ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   The Undateables (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/931122-the-undateables.html)

tony de wonderful 03 April 2012 09:21 PM

The Undateables

Watching it now on 4.

Feel a bit sorry for that Richard chap with Aspergers, seems like a nice guy, but he definitely seems a proper 'Aspie' rather than your everyday introvert who is labeled as an 'Aspie' by a willing medical profession nowdays. He's far too attached to his Mum although she seems like a nice person at least.

howellsy42 03 April 2012 09:25 PM

Some times these program's seem to be made with the intent of just making fun of the people that go on them

An0n0m0us 03 April 2012 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by howellsy42 (Post 10562630)
Some times these program's seem to be made with the intent of just making fun of the people that go on them

That's why i've decided not to watch it.

davyboy 03 April 2012 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by howellsy42 (Post 10562630)

Well, it kept me entertained for an hour :luxhello:

BOB.T 03 April 2012 10:41 PM

The bit when the mother ordered a taxi and then told him they'd pick him up straight away...

'They'd better'

Man that was the funniest thing I've seen in ages! :D

GlesgaKiss 03 April 2012 11:20 PM

Bet that Richard's mum was fit when she was younger! Just watching it now.

Having a laugh at Luke meeting the dating expert at a cafe: "horny bitch!" PMSL

EddScott 03 April 2012 11:33 PM

"Anal fisting"
"Shes a squirter"

Good luck bringing him home to meet the parents.

Kirstiestar 03 April 2012 11:49 PM

I thought it was quite good, reckon it would be a laugh having a mate with torettes

Lisawrx 04 April 2012 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kirstiestar (Post 10562863)
I thought it was quite good, reckon it would be a laugh having a mate with torettes

Not really. I don't see her much now, but a friend of mine has tourettes and I can't say I, or her for that matter, ever really found it funny. It's not just a case of somebody shouting out swear words, as funny as that may seem on TV. She was badly bullied because of it. I'm sorry for being a bit serious, but it's different seeing something on TV and thinking it would be a laugh to actually seeing a friend living with it.

Kirstiestar 04 April 2012 12:23 AM

I guess i never really looked at it like that, on tv its more made out to be funny, but in reality it must be hell to live with

wayne9t9 04 April 2012 12:29 AM

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funn...rger-13327.jpg

Lisawrx 04 April 2012 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kirstiestar (Post 10562886)
I guess i never really looked at it like that, on tv its more made out to be funny, but in reality it must be hell to live with

That's why I decided not to watch the programme. Not because I am over serious, believe me, I like a laugh as much as the next person. I just feel slightly uneasy with the programme as I think it may be designed to laugh at people.

I didn't mean to come across as having a dig at you though.

JTaylor 04 April 2012 07:06 AM

I may watch this later, simply to mock the afflicted. Bugger, arse, tit-wank!

Galifrey 04 April 2012 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us (Post 10562634)
That's why i've decided not to watch it.

Same, the fact is was called "undateables" was enough for me.

JTaylor 04 April 2012 08:19 AM

Watched it. Not sure what to make of it, really. I thought the girl who dated the guy with tourettes was really sound, particularly when he shouted "slut" and she responded by adjusting her hair and saying "thanks" :lol1:. I'm not sure what to make of the girl in the wheelchair; she seems to have quite high expectations and I wonder whether they'll be met, but fair play to her for her positivity. As for Richard, well that was absolutely toe-curling and I can only begin to imagine how that French lady felt having been rejected by him, particularly after he'd flexed his biceps for her. What a tease.

