Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Please sign this FairFuel petition

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2011, 04:34 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Please sign this FairFuel petition

Please sign this petition and post on any other forums you visit.

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter,

In just 12 hours overnight over 4000 supporters of FairFuelUK signed up to Robert Halfon's e-petition on the Government's website. This is great news for the FairFuelUK campaign.

However a very small minority who received this email were unable to click through to the petition site because of a corrupted link in transmission and that "maybe" the Government's website could not cope with the traffic either. It is also possible that this email may have gone into your junk email folder and as a result the links may have been disabled. Please check that FairFuelUK emails do not land in that folder by making sure any you receive from campaign@fairfueluk.com are "white listed" in your email application as being "not junk". To access the petition links in the email it has to be in your inbox.

Here is the link again for those who may have been unsuccessful in signing up overnight. We rapidly need 100,000 signatures to make the Government discuss in Parliament lowering our fuel prices by cutting fuel duty.

To sign up to the e-petition on the Governments website for lower fuel prices = http://bit.ly/FFUK-Gov

You can also use this link = http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/347

Sorry to intrude on your weekend and thanks for your continuing support in the fight for lower fuel prices.

The FairFuelUK Team
www.fairfueluk.com
Old 06 August 2011, 05:24 PM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

Got me email earlier today & signed up accordingly.
Never know, something may come of it.
Old 06 August 2011, 05:45 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Signed
Old 06 August 2011, 05:49 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Yes, I have signed up too. The more pressure we put on them the longer we may be able to afford our own transportation
Old 06 August 2011, 06:23 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Signed and posted on Facebook.

Old 06 August 2011, 06:25 PM
Steve T
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Signed.
Old 06 August 2011, 06:29 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

signed
Old 06 August 2011, 06:37 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You lot make me laugh ....... drivers af cars returning 15 mpg signing a petition for cheaper fuel ....... it may have escaped your attention, but, you can effectively deliver to yourself fuel at a much more acceptable 50p a litre.

How?

Just by driving a car which returns 45 mpg ..... then if you complain you will be taken more seriously.

I know that statement will prove a bit unpopular - but, it is the brutal truth.

However, sign away - it may do some good ... although I doubt it somehow.

Last edited by pslewis; 06 August 2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06 August 2011, 07:22 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis

You lot make me laugh ....... drivers af cars returning 15 mpg signing a petition for cheaper fuel ....... it may have escaped your attention, but, you can effectively deliver to yourself fuel at a much more acceptable 50p a litre.

How?

Just by driving a car which returns 45 mpg ..... then if you complain you will be taken more seriously.

I know that statement will prove a bit unpopular - but, it is the brutal truth.

However, sign away - it may do some good ... although I doubt it somehow.
What makes you think I drive a car that only does 15 mpg? regardless of how many MPG my vehicle does I still want to see cheaper fuel. Also wasn't aware that you had to put what car you are driving down on the petition, and that they'll just ignore you if you don't drive a car that gives you the right to complain
Old 06 August 2011, 07:26 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Oh right, my car does 50+ to the gallon, so hopefully the government will take my vote more seriously.
Old 06 August 2011, 08:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You miss my point.

Ask yourself, "Does someone who drives a car returning 15 mpg REALLY care enough about fuel costs? ..... when the answer to their fuel expenses could be solved very easily by themselves"

Someone driving a vehicle where they have no option, and have selected a vehicle returning 60 mpg, needs to be taken more seriously when complaining that fuel costs are hurting them .............. than someone who spends £££££££££'s converting their vehicle to do 15 mpg
Old 06 August 2011, 09:27 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

You miss my point.

Ask yourself, "Does someone who drives a car returning 15 mpg REALLY care enough about fuel costs? ..... when the answer to their fuel expenses could be solved very easily by themselves"

Someone driving a vehicle where they have no option, and have selected a vehicle returning 60 mpg, needs to be taken more seriously when complaining that fuel costs are hurting them .............. than someone who spends £££££££££'s converting their vehicle to do 15 mpg
You miss my point, you're presuming that we are all driving 15 mpg cars. You're also presuming that just because some people want enjoyment out of their chosen car and not just practicality, that they have any less rights when it comes to complaining or wanting fairer fuel prices.

Whether I get 100 mpg or 1 mpg I feel I'm paying more than I should be, should people with millions in the bank not be p1ssed off when they pay more than they should be for things.

You of all people should understand it's the principle

Just to add I have a company fuel card so don't pay for my fuel.
Old 06 August 2011, 09:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well, yes, I do see the 'Principle' ...... but, you know, and I know, that the fuel price we pay per mile travelled is a cost that we all choose to pay ...... it's an optional payment for most on here.
Old 06 August 2011, 11:37 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Do you not then see, the point in having a nice car?

I agree with your point, if a motor was used exclusively to get to work.

But this is a car forum, we like to drive cars?
Old 06 August 2011, 11:47 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

just as fuel is going to fall anyway ..
Old 07 August 2011, 08:11 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Do you not then see, the point in having a nice car?

I agree with your point, if a motor was used exclusively to get to work.

But this is a car forum, we like to drive cars?
Of course I see the point in having a nice car ..... I have 2 very nice cars right now

I had the Impreza when it was a nice car too ... for over 10 years.

The pleasures of driving a modern day rally Icon and paying heavily for the pleasure is not lost on me, not at all. Just that the world has moved on, you can gain the very same pleasure for so much less now ... that to accept 15 - 20 mpg is pointless. You can get the same real world driving experience and get 55 mpg ... really, you can.

