Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Talk-Talk scumbags!

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2010, 10:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Talk-Talk scumbags!

Received a letter from a debt collections agency this morning on behalf of talk talk.

Been with talk talk for 6 months first three months no problems whatsoever. We pay our bills such as dd's from an account separate from our current account automatically transfer the money in each month and what is left is spent of adding to my already impressive collection of **** memorabilia oh and food for the family if there is any left over.

Anyhow Talk talk stopped taking the DD four months ago not sure why they did this but they did. I haven't noticed as i haven't been looking for it and the £20.00 per month is not a huge amount floating about in the account as bills go out at all times of the month. TBH we have had other things to worry about but that is another story...

I call the debt collectors and speak to an officious woman who informs me i now owe £200.00+ with their charges and monthly charges to the end of my 12 month contract with Talk Talk and "how would i like to pay the balance in full, by card?" I said "No!"

I cannot find a bill from talk talk anywhere for the last 4 months and i am certainly not paying this agency £200.00+ with a full and thorough breakdown of charges and then only what i am prepared to pay.

Talk Talk are just rubbish not contacted me by post or ironically phone or email either. Please do not consider Talk Talk as a service provider.

Any recommendations for a TV/BB/phone provider i noticed that SKY are doing a deal with Quidco (thanks Stu!) which should see me £105.00 back to my wallet.

Last edited by The Zohan; 27 September 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Old 27 September 2010, 10:20 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Had a pop-up on my computer from BT saying that I hadn't paid my broadband bill and would be facing disconnection.

Been with them for 10 years. Anyhow I go through all the call centres and turns out that they haven't sent the bill. As a result the nice man says he will waive the 4 quid penalty charge for sending out a second bill, which I thought was really generous of them.

Why do they always assume that the customer is at fault until you prove otherwise?
Old 27 September 2010, 10:26 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo2
Had a pop-up on my computer from BT saying that I hadn't paid my broadband bill and would be facing disconnection.

Been with them for 10 years. Anyhow I go through all the call centres and turns out that they haven't sent the bill. As a result the nice man says he will waive the 4 quid penalty charge for sending out a second bill, which I thought was really generous of them.

Why do they always assume that the customer is at fault until you prove otherwise?
Agreed, you would have thought they would have sent a disconnection notice or called - especially after THREE/FOUR months of non payment - the phone and BB are still going!
Y
ou wait it will get cut off now! But apparently i haven't even been a customer as of 09/09/2010
Old 27 September 2010, 10:35 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I left talk talk as soon as my contract expired because they are cr@p. Only when I left was it exposed to me that they use a proprietary system to connect you to your broadband and as a result no MAC code is provided (or available to be accurate) when you leave and it takes about 3-weeks to reconnect you back to the main network so you can get broadband off someone else.

IIRC, talk talk don't send bills, your account is managed on-line so when you log on you'll probably find emails in your personal site from them, although I'd expect letters as you say. It's all too easy to make the problem someone else's hence the reason they will have passed it to a collection agency I presume.

I'd suggest a quick call to ofcom and a visit to the CAB for some advice.
Old 27 September 2010, 11:42 AM
mslorach
Scooby Regular

I've had recent problems with talktalk too, I was with tiscali and had a half decent connection even though I live in a remote location. When it switched to talktalk it got very slow, then I kept getting called by their sales team only to have the line go dead every time i answered the phone, this was happening 3 or 4 times a day for about a week. When I eventually did speak to someone they tried to sign me up for an 18 month contract. I refused and asked for my mac code, after 2 weeks and countless phone calls to rude customer service staff I've finally got it.
Think I'm going to sign up to BT this time for a phone and broadband package.
Old 27 September 2010, 11:48 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I hope they can't force you to pay all those charges. Certainly their fault if they have not been taking the DD. I suppose they will argue that you should have questioned that, but it is an omission by them in the first place.

Les
Old 27 September 2010, 12:33 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk talk are muppets I tried telling my Mum that if you pay peanuts you get monkeys but she still signed up to them. She has had dd issues,router issues and she only signed up 2 months ago.
Old 27 September 2010, 12:46 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I'd been with them for several years until they disconnected my broadband for no reason.

They eventually agreed that it was their mistake but it would be 30 days until they could re connect me.

Cutting a very long drawn-out story short, they still hadn't connected me 3 months later due to 'technical' reasons.
I just got lie after lie after lie, in-between always getting cut off on the phone.

Told them many times what lying theiving scum they are and then I went and got connected with Plusnet less than week later with no issues.

Talk****e really are absolute scummy shysters and everyone should be advised to stay away.
Old 27 September 2010, 01:39 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had any problems with them.
Watch this space eh?
Old 27 September 2010, 01:49 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Paul, take it here Túrd Burglars Forum and you are far more likely to get your problem resolved.

Gone are the days when you can phone and get the truth and ultimately somebody capable of resolving anything.
Old 27 September 2010, 01:52 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Spoon
Paul, take it here Túrd Burglars Forum and you are far more likely to get your problem resolved.

Gone are the days when you can phone and get the truth and ultimately somebody capable of resolving anything.

That is one busy forum
Old 27 September 2010, 01:57 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
That is one busy forum
Isn't it just, and what a complete kin disgrace it is too. Incompetence at its best from Talk Talk.

That said, Paul has more chance there than anywhere else to get his gripe sorted.
Old 27 September 2010, 02:08 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Spoon
Isn't it just, and what a complete kin disgrace it is too. Incompetence at its best from Talk Talk.

That said, Paul has more chance there than anywhere else to get his gripe sorted.

Quite at least they are more honest on their forum

it would seem that this company is slowly grinding to a halt again
And that is from the talk talk staff
Old 27 September 2010, 08:13 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

TalkTalk Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Never mind you learn the hard way ;-)
Old 27 September 2010, 09:04 PM
burbling1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there a way of getting out of the contract without paying for the remaining of the contract? I am moving house in a few weeks and I cant be ar5ed with them anymore I only signed up about 3 months ago but want to go back to bt.