with them? It's manifestly unfair in some ways.

tubbytommy 11 June 2013 12:49 PM

they only work evenings as they need to sign on in the daytime ;)

f1_fan 11 June 2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11117062)
The eastern euros who earn peanuts and work long hours are happy to do this because they send money home to a place where living is cheap. There don't plan on being here permanently.

But you want local Britons who are expected to pay for families, pensions, houses, in an expensive country, to compete with them? It's manifestly unfair in some ways.

Sweeping generalisations there I think.

At the end of the day the guy is paying at least £3 over minimum wage (hardly peanuts) for relatively unskilled labour.... if a native Brit thinks that is grossly unfair then may I suggest he/she visits the planet's surface :lol1:

f1_fan 11 June 2013 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11117085)
they only work evenings as they need to sign on in the daytime ;)

LOL, na they're down t'mine 7 while 5 ;)

dpb 11 June 2013 12:56 PM

I've noticed supermarkets charge similar prices no matter where ever you are

Mouser 11 June 2013 02:01 PM

Have been trying to get two very large evergreens removed from my garden as last year with the wet summr they both partially fell over and my efforts to rescue them have been fruitless.

Called 4 local tree outfits. 3 didn't turn up to give an estimate and the 4th did and quoted £300 for the job including removing everything and tidying up a few other bits and pieces.

We shook hands and he duly turned up 3 days later and partially cut down one tree before leaving saying he'd be back the next day.... he never returned and didn't reply to my phone message. I didn't pay him a bean so no worries there, but I now had a wrecked tree all over the place.

In the supermarket on the weekend I saw an ad for gardening servies so called them. Geordie lad with a East European workforce. Spoke to him at 11am yesterday. He said did I mind them working in the evening? Of course not I said so after working on another job until 4:30pm yesterday they all turned up here at 5pm... 4 of them and the Geordie manging the procedure. Job done and perfect by 8:30pm. All rubbish removed ... £280!!!

The lad told me he has never been so busy and these bloody useless workshy sponging immigrants are happy to work any time. He pays them £9-£10 an hour and they are happy to work 50/60 hours a week. When he had a group of Brits working for him he said it was nothing but trouble!

This is the second time I have encountered this sort of story recently. Makes you wonder really!

Three sides to every story.;)

Company needed a deep clean on some heavy machinery and signed up some Polish guys to do same. They didn't last until Lunch time and walked off site. Some local guys completed the job. I heard the Polish guys didn't realise it would be such dirty work. :lol1:

At least you got some work done for free off the first outfit. :thumb:

Leslie 11 June 2013 02:04 PM

Perhap's people just want workers who can be trusted to do a good job for a fair price!

Les

f1_fan 11 June 2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mouser (Post 11117219)
Three sides to every story.;)

Company needed a deep clean on some heavy machinery and signed up some Polish guys to do same. They didn't last until Lunch time and walked off site

You didn't talk to them did you, if so I am not surprised they left? ;)

Ant 11 June 2013 05:29 PM

We get agency in at our place and most are terrible , don't like working and can't speak a word of English. They quickly get sent home .

We probably get through 10 before we find a decent one

f1_fan 11 June 2013 05:40 PM

Well I find them great and I think from now on I am only going to use immigrants. F**k the natives, most of them are scum anyway ;)

Mouser 11 June 2013 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11117459)
Well I find them great because they are so cheap and I'm a miserable ******

EFA :thumb:

Shaid 11 June 2013 05:53 PM

One day. We will own you ;)

Shaid 11 June 2013 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 11117062)

Face it, at least they don't sit around popping kids and watching JK all day. Furthermore at least the EU's are good mannered family type of people who have not been infected with the Chav virus.

Natives think they are worth too much simple as. They need to be stripped of some of their fancy rights and get back in the real world.

f1_fan 11 June 2013 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11117485)
Natives think they are worth too much simple as. They need to be stripped of some of their fancy rights and get back in the real world.

This ^^^^^^ Doesn't aply to all, but to a lot!

Mouser 11 June 2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11117479)
One day. We will own you ;)

And you'll still be a sack.;)

Shaid 11 June 2013 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mouser (Post 11117512)
And you'll still be a sack.;)

And you will still take it standing up :)

Mouser 11 June 2013 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 11117517)
And I'll still take it standing up :)

Sorted:thumb:

Jamz3k 11 June 2013 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11117028)
LOL, well I have a VAT invoice and he is a limited company so you can hope.

9/10quid an hour you say and VAT registered. The sums in my opinion don't add up to be being in anyway profitable if done legit.