So, driving a car which costs more than it needs to in fuel and then signing a petition for cheaper fuel is, well, a bit daft - don't you think?
Old 07 August 2011, 09:39 AM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Why shouldn't people want cheaper fuel? If everybody got 55 mpg cars then the government would just slap more tax on anyway! People wouldn't complain about the price of fuel so much if they were paying somewhere near the cost of it to make. It's the government that makes it so expensive. What I want to know is why you think that someone has less reason to complain based on their mpg? There is a feeling that we're being ripped off on something we HAVE to buy. People want nice things so why should they not sign a petition regardless of if they can afford the price of fuel or not?

Aaron
Old 07 August 2011, 09:59 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by azz250478
Why shouldn't people want cheaper fuel? If everybody got 55 mpg cars then the government would just slap more tax on anyway! People wouldn't complain about the price of fuel so much if they were paying somewhere near the cost of it to make. It's the government that makes it so expensive. What I want to know is why you think that someone has less reason to complain based on their mpg? There is a feeling that we're being ripped off on something we HAVE to buy. People want nice things so why should they not sign a petition regardless of if they can afford the price of fuel or not?

Aaron
The government is you though . What, you think this supposed extra cut goes straight on the chancellors kids skool fees ?

If the midlemen were cashing in then yes i can see it but..

And bear i mind its not that different just over the channel

anyway whatever you do KEEP buying , my oil shares are down right now and thats not good
Old 07 August 2011, 11:41 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

However much arguing is done, if we keep paying for it they will keep charging as much as they can. The government love the extra vat as well.

Les
Old 07 August 2011, 03:17 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by azz250478
What I want to know is why you think that someone has less reason to complain based on their mpg? There is a feeling that we're being ripped off on something we HAVE to buy.
Aaron
Someone who is happy to live with 15 mpg are simply not really serious about the price of fuel ... yes, of course they would like to pay less for fuel - but will pay whatever it costs to maintain the car they wish to drive.

However, there may be someone who is driving a Diesel delivering 55 mpg and they have to drive to work .... they have no alternative, but have done all they can to keep costs down.

The second signature carries far more weight ..... surely you can agree with that?

We are not being ripped off with Fuel Tax ... it is a very fair tax, it is an optional tax, you pay what you want to. Without it we would have to pay tax on something else - books? Food?

Personally, I'm more than happy to let those who drive gas guzzlers pay three times the fuel tax I do .... because it keeps my costs down - so, carry on paying your high costs
Old 07 August 2011, 03:21 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

When was the last time that anybody signed a petition that actually changed anything out of interest?
Old 07 August 2011, 05:18 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Well, yes, I do see the 'Principle' ...... but, you know, and I know, that the fuel price we pay per mile travelled is a cost that we all choose to pay ...... it's an optional payment for most on here.

Shirley, you'd like to pay less for fuel even when driving a 50mpg snore-mobile.

Dip yer bread, as they say.

I spent last week driving an Audi A2 1.4 TDi...most hateful car I've driven this year. Went ok, but sounded like a Thwaits dumper (3cylinder deisel engine). I don't care if it does 64mpg and costs £30 to tax, it was a horrible incite to future cost orientated eco-motoring (that and the glove box fell open on every pothole...German build quality at its best ).

Had to take the 15mpg Jaaaag for a blast afterwards to balance things out

Last edited by ALi-B; 07 August 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07 August 2011, 05:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I enjoy every moment in my 55 mpg chariot ...... it's a grown ups car
Old 07 August 2011, 11:39 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

FairFuelUK are a bunch of ***** if you ask me and couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.

They've been banging on about reducing fuel costs since January and already wasted 6 months urging people to sign another petition which got us nowhere. Now, their pushing a different petition.
Old 08 August 2011, 07:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Do you think that they are simply harvesting e-mail addresses and selling them?
Old 08 August 2011, 07:20 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Im not signing it as its a waste of time... we need fuel and will pay what ever price they decide to put it at...
Old 08 August 2011, 11:00 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Do you think that they are simply harvesting e-mail addresses and selling them?
No, I just think it's being run by idiots with little idea of what they are actually doing.

They have TWO petitions running at the same time, from the same website.

http://action.fairfueluk.com/page/s/...-price-madness

And the new e-petition http://fairfueluk.com/government_e-petition.html

I've been following them on Twitter and Facebook for months and they are useless.
Old 09 August 2011, 08:59 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just one thing, wheres all the money coming from to do this? cutting 1p off duty cost about a billion pounds where do we recoup that sort of loss. 10p cut thats 10 billion we have to find/tax elsewhere ,pointless....
Old 09 August 2011, 10:35 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Boro;10176567They have TWO petitions running at the same time, from the same website.

[URL
http://action.fairfueluk.com/page/s/fairfueluk-stop-this-fuel-price-madness[/URL]

And the new e-petition http://fairfueluk.com/government_e-petition.html
I'm pretty sure the reason for the second petition is the new "people's government" scheme where if you get over 100,000 signatures for any petition, the subject has to be debated in Parliament (like the other one in the news at the moment for bringing back the death penalty).

In any case, I don't see how you can have too much publicity for this issue, the price of petrol is freaking nuts, and well over half of it is tax. Something needs to be done!
Old 09 August 2011, 10:40 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by matty01
just one thing, wheres all the money coming from to do this? cutting 1p off duty cost about a billion pounds where do we recoup that sort of loss. 10p cut thats 10 billion we have to find/tax elsewhere ,pointless....
Not too sure about your figures, but in any case, how about saving some of that tax by blowing less of it on utterly pointless 'carbon-reduction' initiatives and unnecessary benefits?