Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sorry, i cant come in today.....

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2012, 10:05 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry, i cant come in today.....

Im abit pi55ed of at work at the momment as it looks like im being robbed of 4 days of my holiday entitlement, ive decided im going to take 3 days sick to compensate, i'll need to take them in the next few weeks, i dont want to call in with the usual stomach bug excuse so im after something with abit more imagination, i dont even care if they know im taking the pi55, so what do you think?
Old 22 February 2012, 10:10 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if u dont care then jus tell em u aint coming in lol whats the worst that will happen, a warning these days... pffft
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to run the show Jarv,make your own rules then fella like me
I do feel for you though mate,not a good situation.
Why are you going to loose 4 days then mate?
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Just sign off with stress, take two weeks off if you want, just go to your doc, they'll sign you off for anything these days
Old 22 February 2012, 10:18 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Just sign off with stress, take two weeks off if you want, just go to your doc, they'll sign you off for anything these days
Stress I work in a bodyshop.
Old 22 February 2012, 10:21 PM
craigo
Scooby Regular

agreed, as long as you go see a doc and he gives consent (written) go off and enjoy
Old 22 February 2012, 10:23 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
You need to run the show Jarv,make your own rules then fella like me
I do feel for you though mate,not a good situation.
Why are you going to loose 4 days then mate?
Turns out the 4days i carried over into last April from 2010/11 holiday entitlement has been taken out of 2011/12 entitlement
Old 22 February 2012, 10:28 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Black-Hawk
Turns out the 4days i carried over into last April from 2010/11 holiday entitlement has been taken out of 2011/12 entitlement
I presume you have taken this up with management?
How long have you been with the company Jarv?
Old 22 February 2012, 10:52 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Ive left it with the aftersales manager to speak to the MD, ive been told not to hold my breath, im not going to speak to the MD because if he f*cks me off i'll loose my rag and that wont be good, been there since 91
Old 22 February 2012, 11:05 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Does nothing to help the cases of those that are genuinely off with stress related problems, when people take the **** like this
Old 22 February 2012, 11:11 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Ive left it with the aftersales manager to speak to the MD, ive been told not to hold my breath, im not going to speak to the MD because if he f*cks me off i'll loose my rag and that wont be good, been there since 91
Tbho if that's what they think of you after working there for that long I'd be considering my options Jarv,
Want a job mate?
Old 22 February 2012, 11:19 PM
Lisawrx

Surely if you were allowed to carry the holiday over, they can't then take it off you at a later date...Is it possible they forgot and because it has looked like you took too much, they have removed the hols from this year? Personally, before losing your rag, or going on the sick, I would just speak to the MD directly and calmly and explain what has happened. Is it all possible that the AS manager is trying to fob you off, hoping you'll just drop it?
Old 23 February 2012, 06:48 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Do you have a contract of employment,you should have one,and have you read what it says for holiday/leave etc.

Don't think you even need to go down this route.
Old 23 February 2012, 06:55 AM
wrxyz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Surely if you were allowed to carry the holiday over, they can't then take it off you at a later date...Is it possible they forgot and because it has looked like you took too much, they have removed the hols from this year? Personally, before losing your rag, or going on the sick, I would just speak to the MD directly and calmly and explain what has happened. Is it all possible that the AS manager is trying to fob you off, hoping you'll just drop it?
I agree, unless you have not applied in reasonable time for your holidays its hard to 'lose' them, you earn your holidays pro rata so at the end of the holiday year you have earned your full entitlement. If you have carried over hours then this would have been with management approval so they cant change their minds about it later on to suit themselves.
I would also speak to whoever records the holiday hours and check the records so youhave all the details sorted before saying too much.
Old 23 February 2012, 07:55 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

That sucks but year I'd talk to the MD too first.
Old 23 February 2012, 11:29 AM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxyz
I agree, unless you have not applied in reasonable time for your holidays its hard to 'lose' them, you earn your holidays pro rata so at the end of the holiday year you have earned your full entitlement. If you have carried over hours then this would have been with management approval so they cant change their minds about it later on to suit themselves.
I would also speak to whoever records the holiday hours and check the records so youhave all the details sorted before saying too much.
I've always carried days over and it was always authorised by the accountant who unfortunately passed away with swine flu in Jan 2011, as its been almost a year now, I've forgotten who I spoke to, I would have gained permission from someone and never just presumed I could carry days over, unfortunately everyone's denying any knowledge.
Old 23 February 2012, 12:02 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you not have a print out of your entitlement and carried days?

I always get hold of one, means you can wave it in the bosses face when they cock up. My manager often does cock up therefore mine gets waved quite a lot! (my leave card that is )

Our management seem to try allsorts on atm, in the hopes we'll drop it! It took them 10 weeks just to update my contact details (2 mins on the computer) lazy sods.......

Last edited by BLU; 23 February 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 23 February 2012, 01:46 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriverules
Tbho if that's what they think of you after working there for that long I'd be considering my options Jarv,
Want a job mate?
Ry, if it wasn't for the 6hr daily commute and the monthly £600 fuel bill, is take you up on that.
Old 23 February 2012, 01:52 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Ry, if it wasn't for the 6hr daily commute and the monthly £600 fuel bill, is take you up on that.

Tbho Jarv with what I have seen of your work I'd be more than happy to have you work with me fella,like you said it's a shame you are so far away.
Good workers should and are taken care of as far as I'm concerned mate
Old 23 February 2012, 01:52 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxyz
A big thumbs up to this post

Old 23 February 2012, 09:16 PM
Black-Hawk
Scooby Regular

Had a chat with the manager today and he said they'd allow me two days, one to be taken in March and one in April, so i now only need to take 2 sick days to get my original 4 days.
Old 23 February 2012, 09:25 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Ring ACAS they will tell you what to do
Old 23 February 2012, 09:33 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

In my opinion, take the rest of the two as sick, but don't make a habit of it. It is obvious that your employers have caused you a substantial stress by refusing what they promised you/what you rightfully deserved i.e. your carried over holidays. They backed out, which is a bad practice, and showed how uncaring they are. So, bollox to them. They don't deserve Mr. Nice.

Don't they understand that by crushing an employee like that they will be losing money and productivity? Bleddy dimwits. So, just do it.

But,

If you are taking a micky, don't. Remember karma is a b!tch, so don't play wrong games.

Good luck, Black-Hawk.