The Undateables

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2012, 09:21 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Undateables

Watching it now on 4.

Feel a bit sorry for that Richard chap with Aspergers, seems like a nice guy, but he definitely seems a proper 'Aspie' rather than your everyday introvert who is labeled as an 'Aspie' by a willing medical profession nowdays. He's far too attached to his Mum although she seems like a nice person at least.
Old 03 April 2012, 09:25 PM
howellsy42
Scooby Regular

Some times these program's seem to be made with the intent of just making fun of the people that go on them
Old 03 April 2012, 09:26 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by howellsy42
Some times these program's seem to be made with the intent of just making fun of the people that go on them
That's why i've decided not to watch it.
Old 03 April 2012, 10:08 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by howellsy42
Well, it kept me entertained for an hour
Old 03 April 2012, 10:41 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

The bit when the mother ordered a taxi and then told him they'd pick him up straight away...

'They'd better'

Man that was the funniest thing I've seen in ages!
Old 03 April 2012, 11:20 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bet that Richard's mum was fit when she was younger! Just watching it now.

Having a laugh at Luke meeting the dating expert at a cafe: "horny bitch!" PMSL
Old 03 April 2012, 11:33 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

"**** fisting"
"Shes a squirter"

Good luck bringing him home to meet the parents.
Old 03 April 2012, 11:49 PM
Kirstiestar
Scooby Regular

I thought it was quite good, reckon it would be a laugh having a mate with torettes
Old 04 April 2012, 12:11 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kirstiestar
I thought it was quite good, reckon it would be a laugh having a mate with torettes
Not really. I don't see her much now, but a friend of mine has tourettes and I can't say I, or her for that matter, ever really found it funny. It's not just a case of somebody shouting out swear words, as funny as that may seem on TV. She was badly bullied because of it. I'm sorry for being a bit serious, but it's different seeing something on TV and thinking it would be a laugh to actually seeing a friend living with it.
Old 04 April 2012, 12:23 AM
Kirstiestar
Scooby Regular

I guess i never really looked at it like that, on tv its more made out to be funny, but in reality it must be hell to live with
Old 04 April 2012, 12:29 AM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Old 04 April 2012, 12:34 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kirstiestar
I guess i never really looked at it like that, on tv its more made out to be funny, but in reality it must be hell to live with
That's why I decided not to watch the programme. Not because I am over serious, believe me, I like a laugh as much as the next person. I just feel slightly uneasy with the programme as I think it may be designed to laugh at people.

I didn't mean to come across as having a dig at you though.
Old 04 April 2012, 07:06 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I may watch this later, simply to mock the afflicted. Bugger, ****, tit-****!
Old 04 April 2012, 08:00 AM
Galifrey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
That's why i've decided not to watch it.
Same, the fact is was called "undateables" was enough for me.
Old 04 April 2012, 08:19 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Watched it. Not sure what to make of it, really. I thought the girl who dated the guy with tourettes was really sound, particularly when he shouted "****" and she responded by adjusting her hair and saying "thanks" . I'm not sure what to make of the girl in the wheelchair; she seems to have quite high expectations and I wonder whether they'll be met, but fair play to her for her positivity. As for Richard, well that was absolutely toe-curling and I can only begin to imagine how that French lady felt having been rejected by him, particularly after he'd flexed his biceps for her. What a tease.

It was quite entertaining and I guess that's poor taste. Looking forward to next week.
Old 04 April 2012, 08:59 AM
oliVeR6
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine has tourettes and reminds me VERY much of the fella last night. He has the same attitude and train of thought. He will apologise for any outbursts and explain his situation to anyone who takes offence - 99% of people accept his apology, are naturally relieved he didn't mean what he said and then continue to crack with him. The other 1% are stuck up, **** nosed ********* who are so f*cking uptight that you wouldn't want to know them anyway! But he still remains polite and apologetic to them.
Also, just like the lad last night, Mark tried his hand at stand up but his tourettes is a little worse then laddos last night and it didn't go according to plan lol!
Mark loves it when people can laugh along with his tourettes, it helps him deal with it and actually out of all my mates he seems the most at ease with himself! A LOT of girls love it as well when we're out and love him coz he's such a friendly, bubbly bloke that will make a joke about his condition. So it was proper nice to see that girl seem genuinely interested in that lad last night and as JTaylor said it was funny as flip when the girl pushed up her hair and said "thanks" when laddo called her a ****!

As for the lass in the wheelchair....who the f*ck does she think she is!!! No wonder she's never been on a date! She never even gave that lad a chance, as soon as she was rolling up to him she couldn't have looked more disappointed if she tried! He was making a proper effort and she was acting like she was forced to be there! Fair enough she didnt find him attractive but she could have been a bit more subtle about it for his sake... grrrrr. Proper p*ssed me and the mrs off that did!

I found it a laugh to watch and very cringe worthy at times but yer, will be watching it next week for sure: Why is the mushroom so happy? Coz its a fungi.... silence ensues! hahaha
Old 04 April 2012, 09:29 AM
New_scooby_04

If I want to see a bunch of un-datables then.
Wait for it!
I'll log onto SN!!

Or look in the mirror!
Old 04 April 2012, 10:43 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I wondered how long it would take to associate the Undateables and the good folk of SNet

Next ep theres really quite an attractive girl in a wheelchair. Even though she is in a wheelchair I'm surprised she'd struggle to get a date.

Its not like shes genuinely odd or disfigured like some of the others - not being mean but its just how things are.