It was quite entertaining and I guess that's poor taste. Looking forward to next week.

oliVeR6 04 April 2012 08:59 AM

A mate of mine has tourettes and reminds me VERY much of the fella last night. He has the same attitude and train of thought. He will apologise for any outbursts and explain his situation to anyone who takes offence - 99% of people accept his apology, are naturally relieved he didn't mean what he said and then continue to crack with him. The other 1% are stuck up, cock nosed knobheads who are so f*cking uptight that you wouldn't want to know them anyway! But he still remains polite and apologetic to them.
Also, just like the lad last night, Mark tried his hand at stand up but his tourettes is a little worse then laddos last night and it didn't go according to plan lol!
Mark loves it when people can laugh along with his tourettes, it helps him deal with it and actually out of all my mates he seems the most at ease with himself! A LOT of girls love it as well when we're out and love him coz he's such a friendly, bubbly bloke that will make a joke about his condition. So it was proper nice to see that girl seem genuinely interested in that lad last night and as JTaylor said it was funny as flip when the girl pushed up her hair and said "thanks" when laddo called her a slut!

As for the lass in the wheelchair....who the f*ck does she think she is!!! No wonder she's never been on a date! She never even gave that lad a chance, as soon as she was rolling up to him she couldn't have looked more disappointed if she tried! He was making a proper effort and she was acting like she was forced to be there! Fair enough she didnt find him attractive but she could have been a bit more subtle about it for his sake... grrrrr. Proper p*ssed me and the mrs off that did!

I found it a laugh to watch and very cringe worthy at times but yer, will be watching it next week for sure: Why is the mushroom so happy? Coz its a fungi.... silence ensues! hahaha

New_scooby_04 04 April 2012 09:29 AM

If I want to see a bunch of un-datables then.
Wait for it!
I'll log onto SN!! ;) :D

Or look in the mirror! ;) :D

EddScott 04 April 2012 10:43 AM

I wondered how long it would take to associate the Undateables and the good folk of SNet :D

Next ep theres really quite an attractive girl in a wheelchair. Even though she is in a wheelchair I'm surprised she'd struggle to get a date.

Its not like shes genuinely odd or disfigured like some of the others - not being mean but its just how things are.

The girl with the tourettes lad really should be admired for brushing it off.

Coffin Dodger 04 April 2012 11:56 AM

Only caught the end but it looked quite entertaining :D

The guy with the aspergers was very cringy, got to feel sorry for someone who is that socially inept that even ordering a couple of coffees in a cafe is an ordeal. Didn't even know what a latte was :lol1:

That siad I work with a few people like him (electronic engineering :rolleyes:)

As for lauging at this stuff as entertainment being somehow wrong, fcuk off, the people on it know what they are signing up for :D

Alan Jeffery 04 April 2012 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by oliVeR6 (Post 10563005)
A mate of mine has tourettes and reminds me VERY much of the fella last night. He has the same attitude and train of thought. He will apologise for any outbursts and explain his situation to anyone who takes offence - 99% of people accept his apology, are naturally relieved he didn't mean what he said and then continue to crack with him. The other 1% are stuck up, cock nosed knobheads who are so f*cking uptight that you wouldn't want to know them anyway! But he still remains polite and apologetic to them.
Also, just like the lad last night, Mark tried his hand at stand up but his tourettes is a little worse then laddos last night and it didn't go according to plan lol!
Mark loves it when people can laugh along with his tourettes, it helps him deal with it and actually out of all my mates he seems the most at ease with himself! A LOT of girls love it as well when we're out and love him coz he's such a friendly, bubbly bloke that will make a joke about his condition. So it was proper nice to see that girl seem genuinely interested in that lad last night and as JTaylor said it was funny as flip when the girl pushed up her hair and said "thanks" when laddo called her a slut!

As for the lass in the wheelchair....who the f*ck does she think she is!!! No wonder she's never been on a date! She never even gave that lad a chance, as soon as she was rolling up to him she couldn't have looked more disappointed if she tried! He was making a proper effort and she was acting like she was forced to be there! Fair enough she didnt find him attractive but she could have been a bit more subtle about it for his sake... grrrrr. Proper p*ssed me and the mrs off that did!

I found it a laugh to watch and very cringe worthy at times but yer, will be watching it next week for sure: Why is the mushroom so happy? Coz its a fungi.... silence ensues! hahaha

Allow me to quote you.

