Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Peterborough overrun with migrants?

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2010, 05:21 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Peterborough overrun with migrants?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/elec...migration.html

I was reading the artical at the gym having finished my swim. Yes, i know it is in the daily Wail but read on.

I found this disturbing if true
Helena Horvatova is proud of her seven children. She lines them up in the back garden of her terrace house and explains that the youngest, aged four months, is called Kevin.

'It is a very British name. We want him to grow up British,' says the 27-year-old Czech mother, who arrived in Peterborough two weeks ago. In broken English, she continues: 'We came to Britain because we wanted a better life for all of our children.'

Mrs Horvatova pats little Kevin on his head, before plopping down on a battered bench in the middle of her garden, which is littered with rubbish.
The Horvatovas: Mother Helena sitting with her children Nicola, baby Kevin, Frankie, Marek, Helena, David and Natalia

The Horvatovas: Mother Helena (sitting) with her children Nicola, baby Kevin, Frankie, Marek, Helena, David and Natalia

Outside the kitchen door there are grubby children's clothes and some beer cans.

Inside the house sits Mrs Horvatova's husband, Frankie. He is 29 and also is able to speak only a few words of English. 'He does not go to work,' his wife says, as her ten-year-old daughter, Nicola, tries to help as an interpreter.

As the other children (Frankie, 12, Helena, nine, Marek, seven, Natala, six, and David, four) clamour for attention, their mother explains: 'My husband is claiming the Jobseekers' allowance. Back in our country he was a school cleaner, but in Peterborough they say there are no vacancies.

'The council has been very good to us. It has given us a house because we have the children. It only has three bedrooms, though, and we would like more.

and
The councillors say: 'At our local primary school, Fulbridge, which has a roll of 675 pupils, 27 different languages are spoken with only 200 of the pupils having English as a first language.

'The first-year reception class has 90 pupils, of which only 17 are white British. Every day new arrivals are turned away.

'Registration at the local doctors' surgery has rocketed with more than 90 per cent of the new arrivals being from the EU. There has been a substantial increase in women who are pregnant.

'The Health Service and Primary Care Trust in the city has overspent by millions in the past year.'

and it goes on
At this surgery staff are also overwhelmed with increasing numbers of pregnant women.

'This whole place is about to explode with babies,' explained a nurse at a clinic, half-a-mile from Mrs Horvatov's home.

'It is a common thing for 14, 15 and 16-year-old girls who have arrived from Slovakia and Lithuania to come in pregnant or wanting fertility advice. We tell them it is illegal in this country to have sexual intercourse at their age.

'We suspect they want babies because they know it will lead to a house and child benefits. There are so many foreign girls having babies that it will change the face of Peterborough.'

How and why are we letting in so many people, people who do not speak English who just sign on for JSA - it is all wrong IMHO and of that make me a racist then so be it!

Anyone live in Peterborough and care to comment? is it true or just the DM making more of it...

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 April 2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10 April 2010, 05:45 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

The EU makes the rules the UK bend over and take it up the ****
Old 10 April 2010, 05:52 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

There's a reasonable size east european imigrant community, but most are hard working and contribute to society. i think a lot were attracted here as farm labourers and a community has built around them. Can't comment on the above case, but the immigration laws are national, so I can't see it being an isolated problem for Peterborough......
Old 10 April 2010, 05:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alistair
There's a reasonable size east european imigrant community, but most are hard working and contribute to society. i think a lot were attracted here as farm labourers and a community has built around them. Can't comment on the above case, but the immigration laws are national, so I can't see it being an isolated problem for Peterborough......
I think the issue is the number that have been allowed to settle there and what it is doing to the communities and services such as schools, hospitals, surgeries, etc. I do find it worrying that a family of 9 can come to the UK with little or no English so really unemployable and g et a council propety within weeks when there are already 7000 on the waiting list. Thier failiy size and having nowhere to live gives them the points they need to quality or a house even though they are not English, not working, not contributing but part of the EU so they do qualify... As i said if this is true then God help us.

I do know a chap in his 40's who lives in a village very close to Peterborough, he has stopped going into town due to the fighting between rival eastern europeans (gangs) and anybody else they choose to pick on/fight.

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 April 2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10 April 2010, 06:06 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Nothing like a good immigrant thread Sure beats all the bloody Apple threads we have had to endure recently

I think there are good few areas in the UK that have different sized communities of different types of migrants and Peterborough may well be one of them.

The language thing annoys me but the trouble is for every scrounger there is a good hardworking migrant and where do you draw the line?

As for the comment on the eastern Europeans fighting pop into Manchester any Friday or Saturday and see if the native population aren't doing exactly the same. The UK is an angry country right now and it isn't just the migrants who are to blame for that.
Old 10 April 2010, 06:16 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just too many people, regardless of where they are from and whether they were born here and too many of the get away with not contributing, just taking all the time.

