Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2011, 05:25 PM
scoobygaz1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default estate agents rant

Just got this through the post from my estate agent

Dear Home owner

My name is Ricky Stoodley (Tricky Ricky) and i am the residental sales Manger at Fox & sons in Tiverton.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise, firstly for over valuing your home, you see, we at Fox & son are targeted to gain a certain number of instructions per month hence the need to be over optimistic and sometimes irresponsible when valuing.

Secondly with regards to our lengthy agency agreement, these are designed to lock the impressed and unsuspecting vendor in for 6 months. Furthermore we are targeted, each month to gain a certain number of price reductions, no doubt one of my colleagues has already been in touch telling you how the market is changing blah! blah! We receive a bonus on these, so it`s win-win for us.

Finally talking of targets, we have to sell a certain number of financial services to our clients have you noticed how a simple request for sale particulars, following the occasional advert in the local paper turns into an interview about finances and nothing about the property itself.

You see life as a Fox & Son`s estate agent isn`t all that fun, targets for this targets for that, you can imagine the pressure. With 5 managers in 5 years, say`s it all really!

All the best, will be in touch for another price reduction soon.

Ricky Stoodleigh

The name is spelled differently from top to bottom, I`ve told them last week i`m taking it off the market. I`ve only got 3 weeks left any way
slightly up set me thinks
Old 10 September 2011, 05:27 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't get it....
Old 10 September 2011, 05:29 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

i think ricky has been sacked and he is getting his own back on the estate agents who employed him
Old 10 September 2011, 05:32 PM
scoobygaz1
Scooby Regular

That`s my impression taking the pi55 out of the firm and clients.
Old 10 September 2011, 06:41 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

lol thats a good one, take it to your local paper especially if it is on headed paper they'll love that.
Old 10 September 2011, 07:49 PM
scoobygaz1
Scooby Regular

I expect all of their clients got one i wouldn`t want to be in the office monday morning
Old 10 September 2011, 08:03 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why get yourself locked in a contract with an agent? They get my instruction providing they don't lock me in, they usually agree! Gives them an incentive to sell, which this time they have

Funny though, the letter. Someone trying to get their own back eh

Last edited by BLU; 10 September 2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10 September 2011, 09:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I suspect it has nothing to do with the Agent - just someone mail dropping all their clients ....

A disgruntled customer or even another agent - they have no morals, you know!
Old 10 September 2011, 11:52 PM
Wooffy
Scooby Regular

I tend to go dual agency from the begining which makes them work for the sale. First to sell gets the comission.
Old 11 September 2011, 10:05 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I suspect it has nothing to do with the Agent - just someone mail dropping all their clients ....

A disgruntled customer or even another agent - they have no morals, you know!
Exactly my opinion aswell

Surely if it was direct to the home owner, I would of thought that their name would of been at the top of the list and not Dear homeowner.

Someone may of seen a sales board and sent it, or a friend of yours playing silly buggers
Old 11 September 2011, 11:05 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobygaz1
Just got this through the post from my estate agent

Dear Home owner

My name is Ricky Stoodley (Tricky Ricky) and i am the residental sales Manger at Fox & sons in Tiverton.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise, firstly for over valuing your home, you see, we at Fox & son are targeted to gain a certain number of instructions per month hence the need to be over optimistic and sometimes irresponsible when valuing.

Secondly with regards to our lengthy agency agreement, these are designed to lock the impressed and unsuspecting vendor in for 6 months. Furthermore we are targeted, each month to gain a certain number of price reductions, no doubt one of my colleagues has already been in touch telling you how the market is changing blah! blah! We receive a bonus on these, so it`s win-win for us.

Finally talking of targets, we have to sell a certain number of financial services to our clients have you noticed how a simple request for sale particulars, following the occasional advert in the local paper turns into an interview about finances and nothing about the property itself.

You see life as a Fox & Son`s estate agent isn`t all that fun, targets for this targets for that, you can imagine the pressure. With 5 managers in 5 years, say`s it all really!

All the best, will be in touch for another price reduction soon.

Ricky Stoodleigh

The name is spelled differently from top to bottom, I`ve told them last week i`m taking it off the market. I`ve only got 3 weeks left any way
slightly up set me thinks
I reckon Ricky is away in a "Manger!"

Les (could not resist it)