Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclist v PC Plod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQPG...layer_embedded

amusing anyhow
Old 30 March 2011, 11:43 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

And this is how cops end up treating members of the public as complete *****.

A copper should be able to get on with his job, not have to quote endless references at the side of the road. That chap should have been in cuffs and marched off to the station to have his identity confirmed.
Old 31 March 2011, 12:10 AM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Seemed a pretentious ****!

Clip round the ear was in order!
Old 31 March 2011, 12:12 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Luminous
And this is how cops end up treating members of the public as complete *****.

A copper should be able to get on with his job, not have to quote endless references at the side of the road. That chap should have been in cuffs and marched off to the station to have his identity confirmed.

+1

If he indeed rode through a red light, all the more reason not to waste time...just pack him in the paddy wagon and let the custody sargeant sort him out.

And I wonder who would come crying to police for action if a driver decided to whack him on the **** with their door mirror?

The world need less of these types of folk. Career cyclists would get a better image without them too.

Last edited by ALi-B; 31 March 2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 31 March 2011, 12:25 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Imagine if it was Gene Hunt who stopped him...
Old 31 March 2011, 01:57 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

The thing is, ignoring the red light, the cyclist is in the right. If the copper is gonna do him for summat he know what it is and be able to communicate it effectively...in this instance he couldn't. Surely a phonecall to the station could have got the necessary info and then put the cyclist in his place. Or perhaps the copper could have been less of a **** in the first place?

Police are there to uphold the law, not create it.
Old 31 March 2011, 07:07 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
The world need less of these types of folk. Career cyclists would get a better image without them too.
Would they ever, it's bad enough cycling around and remaining inside the law without ***** like this giving cyclists a bad name and therefore giving car driver their weak (but in their eyes acceptable) excuses to treat cyclists as 3rd class road users.

I get fed up of people trying squeeze past me in not existent gaps and not giving me enough room to move around obstacles in the road like cars parked in cycle lanes!!!, but when pretentious ***** like him appear on the scene you understand why
Old 31 March 2011, 07:07 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB.T
The thing is, ignoring the red light, the cyclist is in the right. If the copper is gonna do him for summat he know what it is and be able to communicate it effectively...in this instance he couldn't. Surely a phonecall to the station could have got the necessary info and then put the cyclist in his place. Or perhaps the copper could have been less of a **** in the first place?

Police are there to uphold the law, not create it.

A **** for stopping someone going through a red light ?

The police can also arrest you if they have reasonable grounds for suspecting you have committed or attempted to commit any offence, or if you are committing or attempting to commit any offence, but it is impractical or inappropriate to serve a summons. However, they can only do this if one of the following conditions applies:
  • they do not know, and cannot get, your name
  • they think you have given a false name
  • you have not given a satisfactory address. This means an address where the police can contact you
Old 31 March 2011, 08:03 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Wow.

You guys have managed to summarise 4 pages of arguments over on a bike forum in 8 posts

Policeman acted inappropriately
Cyclist was a ****
He should've given his details.
Old 31 March 2011, 09:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Wow.

You guys have managed to summarise 4 pages of arguments over on a bike forum in 8 posts

Cyclist was a ****
I think you summed up why it took 8 pages - Cyclists are *****!

Last edited by The Zohan; 31 March 2011 at 02:08 PM.
Old 31 March 2011, 09:52 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

What! No comments defending cyclists from Clarebabes or daveyboy
Old 31 March 2011, 09:54 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
What! No comments defending cyclists from Clarebabes or daveyboy
They are probably out cycling through red lights
Old 31 March 2011, 09:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Nothing wrong in the attitude of the copper. The cyclist had jumped a red light and deserved a ticket for dangerous behaviour on the road.

The cyclist is a pretentious prat and the copper would have been entitled to call for back up and arrest him.

The copper's job is to uphold the law and it is totally unreasonable to act as the cyclist did especially as he had committed an offence.

If we want to live in an ordered society we have to accept that there is a need for discipline and respect for the law.

Les
Old 31 March 2011, 10:19 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

The copper could have been a little nicer, but well, we do know the sort of people they have to deal with, and this cyclist was one of them.

Worst thing is, the cyclist has gotten away with it, and thinks he can keep doing this. I would actually like to see him be traced down and dealt with. Not so much for the inital offence, but for the fact that he really does believe his is above the law and the copper is just not allowed to do anything to him.

Just how does thig guy think the police operate? Does he actually expect them to recall laws verbatamin as they are trying to arrest an armed robber...or would he rather they flatten the guy with the shotgun, pop him in handcuffs and sort it out at the station.
Old 31 March 2011, 10:41 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
Just how does thig guy think the police operate? Does he actually expect them to recall laws verbatamin as they are trying to arrest an armed robber...or would he rather they flatten the guy with the shotgun, pop him in handcuffs and sort it out at the station.
You need to know if there is an offence committed and have satisfied the grounds for arrest, if not, you'll end up with a false arrest, the arrested person suing, which is always quoted at around £1000/hour, and then a disciplinary hearing.

Of course, the sort it out at the station scenario is covered by The Ways & Means Act.
Old 31 March 2011, 10:51 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
A **** for stopping someone going through a red light ?

I did say 'ignoring the red light'. Sure, going through a red light is wrong, no problem with that. My problem is with the copper's attitude.