I do not think people arriving from other countries should just be given a house, then again I dont think people born here should be given one either unless they work for it or are not able to work on real medical grounds, the working population are being used to give others an easy ride, not their fault its the government that has tied itself in knots to pander to and provide for anyone who rocks up from anywhere, anyone who wants to be a career layabout on top of the rest of us who need looking after, even a lot of working people actually cost the system more than they contribute in top ups like Working tax credit, Family allowance and things like NHS treatment and state schooling.
Old 10 April 2010, 06:18 PM
Alg
Scooby Regular

I was in Peterborough about 3 weeks ago and there was a section of ornate railing being painted black outside a building in the centre of town.
It was no longer than 10ft in length, waist height and there were 7 people painting it and not one of them was English.
Old 10 April 2010, 06:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure I watched a program on this a month or two ago. They offered some locals a guaranteed £7 an hour job outside the peterborough job centre. And their response was " nah mate I'd rather sign on".
Not sure how matey in the story is on jsa though, I thought you had to work for a solid 12 months before you could claim.
They should look through the people who have been unemployed longer than 12 months and force them to fill these jobs. Refuse and lose your benefits. Of course with this is a vote loser with the scroungers. so unless we get someone in power with a spine this will never happen
Old 10 April 2010, 06:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

As a country we have got soft, go back to the war and see how resourceful and hard working people were to survive, remove the need to provide and people get fat, lazy and then incapable of providing for themselves.
Old 10 April 2010, 08:29 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

They should be made to get a job before they come in, unless there is zero unemployment.
Old 10 April 2010, 09:26 PM
bloomydj
Scooby Regular

i live just outside boro but work there. it's a disgrace! british people are now the minority in Peterborough. the council insist on helping eastern European families and giving them all the benifits available, it really ****s me off. few years back I had to move out of my rented home because peterborough council refused to help me.
Old 10 April 2010, 10:10 PM
Coupe-Se
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alistair
There's a reasonable size east european imigrant community, but most are hard working and contribute to society.
You obviously don't live in the same Peterborough as I do!!!

The city is bloody loused out with immigrants that fill the city centre and lounge around aimlessly. A hell of a lot of English people like myself now avoid the city centre at all costs because of this. Every person I know that has visited the city centre in the last 6-8 months cannot believe how bad the immigrant problem has got.

I work with a good few people in the council and they are tearing their hair out as the government is forcing them to take the immigrants in unmanageable numbers. Doctors surgeries and schools are at breaking point as they cannot cope with the volume. I do a lot of work at 2 Doctors practices and they cannot cope but get threatened with legal action when they refuse.

In Bretton an entire block of flats was emptied of all english people and busloads of immigrants are brought in at 3am.

The police target the immigrant areas of the city and impound hundreds of illegally driven cars with no tax/mot/insurance. It is considered a big problem for the police.

Prostitution on Lincoln Road has sky rocketed with eastern block hookers everywhere. Day and night they are on the streets and Lincoln Road is called 'Little Poland"

The Eastfied road area has been over taken with eastern block immigrants and have driven out a lot of Asian people. The area is the main drug route into the city. There have been street battles between the Asians and eastern block over drug trafficking but the local press has been banned from reporting it. My wifes best friend is married to a policeman and it is amazing what is going unreported regarding eastern block gangs and their activities.

I live in the western most part of the city and there is no way I would move any closer to the centre of he city as it is appalling. Everyone nows that Peterborough has a huge immigration problem but the government will not let those in charge do anything about it!!
Old 11 April 2010, 01:15 AM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

Originally Posted by Coupe-Se
You obviously don't live in the same Peterborough as I do!!!

The city is bloody loused out with immigrants that fill the city centre and lounge around aimlessly. A hell of a lot of English people like myself now avoid the city centre at all costs because of this. Every person I know that has visited the city centre in the last 6-8 months cannot believe how bad the immigrant problem has got.

I work with a good few people in the council and they are tearing their hair out as the government is forcing them to take the immigrants in unmanageable numbers. Doctors surgeries and schools are at breaking point as they cannot cope with the volume. I do a lot of work at 2 Doctors practices and they cannot cope but get threatened with legal action when they refuse.

In Bretton an entire block of flats was emptied of all english people and busloads of immigrants are brought in at 3am.

The police target the immigrant areas of the city and impound hundreds of illegally driven cars with no tax/mot/insurance. It is considered a big problem for the police.

Prostitution on Lincoln Road has sky rocketed with eastern block hookers everywhere. Day and night they are on the streets and Lincoln Road is called 'Little Poland"

The Eastfied road area has been over taken with eastern block immigrants and have driven out a lot of Asian people. The area is the main drug route into the city. There have been street battles between the Asians and eastern block over drug trafficking but the local press has been banned from reporting it. My wifes best friend is married to a policeman and it is amazing what is going unreported regarding eastern block gangs and their activities.

I live in the western most part of the city and there is no way I would move any closer to the centre of he city as it is appalling. Everyone nows that Peterborough has a huge immigration problem but the government will not let those in charge do anything about it!!
that about sums it up for me as well.i use to work near the parnwell estate.between the pikeys there and the immigrants its a war zone.but i know some poles who live there.they cant wait to get out and move to wisbech because they think its a nicer place
Old 11 April 2010, 07:54 AM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Feckin immigrants.........

If you have a job,you can stay...