Cock
Knobheads
f*cking
f*ck
p*issed

And it's your MATE that has Tourettes?

:lol1:

tony de wonderful 04 April 2012 12:56 PM

Yep Tourettes like that must be hell. He does seem a remarkably well adjusted chap though given his condition.

Yeah that short bird in the wheelchair she had sky-high expectations. I think she is basically a child has no idea of relationship or never had one, so lives in a childish world of princes and knights in shining armor. Not her fault I suppose, and 'cos of how she looks she's basically never gonna get laid.

tony de wonderful 04 April 2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 10563173)
The guy with the aspergers was very cringy, got to feel sorry for someone who is that socially inept that even ordering a couple of coffees in a cafe is an ordeal. Didn't even know what a latte was :lol1:

What was his problem with teh French bird. Ok so she was far from hot but she wasn't a complete munter. That Richard seems to think he is a handsome guy :/ I did feel sorry for him at first then realised his problems are part self-inflicted and he doesn't want to grow up and leave Mum basically. What the fark was he doing with that birds food on his other date? It was like a slo-mo car crash.

Kirstiestar 04 April 2012 01:03 PM

Thought the same bout the girl in the wheelchair, she didnt give he lad a chance and he really made an effort!

Hope the lad with tourettes & the girl keep seeing each other, they made a nice couple :)

Leslie 04 April 2012 01:33 PM

I can't help feeling it is unfair to make a joke out of someone's affliction.

It feels like using your own good fortune to gain an advantage.

Les

JTaylor 04 April 2012 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10563301)
I can't help feeling it is unfair to make a joke out of someone's affliction.

It feels like using your own good fortune to gain an advantage.

Les

STFU, you mong.

oliVeR6 04 April 2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 10563186)
Allow me to quote you.

Cock
Knobheads
f*cking
f*ck
p*issed

And it's your MATE that has Tourettes?

Haha I blame my mate for this bad habit. No f*ck off you c*ck sucking slut! ;)

wayne9t9 04 April 2012 03:18 PM

Pete Bennett does ok, he could`ve nailed any of those girls on big brother.......................... Wankahh!!

Alan Jeffery 04 April 2012 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10563244)
What was his problem with teh French bird. Ok so she was far from hot but she wasn't a complete munter. That Richard seems to think he is a handsome guy :/ I did feel sorry for him at first then realised his problems are part self-inflicted and he doesn't want to grow up and leave Mum basically. What the fark was he doing with that birds food on his other date? It was like a slo-mo car crash.

The point about Asperger is that they don't have the normal cues to know how to behave. It's a bit like being transported to China then being expected to work it all out for yourself. I would expect anyone who truly has it not to understand or recognise certain situations.
It's a condition that most certainly isn't self inflicted, unlike the choices made by those of us who don't have any kind of syndrome, but are just plain ignorant.

tony de wonderful 04 April 2012 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery (Post 10563416)
The point about Asperger is that they don't have the normal cues to know how to behave. It's a bit like being transported to China then being expected to work it all out for yourself. I would expect anyone who truly has it not to understand or recognise certain situations.
It's a condition that most certainly isn't self inflicted, unlike the choices made by those of us who don't have any kind of syndrome, but are just plain ignorant.

Firstly it is a syndrome not an illness per se.

I think I have had this debate with you before about Autism spectrum disorders and what I believe is too much enthusiasm from the medical profession to medicalise everyone who is not 'normal' (which of course begs the question of what is normal and this itself is ellusive). Bakers are gonna tell you to eat their bread. Doctors are going to tell you that you are ill and need to buy their services.

I can see Richard is abnormal my point was I think he deliberately derailed that first date and is way too emotionally attached to his Mum. Ok so that might be judgmental but he is not a child and has some responsibility and ability to make decisions.

Coffin Dodger 04 April 2012 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10563339)
STFU, you mong.