As for knowing all laws verbatim, bit harsh yeah but this guy didn't even know which law he was on about. He didn't even offer to check, get help or provide more details at a later date. He just got a chimp on because he'd been outsmarted.
Old 31 March 2011, 10:59 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

What a ****. Anyone else and hed have got a punch in the face. Prime example of where a truncheon to the knee is sufficient.

Punk was obviously out to get caught to make a spectacle.
Old 31 March 2011, 11:01 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.

Cyclist was a ****
Why should the cyclist give his details if he is not legally obliged to do so?
Why didn't the PC arrest him, as that is what he said he would do?
Maybe the PC should have given him some road safety advice instead of going down the ticket route - which in effect, just made the copper look like the Emporer with no cloths.
Old 31 March 2011, 11:34 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
Maybe the PC should have given him some road safety advice instead of going down the ticket route - which in effect, just made the copper look like the Emporer with no cloths.
Would you like our society to have no rules at all? should the copper just stand back and allow cyclists to jump red lights ***** nilly thus causing all kinds of dangerous situations.

Should everyone be able to do exactly as they like with no restriction and no thought for anyone else?

Do you believe in complete anarchy and eventual survival of those in the strongest position or those with the biggest weapons?

Would you prefer no police to control society at all?

Les
Old 31 March 2011, 11:45 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cster
He is obliged to do so. He has committed an offence which is still in force for the moment in any case (going through a red light, dangerous cycling etc) and as such he will receive a summons/ticket. If he refuses to provide his details (name & address) or we believe those details to be wrong, we can arrest him under S24 PACE, as the serving of a summons will be impossible without them. If he continues to refuse his details at the nick, he will be remanded before the next court.

And no, he does not need to know the law word perfect (as the PACE law is huge) – he just needs to know that he has that power to act.

I think, the PC was probably going to have a ‘quiet word’ about his cycling – hence why the PC was caught off guard and had to start fishing around for tickets etc, ie he wasn’t expecting such a defensive attitude for merely passing through a red light.

I don’t know why he made a grab for him – unless this was the arrest. But if so he should have pursued/chased or kept hold of him at least.

Oh well, just another day......
Old 31 March 2011, 11:52 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by The Zohan
I think you summed up why it took 8 pages - Cyclists are *****!

So much anger.....

Old 31 March 2011, 12:01 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

So much anger.....

It's the all Hummus diet!

Last edited by The Zohan; 31 March 2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 31 March 2011, 12:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
He is obliged to do so. He has committed an offence which is still in force for the moment in any case (going through a red light, dangerous cycling etc) and as such he will receive a summons/ticket. If he refuses to provide his details (name & address) or we believe those details to be wrong, we can arrest him under S24 PACE, as the serving of a summons will be impossible without them. If he continues to refuse his details at the nick, he will be remanded before the next court.

And no, he does not need to know the law word perfect (as the PACE law is huge) – he just needs to know that he has that power to act.

I think, the PC was probably going to have a ‘quiet word’ about his cycling – hence why the PC was caught off guard and had to start fishing around for tickets etc, ie he wasn’t expecting such a defensive attitude for merely passing through a red light.

I don’t know why he made a grab for him – unless this was the arrest. But if so he should have pursued/chased or kept hold of him at least.

I agree with your post but am a bit surprised that you say he was "merely" crossing against a red light. Seems pretty dangerous to me.

Les
Old 31 March 2011, 12:11 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.

Bet you had to look that up first!
Old 31 March 2011, 12:13 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

same bloke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxymn59c160

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_5BxzEuU7w
Old 31 March 2011, 12:39 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Well she's a little cutie.
Old 31 March 2011, 12:42 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but this is EXACTLY the reason cyclists should have to have some form of licence and documentation to be on the road. Traceability!!! He broke the law and got away with it as there was nothing the police officer could really do short of arresting him forcefully.

The cyclist is another smart **** with his little camera running so he can post it on You Tube and think he is clever.

Well hopefully karma will pay him a visit soon. What a ****!!!

Last edited by f1_fan; 31 March 2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 31 March 2011, 12:44 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Sorry, but this is EXACTLY the reason cyclists should have to have some form of licence and documentation to be on the road. Traceability!!! He broke the law and got away with it as there was nothing the police officer could really do short of arresting him forcefully.

The cyclist is another smart **** with his little camera running so he can post it on You Tube and think he is clever.

Well hopefully karma will pay him a visit soon. What a ****!!!

Old 31 March 2011, 12:52 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I hate ****** like that, all he's doing is giving the vast majority of ordinary decent bicycle users a bad name

I notice he doesn't show his footage of the actual incident in question (his wankacam must have recorded it)

I bet the reason is that it proves the copper to have been in the right
Old 31 March 2011, 01:02 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I hate ****** like that, all he's doing is giving the vast majority of ordinary decent bicycle users a bad name

I notice he doesn't show his footage of the actual incident in question (his wankacam must have recorded it)

I bet the reason is that it proves the copper to have been in the right
+1

Policeman should have nodded then asked to see the type of camera the cyclist was using. Then he should have stamped on the camera smashing it to bits, then booted the living **** out of the ****.

This has nothing to do with cyclists, just the simple fact that the guy on the bike is a total ****.

Quick Reply: Cyclist v PC Plod