If not..........here is ya toothbrush,now FO with your scabby kids!
Old 11 April 2010, 08:17 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

All part of the great vote buying execrcise!

Les
Old 11 April 2010, 08:34 AM
saloonwoody
Scooby Regular

i dont even venture into peterborough anymore its gone downhill the last 10-15 years , last time me n the mrs went shopping there we lasted 15 minutes before we said **** this and got back in the car !
your soon gonna need a passport to get in n out

Last edited by saloonwoody; 11 April 2010 at 08:35 AM. Reason: spelling :(
Old 11 April 2010, 09:35 AM
spanner monkey
Scooby Regular

At one point you knew who lived in certain areas of peterborough, theres a pakistani area, italian area, scum bag crack head area, ect. Now its a free for all & you could wake up in the morning with new neighbours boiling cabbage & swans for breakfast. Pisses me off that much i travel to Stamford every week to do my shopping.
Old 11 April 2010, 10:49 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/elec...migration.html

I was reading the artical at the gym having finished my swim. Yes, i know it is in the daily Wail but read on.

I found this disturbing if true
Helena Horvatova is proud of her seven children. She lines them up in the back garden of her terrace house and explains that the youngest, aged four months, is called Kevin.

'It is a very British name. We want him to grow up British,' says the 27-year-old Czech mother, who arrived in Peterborough two weeks ago. In broken English, she continues: 'We came to Britain because we wanted a better life for all of our children.'

Mrs Horvatova pats little Kevin on his head, before plopping down on a battered bench in the middle of her garden, which is littered with rubbish.
The Horvatovas: Mother Helena sitting with her children Nicola, baby Kevin, Frankie, Marek, Helena, David and Natalia

The Horvatovas: Mother Helena (sitting) with her children Nicola, baby Kevin, Frankie, Marek, Helena, David and Natalia

Outside the kitchen door there are grubby children's clothes and some beer cans.

Inside the house sits Mrs Horvatova's husband, Frankie. He is 29 and also is able to speak only a few words of English. 'He does not go to work,' his wife says, as her ten-year-old daughter, Nicola, tries to help as an interpreter.

As the other children (Frankie, 12, Helena, nine, Marek, seven, Natala, six, and David, four) clamour for attention, their mother explains: 'My husband is claiming the Jobseekers' allowance. Back in our country he was a school cleaner, but in Peterborough they say there are no vacancies.

'The council has been very good to us. It has given us a house because we have the children. It only has three bedrooms, though, and we would like more.

and
The councillors say: 'At our local primary school, Fulbridge, which has a roll of 675 pupils, 27 different languages are spoken with only 200 of the pupils having English as a first language.

'The first-year reception class has 90 pupils, of which only 17 are white British. Every day new arrivals are turned away.

'Registration at the local doctors' surgery has rocketed with more than 90 per cent of the new arrivals being from the EU. There has been a substantial increase in women who are pregnant.

'The Health Service and Primary Care Trust in the city has overspent by millions in the past year.'

and it goes on
At this surgery staff are also overwhelmed with increasing numbers of pregnant women.

'This whole place is about to explode with babies,' explained a nurse at a clinic, half-a-mile from Mrs Horvatov's home.

'It is a common thing for 14, 15 and 16-year-old girls who have arrived from Slovakia and Lithuania to come in pregnant or wanting fertility advice. We tell them it is illegal in this country to have sexual intercourse at their age.

'We suspect they want babies because they know it will lead to a house and child benefits. There are so many foreign girls having babies that it will change the face of Peterborough.'

How and why are we letting in so many people, people who do not speak English who just sign on for JSA - it is all wrong IMHO and of that make me a racist then so be it!

Anyone live in Peterborough and care to comment? is it true or just the DM making more of it...
But New Labour would argue that this has made our country better.

Vote the ******* out.
Old 11 April 2010, 10:57 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Vote Conservative then, they will (unlike Labour) put an absolute cap on immigration numbers
Old 12 April 2010, 01:07 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
No. They *could* put a number on non-EU immigrants. They have no rights to change any aspect of EU law regarding EU immigrants. So the eastern Europeans will keep coming. Perhaps CMD could give us a cast-iron guarantee on a referendum? Oh, wait ....

As I've said in another thread, the 3 main parties are all the same. There are minor differences between them, nothing else. Most of the power resides in Brussels and the UK parliament is the international equivalent of a parish council. But not as effective ....

Dave
Not yet too late to put that right!

Les
Old 12 April 2010, 02:55 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

No - its never too late!

Another thing thats quite frightening in that report is that the school they refer to has 675 pupils, out of this 675 there are only 200 pupils with English as their first language.
There are 27 different languages used - thats truely frightening

What is going on?
OK, maybe thats an exception - I don't know?
Old 13 April 2010, 11:32 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Can't see anyone having much of a chance in those circumstances.

Les
Old 13 April 2010, 10:38 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Old father Thames, it seems he`s drowned
Selling England by the pound
Old 14 April 2010, 11:11 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Can't see anyone having much of a chance in those circumstances.

Les
Definately not.
Thankfully the teachers at my daughters primary school only use English and are ALL locals.
Same goes for the high school my son attended