Sponsored by:

Manchester Car Jackers

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2003, 04:50 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Just a word of warning to all Manchester based Scooby owners. (in fact any performance car owners!)

Last night friend of mine had an early morning wake up call (5am) by 3 scumbags whom decided they wanted his scooby. They kicked the front door in, in a attempt to steal his keys. (which were in the door) My friend woke up and ran to the top of the stairs when he sore 2 scumbags at the front door, one called up to him "get back in bed you muppet" His dog ran past him and down the stairs at which point the scumbags got a bit nervous. "get the keys" one called to his mate. His mate grabbed the keys to his works van and they both fled to the awaiting car (which happend to be another scooby) and it shot off up the road as my mate ran out with his bat.

As you can imagine this is a pretty scary and horrible situation to happen, especially with his child and missus in the house.
He asked me to put this one here to try and warn people to be extra vigalent. Luckly they didnt get the keys to the scooby even though the scumbag had his hands right next to them, he failed to notice them in the lock.

His missus now wants rid of the car, you cant blame her really.

The police have said that there was another scooby stolen last night from the romily area though this is unclear weather or not it was the one that the scumbags were in. After my mates house they tried to get another in the Oldham/ashton area but failed to get that one too. He said the lads were all about 20ish but he couldnt give a great description as they had scarfs round there faces with hats on.

Just incase the scooby the scumbags were in wassent the Romily stolen one, heres a few details...

Green early shape scooby.
WRX on the bootlid (strange in itself as they dont make WRX in green)
HKS Hiper muffler
Gold wheels
Low level spoiler

Unfortunatly he couldnt make out the plate.

Be extra vigilent out there and keep your wits about you while driving about. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Cheers.
Old 11 June 2003, 04:57 PM
Alex Creasey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Sorry to hear that. Know exactly what it's like!
Old 11 June 2003, 05:56 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

was the car garaged????
Old 11 June 2003, 06:20 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Jeez, sorry to hear about that Mate, so I do have every reason to be paranoid round Manc, its not just me

Ironically Im working in Liverpool for the next few weeks, and my car is as safe as houses whilst there thankfully

Old 11 June 2003, 06:28 PM
Rasher
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've seen a green Scoob knocking about around me with 3 people in it, will have to check if it's got the WRX on the back, it had the exhaust etc.
I am sure it lives around the Racecourse area, or it spends a lot time cruising around there
Old 11 June 2003, 07:12 PM
Jonto
Scooby Regular

Angry

It's situations like this that make me want to keep a 12bore in the house !
Old 11 June 2003, 07:36 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Wink

Still got mine
Just remember Tony Martins fete though [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11 June 2003, 08:07 PM
Dazza012
Scooby Regular

Angry

just remember when u got hold of 1 of the little w**kers, make sure his scum sucking mates are out of sight before u kick the f**king sh*te outta him, then feed him to the dog, wouldn't want you getting in touble now would we, self defence is the word or is it ur word againt mine......
Old 11 June 2003, 09:40 PM
Subaru_jim
Scooby Newbie

Sorry to possibly bring-up old news. But what happened to tony martin???
Old 11 June 2003, 10:07 PM
asifR1
Scooby Regular

what area was it m8??? if you don't wanna post, mail me, 'm in the droyslden area!!!

slightly worried as i know leave my golf out all the time!!!
Old 11 June 2003, 10:28 PM
prodrive1
Scooby Regular

I think this is the time to get to know the right people if you don't already.

****ing basterd's if they tried that with me. I would make just one phone call and find out who it was.

so people try to get connected.

prodrive1
Old 11 June 2003, 10:51 PM
Subaru_jim
Scooby Newbie

So does anyone know what part of manchester these jackings are in??? I live in between oldham and manchester so an idea might make me feel a bit better. Cheers
Old 11 June 2003, 10:52 PM
molly
Scooby Regular

romiley in stockport
Old 12 June 2003, 12:02 AM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

thats why my mate got rid of his scooby and bought a new Audi A4 Cabriolet

PS, Asif, i know where you live
Old 12 June 2003, 12:17 AM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

This happened last night/this morning in Dukinfield and the car is not garaged. Unfortunatly not everyone has the pleasure of a garage or driveway. The scooby is just a standard looking motor no fancy bits atall.

The fellow who owns the car does know alot of peeps, no one knows who this is though and thats quite suprising. The way the faffed about in the house and got panicy suggests that they are just kids trying it on. They dont seem to be well known in the north of manchester thats for sure.

Where is racecourse?
Old 12 June 2003, 08:16 AM
asifR1
Scooby Regular

PS, Asif, i know where you live
so if my car goes 'missing' i know where to come
Old 12 June 2003, 08:35 AM
SuperFlyGuy
Scooby Regular

Angry

DUKINFIELD???????????

