Conservatives launch manifesto

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2010, 11:01 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Conservatives launch manifesto

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100412...n-fa6b408.html

The Tories seem hell bent on saving money by reducing waste and pointless spending - well can i ask why there is no mention on curbing the EU immigrants/immigration who can come here and claim housing and JSA for starters.

See this thread for the hidden costs to schools, police and health services, etc of being the EU's dustbin: https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-migrants.html

Can someone elighten me as to the Tory policy on the EU after their spectacular climb down re a refurendum and what exactly sperates them from NL policy wise, what benefits there will be to a tory government.

I am sick of NL i just do not want to waste a vote on more of the same policies with a new party in charge.
Old 13 April 2010, 11:06 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20100412...n-fa6b408.html

The Tories seem hell bent on saving money by reducing waste and pointless spending - well can i ask why there is no mention on curbing the EU immigrants/immigration who can come here and claim housing and JSA for starters.

See this thread for the hidden costs to schools, police and health services, etc of being the EU's dustbin: https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-migrants.html

Can someone elighten me as to the Tory policy on the EU after their spectacular climb down re a refurendum and what exactly sperates them from NL policy wise, what benefits there will be to a tory government.

I am sick of NL i just do not want to waste a vote on more of the same policies with a new party in charge.
Couldn't agree more and with all their pledges to save money and cut costs they go to all the expense of launching their manifesto in the remains of Battersea Power Station - I know it's not our money they are spending, but it is the principle of the matter.

I love how they say they chose the location as a symbol of regeneration when it isn't being regenerated and is only in that state because of their sell offs in the 1980s/1990s
Old 13 April 2010, 11:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I get fed up with all these special associations and attempts at clever lines etc.

Why cant they just stand up and say it like it is in a way that we can understand fully.

The rest of it means nothing!

Les
Old 13 April 2010, 12:33 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Being launched right next to my work. Lovely traffic lol
Old 13 April 2010, 12:56 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

For any party to mention Imigrants, either legal or otherwise would be jumped on by every other party, branding the "Racist" card.

The Labour party wil be going throught the Torries manafesto with a fine tooth comb. Any mention of stopping immigrants from entering the uk, or sending immigrants home, will have them jumping on it, and branding David Cameron a Racist.

Better they just get into power, the shut the gates. We wish.
Old 13 April 2010, 01:20 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Are the BNP the only party openly mentioning immigration?
Old 13 April 2010, 01:24 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butkus
Are the BNP the only party openly mentioning immigration?

No UKIP want us out of the EU and a stop to immigration...

let me shake the man by the hand
Old 13 April 2010, 01:53 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
For any party to mention Imigrants, either legal or otherwise would be jumped on by every other party, branding the "Racist" card.

The Labour party wil be going throught the Torries manafesto with a fine tooth comb. Any mention of stopping immigrants from entering the uk, or sending immigrants home, will have them jumping on it, and branding David Cameron a Racist.

Better they just get into power, the shut the gates. We wish.
And here lies the problem, mention immigration and control and getting out from under the EU's control and you are branded racist - why is that?

If one of the big three got behind this then i would really think about voting for them. I am not on about kicking out all the darkies, this is not to do with colour or relgion at all.

If you look back thorough my post on Peterborough it sums up all that is wroong with EU immigration. This is not racist/racism this is common sense surely.

Last edited by The Zohan; 13 April 2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 13 April 2010, 02:02 PM
mr_D
Scooby Regular

tell me which one is going to reduce the cost of living and i will vote for them
Old 13 April 2010, 02:37 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Tories promise to compensate Equitable Life members £1bn

So thats the accountants, solicitors and doctors who thought they were being clever by going direct.

Tories want to hand over failing schools to the private sector.

NO NO and NO.
Old 13 April 2010, 02:40 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

And here lies the problem, mention immigration and control and getting out from under the EU's control and you are branded racist - why is that?

If one of the big three got behind this then i would really think about voting for them. I am not on about kicking out all the darkies, this is not to do with colour or relgion at all.

If you look back thorough my post on Peterborough it sums up all that is wroong with EU immigration. This is not racist/racism this is common sense surely.
Totally agree
Old 13 April 2010, 06:39 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

more power to the people means less power to Brussels - EU referendum Mr Cameron?
Old 13 April 2010, 07:07 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I lifted this from the BBC website, it was on earlier but it's changed now.

"Annual limit on the number of non-EU economic migrants to UK, with access only for those who bring "most value to British economy"

In it's entirety....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8617433.stm
Old 14 April 2010, 09:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
I lifted this from the BBC website, it was on earlier but it's changed now.

"Annual limit on the number of non-EU economic migrants to UK, with access only for those who bring "most value to British economy"

In it's entirety....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politi...10/8617433.stm
And the big problem with this is the Non EU part, peterboroughs problems are EU migrants, EU migrants classed as british and able to access the same financial, housing and schools, healthcare, etc benefits from all accounts.

I have just been on the tory website and pretty much asked them thier stance on EU immigratration and wil publish the (if any) reply.

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 April 2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 14 April 2010, 11:01 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

And the big problem with this is the Non EU part, peterboroughs problems are EU migrants, EU migrants classed as british and able to access the same financial, housing and schools, healthcare, etc benefits from all accounts.

On this basis alone i will not vote for them or the other main parties as they all seem happy to bend over and take whatever the EU say without question, without caring for the consiquences and most importantly without a referendum. It is one of the fundimental problems the UK has and as more poor counties are allowed into the EU we will suffer for this - not fair, not right and not good for the country - IMHO

If you want to curb spending then look at what money the gov't are pouring into non British from europe now classed as British people.

Makes no sense and cannot be allowed to continue.
I think your points about the Eu are the most important thing about this coming election.

I was extremely disappointed when NL binned their promise of a referendum over the Lisbon con job. They kept telling us that it was only a clearing up job to help the Eu to run better and was of little significance when in truth it is a very long way to total federation. Yet again we were lied to and Flash even went to sign it on a different day to the rest hoping we might not notice!

The next thing is the breaking of the promise by the Conservatives after the Irish voted yes. There is still no reason why we cannot still have a referendum and leave the Eu federation on a no vote. We would be so much better off with an EFTA agreement and could still run our own country with our own government. They still want our trade and the money we would save would be astounding.

I am very suspicious of the reason for dropping the referendum. I wonder why our leaders are persisting with a course which will be bad for the country and us of course. It will mean kissing democracy goodbye!

Les