Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Driver cpc

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2012, 11:49 AM
r33gts2009
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver cpc

Any lorry drivers that have to pay for their own cpc . My company won't pay . Is this legal as it's an EU safety course ??
Old 03 May 2012, 12:03 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Dont think its a legal requirement for them to pay for it, ours pay the course but we have to supply our time for free which is fair enough, most companys are paying for it as when it comes for the time you need it you wont be able to drive.
Jay
Old 03 May 2012, 12:12 PM
r33gts2009
Scooby Regular

Cheers it's just peeing me off yet another thing
We have to fork out for .I feel like jacking it in but driving is all I know
Old 03 May 2012, 12:19 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r33gts2009
Cheers it's just peeing me off yet another thing
We have to fork out for .I feel like jacking it in but driving is all I know
Im the same mate, been a distance driver for 10 years now, the job is starting to become a nightmare, with constant crap that we have to keep paying for, the cpc is an absolute joke, ive learned nothing on it, its just another way of the government getting money from us.
If i could get something else with the same money id be off lol best way to do it mate is pay for a weeks course on adr, you get your adr and all the training counts as full cpc.
Jay
Old 03 May 2012, 12:29 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

A fork lift licence will count too - maybe a combo of the two. I believe that you need to ensure that the ADR/FLT courses are approved for CPC though.
Old 03 May 2012, 01:21 PM
r33gts2009
Scooby Regular

You see that's exactly why I'm so peed off they set a criteria an as long as you pay for the privelage they let you go on any course as long as you make up the hours. I mean what's a fork lift course got to do with us except some exceptions & an ADR course is all about chemicals . I read some bloke sat the same module 7 times an made his 35 hrs up WTF an best of all we have to do it every 5 yrs just doesnt seem worth it ...
Old 03 May 2012, 04:28 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Its just a complete con, ive done the same tacho module twice but it still counts towards your 35 hours, the guy was reading it out of a book and we had to keep correcting him lol
Old 03 May 2012, 08:39 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Check drive... about 3 weeks ago.

Me: Ok driver, in your own time out of the depot and towards the M62 please.

Driver: Ok...

We move off.... CRASH...

Driver: What was that...

Me: You just drove into a building. Sorry but thats the end of the drive.

Driver: Really??

Anyway, back OT. I think the CPC is a waste of time, but for me I would like to see some better rules in place that are realistic and perhaps a simple 10 year re-test too. See above! This guy had 25+ years xp but was unable to see a 3 storey building...
Old 03 May 2012, 08:50 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

I have to do this and its like pouring salt onto the wounds.

Companies won`t take you on with less than 2 years experience, and then they add the CPC ontop. So if your new to the lorry business, and not in the family of a haulage firm, your pretty much screwed.

The costs are ridiculous, but on the plus side it covers my Class1 and Coach licences so no need to double up (until they realise this and say I have to).
Old 03 May 2012, 08:56 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob
Companies won`t take you on with less than 2 years experience, and then they add the CPC ontop. So if your new to the lorry business, and not in the family of a haulage firm, your pretty much screwed.

The costs are ridiculous, but on the plus side it covers my Class1 and Coach licences so no need to double up (until they realise this and say I have to).
Tell me about it. Paid to do my C+E but can't get work as I don't have two years experience. I even offered to drive for free under supervision just to get some time behind the wheel, but nothing. And with CPC my licence will be a waste of time soon.
Old 03 May 2012, 09:04 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

i wouldn't be happy if i was an employed driver having to do it in my own time or pay for it. i've been out of driving just over a year and if i need / decide to go back then chances are i'd find the cheapest and do it 5 times.
Old 03 May 2012, 09:10 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
Tell me about it. Paid to do my C+E but can't get work as I don't have two years experience. I even offered to drive for free under supervision just to get some time behind the wheel, but nothing. And with CPC my licence will be a waste of time soon.
Yeah I know, I`ve done the same and reply is no or no reply.
They do ask if I have ADR, but why would I have ADR if I can`t get bread and butter driving jobs?? Stupid.

Originally Posted by stevie boy
i wouldn't be happy if i was an employed driver having to do it in my own time or pay for it. i've been out of driving just over a year and if i need / decide to go back then chances are i'd find the cheapest and do it 5 times.
Think I may do this, there is a driving one, which is around £360, I mean come on!!
Old 03 May 2012, 09:24 PM
r33gts2009
Scooby Regular

i agree their should be some testing but it was only last yr i took an NVQ in driving with a tester with me for a day ,i had to tell him to sit back when i was reversing cos he kept on blocking my mirrors ,I still past but wtf did i have to do it for , anyway it was nice to have a moan an have someone else who understands... on the bright side im becoming a pimp an selling some bitches so discount so sn members lol