Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2010, 08:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry More stupidity results in a childs death

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...e/10241928.stm
Stupid ******* cow!
manslaughter is a good verdict - despite being told baby could choke on it she still gave it to the poor mite.

Only 18 months for the life of a child - 12 years+ imho seems more fitting.

I hope someone chokes her to death in Prison

Last edited by The Zohan; 05 June 2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05 June 2010, 01:08 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

She must be very single minded or just unbelievably stupid. Certainly it was criminal negligence and she deserves a heavy punishment for sure.

Les
Old 05 June 2010, 07:41 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Im surprised the Daily Mail only mentioned Polish twice, and one of them was to describe the sausage!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e--jailed.html

What a tragedy the loss of such a young child
Old 05 June 2010, 07:50 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jaybird-UK
Im surprised the Daily Mail only mentioned Polish twice, and one of them was to describe the sausage!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e--jailed.html

What a tragedy the loss of such a young child
I guess she will be another asylum claim, fearing retribution in Poland and the taxpayer will have to keep her as well...
Old 05 June 2010, 08:22 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I'm nto a parent, but the other side of the coin is that she just happened to feed something nice to a child. It is hard to know where the hammer should fall on this, loads of people do really nice things for children that mothers do not necessarily approve of.

I'm guessing all the other children at the party were eating sausage at the party and had no issue.
Old 05 June 2010, 08:29 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luminous
I'm nto a parent, but the other side of the coin is that she just happened to feed something nice to a child. It is hard to know where the hammer should fall on this, loads of people do really nice things for children that mothers do not necessarily approve of.

I'm guessing all the other children at the party were eating sausage at the party and had no issue.
Hmm, having been told not to feed a baby solids like sausages it is a shame she did not heed the warning.
Old 05 June 2010, 08:36 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Well, yes, i can see your point. I don't want to start an argument, but some if all others were eating the same thing you can kind of understand why she did it. I see it from both sides, clearly the ending is incredibly tragic, but then also she maybe was just trying to be kind.

Not one of those people who should be hung.....
Old 05 June 2010, 08:41 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Well, yes, i can see your point. I don't want to start an argument, but some if all others were eating the same thing you can kind of understand why she did it. I see it from both sides, clearly the ending is incredibly tragic, but then also she maybe was just trying to be kind.

Not one of those people who should be hung.....
No nor me looking for an argument. I just cannot imagine feeding a baby something that i have been told specifically not to by its mother...
Old 05 June 2010, 09:07 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I suppose that is the other side of the coin. She should have listened to what she was told. Its just a hard call to make, I know of many protective mothers (mine), and many other people who were in charge of me letting me get on with it like the others kids (against what my mum had said).

It really is a hard call to make. Stupid, maybe, caring, perhaps. I really would not have liked to be the judge on that case, no winners ever

Just wanted to make sure that the flip side of the coin was represented before the "burn her" crew jumped in
Old 05 June 2010, 10:26 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I suppose that is the other side of the coin. She should have listened to what she was told. Its just a hard call to make, I know of many protective mothers (mine), and many other people who were in charge of me letting me get on with it like the others kids (against what my mum had said).

It really is a hard call to make. Stupid, maybe, caring, perhaps. I really would not have liked to be the judge on that case, no winners ever

Just wanted to make sure that the flip side of the coin was represented before the "burn her" crew jumped in
I kind of agree with where you come from, and maybe as neither of us are parents it makes a difference to how we see it.

I'm not saying I agree that she went against the mothers wishes, but I don't think she meant any harm (no matter how stupid).

My childhood seems similar to yours, Mam was very protective, and while under other care, they weren't so (grandparents). Thankfully no real damage was done, a little hassle but nothing major in the grand scheme of things.

Not that I'm blaming the mother, but I guess this is always a risk leaving a child with someone else, you can't guarantee they will follow what you say, or have the same judgement.

It's tragic, but I don't think it's right to want blood in this case.
Old 06 June 2010, 09:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think the mother can't really be blamed since she specifically told her not to give the baby a piece of sausage.

It would surely be obvious that there must be a good reason for that instruction so she was negligent to ignore it.

Les
Old 06 June 2010, 01:05 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default mother knows her child

I have no sympathy what so ever for the defendant.
She should have listened to the mother, the child was only nine months old, proberbly very few teeth if any at all definatly not got any molars with wich to chew a piece of sausage,may well have still been on baby food/mashed up veg ect and used to just swollowing everything thats put in it's mouth.
I have a child and hold very strong views about what he should and should not be eating, what with all the cr@p that goes into food these days, woebetide anyone that gives him anything i have expressly given them instructions not to give him.
Ok this exampele is at the extreem end of the scale but it is an example of what can happen.
Can't even begin to imagine how life shattering this experience must be for the parents,my heart goes out to them..