Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone hired a villa in NW France in Summer?

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2010, 12:08 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We always go right down to South of France and love it. Hire Villa, with pool and its fantastic.
Not done NW, but this might help.

http://www.cheznous.com/SpecialOffers.aspx

Oh, and speak to the owners, you can usually save a few bob going direct to them. Naughty but worth it
Old 04 June 2010, 07:09 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I normally go through the gites de france internet site.
I am sure there are others about though.
Old 04 June 2010, 08:04 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cster
I normally go through the gites de france internet site.
I am sure there are others about though.
+1 for Gites de France.

I would also recommend the beach at Sable d'or les pins if you're in that corner of NW France. Local bouillabaisse is to die for!
Old 04 June 2010, 08:28 AM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

I have done this many times. We always had a great time, we dont have kids - so we go over with some friends and hire a big place near Alencon for a week. We stay in a 12 bedroom place, and thats £1500 p/w. Everyone puts £100 into a kitty and we just spend a week watching meat burn on the BBQ drinking beer.
Old 04 June 2010, 12:25 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by **************
Thanks for the replies

Lee yep did South of France loads when I was a kid with my parents. Can't do it with my kids now though as couldn't take the baby all that way in the car. Hoping as far as La Rochelle sort of area will be far enough for warm sunny weather. Basically just want it to be good enough to play in the pool with the kids all week.

I'll have a good look on the 2 websites mentioned and see what comes up.

Good luck.

It is hard work with a baby. We first did that long trip when my daughter was 18months old. She was a royal pain in the ***

Oh and sometimes, when looking at the websites mentioned, there are links to others. I have found many a bargain. Takes an age and a load of waffle to the owners, but can really save quite a lot.
Old 04 June 2010, 02:56 PM
gussy
Scooby Regular

Location: oop north in a spec-c.Now sold and starting on a classic ra track/sprint/road car
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bravo we have done La Rochelle a few times stopped in a gite a few miles outside the town at pyravault owned by an english couple in total they have 4 off them in an old farm complex very quite,swimming pool etc we had our kids with use 5 + 11 years old it was we found a good base for exploring the area and suprisingly it does not take long to drive down from the ferry at Carne.
Old 04 June 2010, 03:43 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Not got a holiday booked this year for a number of reasons. However now fancy 5-7 days in NW France self catering as long as it has a private pool.

NW France should be warm in July/August and easy to jump on the ferry for us and then drive down.

Anyone done similar and has any recomendations? Needs to be for 2 adults and 4 kids (baby - 13 years old). Could do with being close to an area with a water park or somewhere to take the kids on the odd day out but not essential if near the coast with good beaches.

Have done a search on Google and a brief look finds some very nice places down near La Rochelle but cost £1200 for the week which is more than I wanted to pay just for the accomodation.
Stayed in a gite in Chavaignes owned by a mate's sister last May. Loire Valley near Bauge, Anger, Saumur... Can recommend the area for a holiday. The place we stayed in is a bit remote, small for your needs though...