The girl with the tourettes lad really should be admired for brushing it off.
Old 04 April 2012, 11:56 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Only caught the end but it looked quite entertaining

The guy with the aspergers was very cringy, got to feel sorry for someone who is that socially inept that even ordering a couple of coffees in a cafe is an ordeal. Didn't even know what a latte was

That siad I work with a few people like him (electronic engineering )

As for lauging at this stuff as entertainment being somehow wrong, **** off, the people on it know what they are signing up for
Old 04 April 2012, 12:18 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by oliVeR6
A mate of mine has tourettes and reminds me VERY much of the fella last night. He has the same attitude and train of thought. He will apologise for any outbursts and explain his situation to anyone who takes offence - 99% of people accept his apology, are naturally relieved he didn't mean what he said and then continue to crack with him. The other 1% are stuck up, **** nosed ********* who are so f*cking uptight that you wouldn't want to know them anyway! But he still remains polite and apologetic to them.
Also, just like the lad last night, Mark tried his hand at stand up but his tourettes is a little worse then laddos last night and it didn't go according to plan lol!
Mark loves it when people can laugh along with his tourettes, it helps him deal with it and actually out of all my mates he seems the most at ease with himself! A LOT of girls love it as well when we're out and love him coz he's such a friendly, bubbly bloke that will make a joke about his condition. So it was proper nice to see that girl seem genuinely interested in that lad last night and as JTaylor said it was funny as flip when the girl pushed up her hair and said "thanks" when laddo called her a ****!

As for the lass in the wheelchair....who the f*ck does she think she is!!! No wonder she's never been on a date! She never even gave that lad a chance, as soon as she was rolling up to him she couldn't have looked more disappointed if she tried! He was making a proper effort and she was acting like she was forced to be there! Fair enough she didnt find him attractive but she could have been a bit more subtle about it for his sake... grrrrr. Proper p*ssed me and the mrs off that did!

I found it a laugh to watch and very cringe worthy at times but yer, will be watching it next week for sure: Why is the mushroom so happy? Coz its a fungi.... silence ensues! hahaha
Allow me to quote you.

f*cking
f*ck
p*issed

And it's your MATE that has Tourettes?

Old 04 April 2012, 12:56 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Yep Tourettes like that must be hell. He does seem a remarkably well adjusted chap though given his condition.

Yeah that short bird in the wheelchair she had sky-high expectations. I think she is basically a child has no idea of relationship or never had one, so lives in a childish world of princes and knights in shining armor. Not her fault I suppose, and 'cos of how she looks she's basically never gonna get laid.
Old 04 April 2012, 01:00 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
The guy with the aspergers was very cringy, got to feel sorry for someone who is that socially inept that even ordering a couple of coffees in a cafe is an ordeal. Didn't even know what a latte was
What was his problem with teh French bird. Ok so she was far from hot but she wasn't a complete munter. That Richard seems to think he is a handsome guy :/ I did feel sorry for him at first then realised his problems are part self-inflicted and he doesn't want to grow up and leave Mum basically. What the fark was he doing with that birds food on his other date? It was like a slo-mo car crash.
Old 04 April 2012, 01:03 PM
Kirstiestar
Scooby Regular

Thought the same bout the girl in the wheelchair, she didnt give he lad a chance and he really made an effort!

Hope the lad with tourettes & the girl keep seeing each other, they made a nice couple
Old 04 April 2012, 01:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I can't help feeling it is unfair to make a joke out of someone's affliction.

It feels like using your own good fortune to gain an advantage.

Les
Old 04 April 2012, 02:06 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I can't help feeling it is unfair to make a joke out of someone's affliction.

It feels like using your own good fortune to gain an advantage.

Les
STFU, you mong.
Old 04 April 2012, 03:12 PM
oliVeR6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
Allow me to quote you.

f*cking
f*ck
p*issed

And it's your MATE that has Tourettes?

Haha I blame my mate for this bad habit. No f*ck off you c*ck sucking ****!
Old 04 April 2012, 03:18 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Pete Bennett does ok, he could`ve nailed any of those girls on big brother.......................... Wankahh!!
Old 04 April 2012, 03:33 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
What was his problem with teh French bird. Ok so she was far from hot but she wasn't a complete munter. That Richard seems to think he is a handsome guy :/ I did feel sorry for him at first then realised his problems are part self-inflicted and he doesn't want to grow up and leave Mum basically. What the fark was he doing with that birds food on his other date? It was like a slo-mo car crash.
The point about Asperger is that they don't have the normal cues to know how to behave. It's a bit like being transported to China then being expected to work it all out for yourself. I would expect anyone who truly has it not to understand or recognise certain situations.
It's a condition that most certainly isn't self inflicted, unlike the choices made by those of us who don't have any kind of syndrome, but are just plain ignorant.
Old 04 April 2012, 03:46 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
The point about Asperger is that they don't have the normal cues to know how to behave. It's a bit like being transported to China then being expected to work it all out for yourself. I would expect anyone who truly has it not to understand or recognise certain situations.
It's a condition that most certainly isn't self inflicted, unlike the choices made by those of us who don't have any kind of syndrome, but are just plain ignorant.
Firstly it is a syndrome not an illness per se.

I think I have had this debate with you before about Autism spectrum disorders and what I believe is too much enthusiasm from the medical profession to medicalise everyone who is not 'normal' (which of course begs the question of what is normal and this itself is ellusive). Bakers are gonna tell you to eat their bread. Doctors are going to tell you that you are ill and need to buy their services.

I can see Richard is abnormal my point was I think he deliberately derailed that first date and is way too emotionally attached to his Mum. Ok so that might be judgmental but he is not a child and has some responsibility and ability to make decisions.

Last edited by tony de wonderful; 04 April 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04 April 2012, 04:35 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
STFU, you mong.

Quick Reply: The Undateables