I'm in Dukinfield. 4 of the ******* tried twice to have mine last August.....Seen driving around the estate in a blue Cavilier acting suspiciously a few days before. Didnt do any damage but a neighbour disturbed them at 3am.....then again at 4am. Scary stuff.
Old 12 June 2003, 09:04 AM
jimr
Scooby Regular

As far as I'm concerned Tony Martins made one mistake (he didn't shoot the other thieving pykies and bury them both in one of his fields). Its a crying shame when you own a nice motor and you can't sleep properly at night b'cos of the thought that some young Burberry cap wearing ***** might attempt to kick your door down and demand your car keys, but what do you do???? do you confront them and give 'em a good hiding or do you give them the keys to your pride and joy and then rely on the cops to sort it out?????
Old 12 June 2003, 09:15 AM
AliWrx Mk2
Scooby Regular

Terrible news mate, but it seems to be a sign of the times.
Its one of the reasons I got rid of my Scooby.
You just can't have anything nice these days without some **** taking it from you because they want it. Tossers!
As for Tony Martin, that poor sod was up before the parole board a month or so ago trying for early release. The parole officer decided he should remain behind bars because and I quote 'burglars need protection from aggressive home owners!'
I mean WTF?

Ali
Old 12 June 2003, 10:51 AM
323GTR
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bad news. My last car was jacked in Manchester and never seen again, not a pleasant experience. I hope the ******* get what they deserve.
Old 12 June 2003, 12:14 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

park outside someone else's house
Old 12 June 2003, 12:19 PM
Davey P
Scooby Regular

"Burglers need protection against home owners"

What the f**k?

Who's side are we on?
Old 12 June 2003, 01:16 PM
jimr
Scooby Regular

Check todays sun newspaper out (Tony Martin page 46)Tony Martin now has a 60K price tag on his head for knocking off some thieving *******s that decided to pick on him. whats that all about????????
Old 12 June 2003, 01:19 PM
Barnesy
Scooby Regular

I had three scumbags looking a while back at 3am. I'm in Stalybridge, also I leave my scoob in Romiley at my girlfriends.
Old 12 June 2003, 04:54 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

I'm in Dukinfield. 4 of the ******* tried twice to have mine last August.....Seen driving around the estate in a blue Cavilier acting suspiciously a few days before. Didnt do any damage but a neighbour disturbed them at 3am.....then again at 4am. Scary stuff.
You'd of seen his car then.

My mum lives on the top estate near the golf club. Last year they were up there looking for cars. Fellow down the road has the rarther nice dark reddish Cossie that is his pride and joy, sure you would of seen it JET on the plate? They stole that last year. The car was in his garage, the scumbags kicked in the door ran upstairs and put a knife to his daughters throught, telling him if he didnt hand over the keys they would "cut her". Obviously he gave them his keys and they fled. The car was recoverd 40 mins later in Audenshaw thanks to Tracker.

Not only that but they tried for next door to my mums for the keys to his BMW. My mum seen them and turned the light on thinking they would flee! Wrong they decided to kick my mums front door in and steal what they could. One of the scumbags ran upstairs to where my mum was and demanded her diamonds!?!?! Ermmm what fecking diamonds?

This is the times we live in. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Something needs to be done. Unfortunatly the police are more intrested in catching motorists.
Old 12 June 2003, 05:00 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Question

Did anyone read this in the paper a few months back?

A lad was driving down through Manchseter on a weekend night (Deansgate) when he was punched in the side of the head and dragged out of his Evo. The lad got to his feet and battered the **** out of 3 of them!

Little did they know that the lad is british thai boxing champion.

Poetic justice...
Old 12 June 2003, 05:28 PM
prodrive1
Scooby Regular

so who's got a bat in thier car then.
Old 12 June 2003, 05:32 PM
Steve001
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Sorry to here of your loss and hope you and your family are ok.

The question of 'what would you do?' comes up a lot in these posts.

The way i see it is, NO its not just a piece of metal, its all the hastle, insurance claims, payment of exess etc etc etc.... and ITS MY BLOODY CAR, IV'E WORKED HARD FOR IT!!

Let say we value all of the above to a round £1000

If you, or I for that matter had a grand in cash on them (i wish) and some young tow rag wanted to take it off me, unless he had a gun, he would get a grands worth of resistance in order to take it from me!

I have not been subject to this (fingers crossed) but i feel its time we stood up to these bast*rds if you get to know who they are, get em sorted out, there's allways someone who will do it for you. for a price!

If you ain't got a tracker GET ONE, allways set your alarm, even when filling up (it only takes a second) if you hav'nt got a garage (like me) shut the gates and get a big paddlock on. i do and i recon it would take a pro to get my car without waking me (and the dog) up.

GET A BIG DOG if you like pets, there worth eveny penny and their good company too.

(not the best at writing and grammar, but you get my point)

Steve
Old 12 June 2003, 05:36 PM
asifR1
Scooby Regular

A lad was driving down through Manchseter on a weekend night (Deansgate) when he was punched in the side of the head and dragged out of his Evo. The lad got to his feet and battered the **** out of 3 of them!

Little did they know that the lad is british thai boxing champion.
quality....
Old 12 June 2003, 08:15 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Hmmmm the only person i know with a green impreza is one M.S. (his brother has a silver one, one S.S )
I suppose with the ammount of scoobs in the area now, the theiving scumbags have a choice of easy and not so easy targets (the easy ones being the best to go for) along with the fact that they go for the JDM cars over the UK (advantage IMHO as i have a UK car and most of the scoobs around here are JDM's (old ones at that )).
Its not nice though to wake up to find either someone booting down your front/back/patio door at 3am though [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Tony

Quick Reply: Manchester Car Jackers