Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tesco Clubcard - Every little helps...hmmm...

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2010, 05:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tesco Clubcard - Every little helps...hmmm...

From my POV we use the vouchers for places like Tenpin of F&B's where their value is 4x the face value we usually get 25.00 or so at around Christmas which we then put towards one of our girls birthday party in Jan.

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/18102010/389...-act-fast.html
Old 18 October 2010, 05:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Party is Over ... welcome to a world with Tories in power
Old 18 October 2010, 05:18 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

I've had a few Pizza Express vouchers, Cadbury World tickets and I swapped some for dog food tokens, other than that there's **** all worth having!
Old 18 October 2010, 05:32 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I don't use one 'cos I can't be bothered carrying around another piece of plastic for pepper corn returns. There are a million corporate loyalty cards and my philosophy is that if the corporate world want me to do something, it is 'cos it is to their benefit and not mine.

What really ****s me off is the retarded automatic check outs saying "insert clubcard" every ****ing time no matter whether one intends to or not.
Old 18 October 2010, 05:41 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
I don't use one 'cos I can't be bothered carrying around another piece of plastic for pepper corn returns. There are a million corporate loyalty cards and my philosophy is that if the corporate world want me to do something, it is 'cos it is to their benefit and not mine.

What really ****s me off is the retarded automatic check outs saying "insert clubcard" every ****ing time no matter whether one intends to or not.
You won't believe how much these companies make out of loyalty schemes They are not for the customer's benefit.

the data they collect builds up very nice picture of you "mr consumer monkey.. "
Old 18 October 2010, 06:06 PM
RJMS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
You won't believe how much these companies make out of loyalty schemes They are not for the customer's benefit.

the data they collect builds up very nice picture of you "mr consumer monkey.. "
Maybe, but I'm not that concerned at anybody knowing what goes in the families weekly shop, its hardly a state secret. In fact a lot of the time it means you get money off things that you are likely to be buying (or at least considering buying)

The vouchers when quadrupled up can and have meant some nice hotel breaks in the past and will probably continue to do so, it is a shame their reducing their value though!
Old 18 October 2010, 06:38 PM
cazyp
Scooby Newbie

And yet how the loyalty cards first started is still a bit of a secret..
But here goes.. Many years ago before we had loyalty cards and little was understood about HIV ( there is a link trust me) an HIV positive person came up with a nasty plan.
He threatened a supermarket who shall remain nameless ( but if you find out the first one that offered loyalty cards then you're there..) with injecting infected blood into their food products. Enough evidence was found to suggest he was HIV positive to make them sit up a listen. His plan was that they placed a large sum of money into a bank account then issued customers nationwide with loyalty cards. Each one pre programed with the same pin code. If you remember all the original cards had black cash card like strips..
The supermarket complied and 'he' collected the card along with thousands of other shoppers then went on a non too random spree of cash machine withdrawals. His use of the same group of machines was his downfall and he was caught.
This all remained a secret due to the hype of HIV, the cards all containing a pin number and the danger of someone trying it again.
Old 18 October 2010, 06:47 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Eh?

With respect to the devaluing of the Clubcard deals, it was on the cards as soon as the 2x points offer came in.

The Air-miles exchange rate was reduced in September.

Steve
Old 18 October 2010, 07:08 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Loyalty cards are just a new version of Blue chip stamps or coop stamps etc, as a reward for spending continually with them over time,
but now they can see what your buying by your loyalty card history.
Old 18 October 2010, 07:16 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cazyp
But here goes.. Many years ago before we had loyalty cards and little was understood about HIV ( there is a link trust me) an HIV positive person came up with a nasty plan.
He threatened a supermarket who shall remain nameless ( but if you find out the first one that offered loyalty cards then you're there..) with injecting infected blood into their food products. Enough evidence was found to suggest he was HIV positive to make them sit up a listen. His plan was that they placed a large sum of money into a bank account then issued customers nationwide with loyalty cards. Each one pre programed with the same pin code. If you remember all the original cards had black cash card like strips..
The supermarket complied and 'he' collected the card along with thousands of other shoppers then went on a non too random spree of cash machine withdrawals. His use of the same group of machines was his downfall and he was caught.
This all remained a secret due to the hype of HIV, the cards all containing a pin number and the danger of someone trying it again.
wtf
Old 18 October 2010, 07:17 PM
cazyp
Scooby Newbie

Strange.. But true.
Old 18 October 2010, 07:18 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Strange.. But true.
ok then, I have some researching/timwasting to do
Old 18 October 2010, 08:32 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Caz maybe I can't read or maybe you are just ****e at story telling but i'm well confused!
Old 18 October 2010, 09:21 PM
cazyp
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Caz maybe I can't read or maybe you are just ****e at story telling but i'm well confused!
sh..e at typing the story of how loyalty cards came about I reckon. I blame this phone!
Old 19 October 2010, 12:02 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

mentioned on wikipedia, facbook and the.. scottish herald. JHow come I cant find anything anywhere else?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...ailed-1.656568
Old 19 October 2010, 01:50 AM
cazyp
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by little-ginge
mentioned on wikipedia, facbook and the.. scottish herald. JHow come I cant find anything anywhere else?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...ailed-1.656568

Because it was kept VERY secret at the time and the press has since been discouraged from reporting the story..
Old 19 October 2010, 06:25 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

If loyalty cards had not been around long before the time of this story then that would be a great tale. But sadly loyalty cards as an idea pre-date this story by at least 14 years
Old 19 October 2010, 11:18 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
T

he Party is Over ... welcome to a world with Tories in power
A world where we are left without the capacity to launch fixed wing aircraft at sea for the next decade having inherited the debt of a Labour mandated ponzi scheme. Shame on that administration and its supporters.
Old 19 October 2010, 11:21 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
A world where we are left without the capacity to launch fixed wing aircraft at sea for the next decade having inherited the debt of a Labour mandated ponzi scheme. Shame on that administration and its supporters.
Can you buy fixed wing aircraft with Clubcard points?

Steve
Old 19 October 2010, 11:25 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Tesco seem to be full of scruffy mongs, I really think I should shop at Waitrose or risk catching skin diseases from these types. Ughh.
Old 19 October 2010, 11:46 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve vRS
Can you buy fixed wing aircraft with Clubcard points?

Steve
Tesco Defence is off limits to the British, we simply haven't saved enough points.
Old 19 October 2010, 12:02 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Tesco seem to be full of scruffy mongs, I really think I should shop at Waitrose or risk catching skin diseases from these types. Ughh.
The Waitrose in Altrincham is next to the tip!

Steve
Old 19 October 2010, 04:41 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
The Party is Over ... welcome to a world with Tories in power
I imagine that you are referring to the brainless overborrowing by your heroes for all those years which enabled them to make the economy look artificially good while they were building up a National Debt approaching £One trillion!

How any government can continue to **** the nation's money against the wall with absolutely no regard for the future when it was all going to catch up as it has now is absolutely beyond any kind of understanding. Would you do that with your accounts, ie spending nonstop on your credit card without any thought for the fact that you will eventually have to pay it back and also find the immense interest charges that we are having to find now? I would be very surprised if you are that stupid and anyway you would not admit to it if you were I am sure!

No good blaming the recession for the troubles, that has made it far more difficult to recover from the situation of course and shows that NL had no thought for protection against such possible problems in the future. Not to forget of course that their policy of allowing the banks to proceed as they felt like with no regulation was effectively part of the cause of the recession anyway.

What a load of plonkers they were and still are of course.

I would really like to see an effective defence of NL actions from you and please don't bother to tell us what a clever chap Flash was and how he saved the world. We know better!

Please explain how it is that our grandchildren will still have to continue paying it all back and whether NL can be proud of that!

Les